Options

*** Countdown 2 is on...! ***

Comments

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Firecloud wrote:
    Depends on how you look at. Really, all they did was put a countdown up. The only ones making a big deal of it is the fans. I think anything short of saying they will release 17 new albums a month for 2 years free of charge, followed by a tour to every venue that holds at least 60 people for less than 5 bucks each will be met with much flak around these parts. I am just hoping for either a new album or a show around my area or both - but come what may. :)

That's the thing - that's not all they did. It's a constant presence on Twitter, Facebook and through press releases. They're blanketing social media with this big tease buildup, which doesn't make sense for a tour.

Oh I know that, but what I mean is that it is a publicity stunt that can't possibly live up to the expectations of everyone; especially some of our uberfans here.

I really don't know what the hell people are expecting or what could be disappointing about this news. It's clearly going to be an album release date. Isn't that really all that matters? Who gives a fuck about Alpine bootleg news or any thing else like that in light of a new record? Also, why throw a fit if a tour isn't announced at the same time. They've already said they're touring in the fall. All I give a flying fuck about is the record. Everything else is secondary.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    given the #PearlJam2013 hashtag, i believe that we will see all of their plans for the rest of the year including the single release on july 16th, album release date and fall tour dates

and now, back to the nonsense :D
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Global Citizen
    Tomorrow is 4th of July. Be a Global Citizen: think, speak and act to help the world's poorest communities exercise their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Big announcement coming next week. Stay tuned.

from their fb thread.

Cant be a coincidence so I'm thinking tour or big free show for global citizen...
    I was thinking maybe this whole Global Fest huge announcement has something in some way to do with PJ....whatever it is, I hope so!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    norm wrote:
    given the #PearlJam2013 hashtag, i believe that we will see all of their plans for the rest of the year including the single release on july 16th, album release date and fall tour dates

and now, back to the nonsense :D

I'd call this the safest bet.
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    vedhead011 wrote:
    I am inclined to not believe it's a tour announcement, the only reason being no little birdies have told us to keep our membership up to date...although that's certainly not a rule, and things can change.

I can't shake the idea that there is a small chance we'll be riding home from work on Monday afternoon listening to the new album. Like when we woke up one day and Radiohead was all like "Hey, we've got a new album, it's called In Rainbows, you can download it right now, pay what you want." Not likely, but a man can dream.

I definitely feel like it's more likely album news than tour news.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe on their Facebook page a few weeks back they said to make sure you are renewed. It's going to be a tour announcement for sure IMHO.

If anyone's wrong, it's probably me. I haven't been as intense the last few years. Kids.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    I'm kinda surprised with everything so close an accurate tracklist hasn't leaked.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Countdown to me and the wife getting Wrigley tickets is on......Then I can think about new album and next tour.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I'm kinda surprised with everything so close an accurate tracklist hasn't leaked.

I agree. Remember when the cover art for S/T leaked and no one believed it because it looked so ridiculous?
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    Please just be news on the god damn new album!!
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    Please just be news on the god damn new album!!

AMEN to that!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    Firecloud wrote:
    I have a really hard time believing all this hype and countdown business is just for a tour. Don't get me wrong, seeing PJ live is still an incredible experience, but this is a hell of a lot of build-up for a tour announcement.

yeah i can agree, plus they've really never done anything like this before when announcing tour dates. Or at least I don't ever remember them doing it.
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    BrianoBriano Posts: 53
    october22 wrote:
    I really don't know what the hell people are expecting or what could be disappointing about this news. It's clearly going to be an album release date. Isn't that really all that matters? Who gives a fuck about Alpine bootleg news or any thing else like that in light of a new record? Also, why throw a fit if a tour isn't announced at the same time. They've already said they're touring in the fall. All I give a flying fuck about is the record. Everything else is secondary.

Fucking A. This guy gets it.
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Oh I know that, but what I mean is that it is a publicity stunt that can't possibly live up to the expectations of everyone; especially some of our uberfans here.

You are exactly right.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834

THIS. Darn it. THIS!
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    For those of you who have been here a while, has there ever been a countdown before??
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    JB128716 wrote:

Now I get your previous comment! Hilarious!!! Love that movie...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    For those of you who have been here a while, has there ever been a countdown before??

No.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    andrewdelandrewdel Posts: 26
    Pearl Jam will play the BIG DAY OUT festival. Confirmed from a musician that has played the festival before. Hope they play a sideshow for fan club only in each city with priority for members from that city. Great way to do the huge festival thing (read: cash) and make the fans insanely happy!!
  • Options
    andrewdel wrote:
    Pearl Jam will play the BIG DAY OUT festival. Confirmed from a musician that has played the festival before. Hope they play a sideshow for fan club only in each city with priority for members from that city. Great way to do the huge festival thing (read: cash) and make the fans insanely happy!!

Wow for real, i was just wondering what the chances are of them ever doing bdo as they ve cancelled their bdo commitments once before. if you are right here that is awesome
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    andrewdel wrote:

Wow for real, i was just wondering what the chances are of them ever doing bdo as they ve cancelled their bdo commitments once before. if you are right here that is awesome

touring here is awesome, playing BDO is an atrocious result for fans... unless they play sideshows.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options

Nope... And this countdown is more powerful than all the silly commercials they have done in the past. People are guessing. Magazines are picking it up. A simple countdown and even non-fans are curious. This shows that simple marketing works the best.
  • Options
    now back on the countdown, will the new album be called "X"?

x's on the homepage.
    10th album
    ed loves the band X.

well.. it sure beats "tides".
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I'm hoping its a double album.

A guy can dream!!
  • Options
    now back on the countdown, will the new album be called "X"?

x's on the homepage.
    10th album
    ed loves the band X.

well.. it sure beats "tides".

Agree. And a double album may explain the different tracklists :lol::lol::lol: .
  • Options
    loix71loix71 Posts: 283
    eldarion75 wrote:

A guy can dream!!
    I love your dream ;)
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
  • Options
    andrewdel wrote:

touring here is awesome, playing BDO is an atrocious result for fans... unless they play sideshows.

im pretty sure they will do side shows as well otherwise itll be a pointless trip out here
  • Options
    im pretty sure they will do side shows as well otherwise itll be a pointless trip out here

yeh if true, they'll do sideshows. but sideys arent usually in every state unfortunately.. not adelaide!
  • Options
    wawasmanwawasman Posts: 73
    eldarion75 wrote:

A guy can dream!!

Sold. Make that happen. :D
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    eldarion75 wrote:

A guy can dream!!

can you imagine