*** Countdown 2 is on...! ***

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement is just about the London and Wrigley shows.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Red Lukin wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    I'm kinda hoping for this as well.
    So a reissue and a re-reissue? :lol:

I mean pj20 Alpine : )
    Oh riiiight. That was a thing. I honestly forgot! :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,838
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Can anyone in Europe tell me what time it'll be when the clock reaches 00:00:00:00:00?

Please

I think in Australia it will be 2:00am Melbourne time :nono:
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pn262980pn262980 Posts: 67
    morello wrote:
    timeanddate.com people, timeanddate.com
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Thanks Morello,
    Been looking for something like this for ages :)

I'm enjoying everyones comment to zero hours- Part of the journey is enjoying the ride to the destination.
    If a tour is announced- I intend of having my first O/S trip ever to see at least one concert(ie Bucket List)
    Passport application is in- just in case. :D
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    kramer73 wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement is just about the London and Wrigley shows.

I'm truly hoping there is much more to it than that. If that is true I will never be excited about any pre-whatever "buzz" again.

Wind this thing up.

• backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    The countdown is done for publicity of an upcoming album. Not for staggered dates of cities being played. How do I know? Because they wouldn't be broadcasting this countdown on Good Morning America and major news stations as well as local news stations if it wasn't a national release like an album. The tours now are so small, that going for major publicity that PJ has done with this countdown, for only a few cities being played, wouldn't make sense. It would piss fans across the country off. That's why I think it's strictly album and 1st song release publicity.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Hopefully it will be played in PJ radio at the same time since there is zero chance of the site not crashing

Yes. SiriusXM will have it as will the radio station here.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    The countdown is done for publicity of an upcoming album. Not for staggered dates of cities being played. How do I know? Because they wouldn't be broadcasting this countdown on Good Morning America and major news stations as well as local news stations if it wasn't a national release like an album. The tours now are so small, that going for major publicity that PJ has done with this countdown, for only a few cities being played, wouldn't make sense. It would piss fans across the country off. That's why I think it's strictly album and 1st song release publicity.

^^^^^^THIS MAKES THE MOST SENSE, BUT I'M HOPING FOR MORE^^^^^^^^^^

Wind this thing up.

• bat2797bat2797 Posts: 69
    I have to agree that it's the album. Hoping and praying for tour but its gotta be album. They're even talking about it on radio in L.A. So...album w maybe some tour info too??? Waiting and watching, anticipating... :corn:
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    If they're releasing a single and announcing more info about the album, there's no reason they can't announce tour dates as well. However, I do think they'll probably wait until after Wrigley to release tour dates. Anything is possible for sure.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    12 noon here in Wisconsin.

Perfect way to spend my lunch break.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 558
    It'll be album title and first single release dates, possibly album tracklist also.

I reckon tour dates will come later.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • The countdown is done for publicity of an upcoming album. Not for staggered dates of cities being played. How do I know? Because they wouldn't be broadcasting this countdown on Good Morning America and major news stations as well as local news stations if it wasn't a national release like an album. The tours now are so small, that going for major publicity that PJ has done with this countdown, for only a few cities being played, wouldn't make sense. It would piss fans across the country off. That's why I think it's strictly album and 1st song release publicity.

Spoken like a champ. :clap:
    One man stands alone, awaiting, for her to come home.
    Eyes are closed,.. You cannot know.
    But his heart don't seem to roam.
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    oysterjar wrote:
    @ PJmosquito- no worries, I said that Dan Rather reported it on the nightly news. Its all in good fun, that's what makes this exciting.

So Funny! I actually did a doubletake last night and after about 5 minutes remembered that Dan Rather isn't actually on the nightly news anymore!! :lol:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
    oysterjar wrote:
    @ PJmosquito- no worries, I said that Dan Rather reported it on the nightly news. Its all in good fun, that's what makes this exciting.

So Funny! I actually did a doubletake last night and after about 5 minutes remembered that Dan Rather isn't actually on the nightly news anymore!! :lol:

You are the first one to mention it. I don't know if anyone else caught it! Its all in good fun. Anything to kill time until the countdown implodes!

Wind this thing up.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    OK. For me, it's about the first single pre-order and new album pre-order for sure. I'm just hoping for a world tour and a release of the Alpine Valley boots in CD, vinyl, digital download, DVD, Blu-Ray and book. Fingers crossed.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Seeing as they have summoned me from a deep slumber. I hope it's something good!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • JameydogJameydog Posts: 68
    Bring on the tour baby! Come to Kansas City or anywhere close please. All time greatest band ever.
  • vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    I am inclined to not believe it's a tour announcement, the only reason being no little birdies have told us to keep our membership up to date...although that's certainly not a rule, and things can change.

I can't shake the idea that there is a small chance we'll be riding home from work on Monday afternoon listening to the new album. Like when we woke up one day and Radiohead was all like "Hey, we've got a new album, it's called In Rainbows, you can download it right now, pay what you want." Not likely, but a man can dream.

I definitely feel like it's more likely album news than tour news.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • vedhead011 wrote:
    I am inclined to not believe it's a tour announcement, the only reason being no little birdies have told us to keep our membership up to date...although that's certainly not a rule, and things can change.

I can't shake the idea that there is a small chance we'll be riding home from work on Monday afternoon listening to the new album. Like when we woke up one day and Radiohead was all like "Hey, we've got a new album, it's called In Rainbows, you can download it right now, pay what you want." Not likely, but a man can dream.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe on their Facebook page a few weeks back they said to make sure you are renewed. It's going to be a tour announcement for sure IMHO.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Jameydog wrote:
    Bring on the tour baby! Come to Kansas City or anywhere close please. All time greatest band ever.

Although it's not going to happen, KC or STL like in 2010 would be fantastic.

Like many others have said, I think this countdown will be an all-inclusive announcement of some sort for the new album, single, and tour. Some news on Alpine boots would be great too.

Monday will be great.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    won't be catching any shows so i'm hoping for the album announcement with some custom preorders.

deluxe, super deluxe, etc.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    vedhead011 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe on their Facebook page a few weeks back they said to make sure you are renewed. It's going to be a tour announcement for sure IMHO.

Yes, they've given ample warning on Facebook and twitter. There was no tweet for Wrigley either, right?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    Yesterday, a DJ on Radio 104.5 in Philly announced that on Monday morning they were going to have a major concert announcement for our area. She reiterated that it was a big one...

Countdown ending Monday morning - coincidence???

Between this and my Wrigley tickets - it is a fun month to be a PJ fan!
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    2 days! Get here faster!
  • FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    I have a really hard time believing all this hype and countdown business is just for a tour. Don't get me wrong, seeing PJ live is still an incredible experience, but this is a hell of a lot of build-up for a tour announcement.
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Firecloud wrote:
    I have a really hard time believing all this hype and countdown business is just for a tour. Don't get me wrong, seeing PJ live is still an incredible experience, but this is a hell of a lot of build-up for a tour announcement.

Depends on how you look at. Really, all they did was put a countdown up. The only ones making a big deal of it is the fans. I think anything short of saying they will release 17 new albums a month for 2 years free of charge, followed by a tour to every venue that holds at least 60 people for less than 5 bucks each will be met with much flak around these parts. I am just hoping for either a new album or a show around my area or both - but come what may. :)
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Depends on how you look at. Really, all they did was put a countdown up. The only ones making a big deal of it is the fans. I think anything short of saying they will release 17 new albums a month for 2 years free of charge, followed by a tour to every venue that holds at least 60 people for less than 5 bucks each will be met with much flak around these parts. I am just hoping for either a new album or a show around my area or both - but come what may. :)

That's the thing - that's not all they did. It's a constant presence on Twitter, Facebook and through press releases. They're blanketing social media with this big tease buildup, which doesn't make sense for a tour.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    There's a lot of people outside this club that would go see PJ every chance they got and never buy a new album. Most of my friends fall in this category.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Firecloud wrote:

That's the thing - that's not all they did. It's a constant presence on Twitter, Facebook and through press releases. They're blanketing social media with this big tease buildup, which doesn't make sense for a tour.

Oh I know that, but what I mean is that it is a publicity stunt that can't possibly live up to the expectations of everyone; especially some of our uberfans here.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02