*** Countdown 2 is on...! ***

Comments

• WHAT NEXT..

Ok let's just say by some miracle PJ announce a tour that includes Australia on Monday. Seeming as I have never tried to purchase tickets through 10 club... What do I need to do to get myself ready :?
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    WHAT NEXT..

Ok let's just say by some miracle PJ announce a tour that includes Australia on Monday. Seeming as I have never tried to purchase tickets through 10 club... What do I need to do to get myself ready :?
    Nothing besides making sure your membership.is up to date, your credit card has plenty of space on it, and I guess that your contact info for 10c is updated. All you'd have to do is enter a lottery, which puts credit card funds on hold until the draw, and then wait for an email that says whether or not you won tix.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I just checked Soundgarden homepage, and they only have a couple of dates through september this year as of now. I find it questionable that they don't tour more supporting King Animal. So if there will be more dates the rest of the year or next year - what will happen with PJ tour? Do we know anything about Matt replacement? Or will these two heavyweights plan tours around the revolving drumstool? That seems odd to me...

I'm sure Cameron would like to do both and by this time he's been the drummer for PJ longer than SG so wouldn't he feel a responsability towards PJ? Of course the PJ camp are fans of Soundgarden but PJ has been his maingig for about 15 years by now.

any thoughts?

- curious about the countdown.
    PJ - Roskilde Festival - June 30th 2000
    PJ - Heineken Jammin' Festival - July 6 2010
    PJ - Oslo, Norway - July 9 2012
    SG - Oslo, Norway - October 17 1996
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I just checked Soundgarden homepage, and they only have a couple of dates through september this year as of now. I find it questionable that they don't tour more supporting King Animal. So if there will be more dates the rest of the year or next year - what will happen with PJ tour? Do we know anything about Matt replacement? Or will these two heavyweights plan tours around the revolving drumstool? That seems odd to me...

I'm sure Cameron would like to do both and by this time he's been the drummer for PJ longer than SG so wouldn't he feel a responsability towards PJ? Of course the PJ camp are fans of Soundgarden but PJ has been his maingig for about 15 years by now.

any thoughts?

Soundgarden will tour in september, and then PJ will tour in October. There will obviously not be a drummer replacement.

haven't Soundgarden toured "plenty" for King Animal?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Soundgarden will tour in september, and then PJ will tour in October. There will obviously not be a drummer replacement.

haven't Soundgarden toured "plenty" for King Animal?[/quote]

yeah, maybe you're right. I just remember this topic being up earlier about Cameron touring with both bands. My bad. I'm at work scribling down thoughts quickly so my boss don't see me;) Maybe that statement about SG wasn't all that thought over, but my point really is that these two bands need to plan their tours around one guy if they don't want a replacement. Is this possible in the longrun?

I for one love Cameron in both bands. He's a great drummer. But I always end up thinking 'how can this last'?
    Being creative, writing, producing, touring with two gigantic bands. Don't this guy need a vacation soon? I have a spare couch for him to crash if he needs to get away for a while;)
  • hmm.
    Why have they brought back the Pearl Jam logo from TEN era as the header for this site? I'm thinking this has something to do with the beginning of the band. I could definatly be wrong. But what if the countdown is for a new version PJ20. Outtakes? Bloopers maybe? directors cut. a David Lynch remake?

I'm open for suggestions
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    pdalowsky wrote:
    topaz wrote:
    NZ tour announcement!! ;)

after the states maybe? or you might need to hitch a ride to the mainland :D

No chance it's time to show some love to the Kiwi's and Aussies..don't be greedy

oops. I was tongue in cheek referring to Australia as the mainland!!
  • I don't have a new and exciting guess, but I'm brimming with antici...pation! :D
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Once the countdown clock finishes I bet we'll be able to hit play on the new single! Full Album news may be a little prem but I don't think it would be too far away.
    hello to Australia from Europe!!

G'day from Australia to all my European friends!

Love to you all!

Can't wait to celebrate the countdown to zero!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    I believe this countdown is the official countdown to the official 11 day countdown to the Wrigley Show....only makes sense
    This could be the day
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    My prediction: A new hipster t-shirt in the good section. I already have my credit card number set to "paste."
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    TRobinson wrote:
    I believe this countdown is the official countdown to the official 11 day countdown to the Wrigley Show....only makes sense
    :lol::lol:

I'm looking forward to a NZ tour because I need an excuse to walk away from life and follow PJ around the southern hemisphere for a while :D I really need my feet back on kiwi soil.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Bobbleheads go on sale.
  • the band knew this was going to garner media attention. so this is absolutely about the new album, maybe with a twist thrown in for good measure. when avocado came out, they announced it and gave away a free download of WWS, which at that time, giving your first single away for free was considered groundbreaking.

I'm sure they have something interesting up their collective sleeve.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    TRobinson wrote:

my head hurt :lol:

its for tour and album no doubt. Plus pre-sale for vinyl and 2-3 free sample releases for all current 10 club members.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • So I'm incredibly lazy and didn't read 21 pages about this...What's this all about? Tour, Single, new album? Tell me now!!!! ;)
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    So I'm incredibly lazy and didn't read 21 pages about this...What's this all about? Tour, Single, new album? Tell me now!!!! ;)

We don't know yet, but expecting at least one of the three. :D

Wind this thing up.

• oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    So I'm incredibly lazy and didn't read 21 pages about this...What's this all about? Tour, Single, new album? Tell me now!!!! ;)

We don't know yet, but expecting at least one of the three. :D

Wind this thing up.

I just checked Soundgarden homepage, and they only have a couple of dates through september this year as of now. I find it questionable that they don't tour more supporting King Animal. So if there will be more dates the rest of the year or next year - what will happen with PJ tour? Do we know anything about Matt replacement? Or will these two heavyweights plan tours around the revolving drumstool? That seems odd to me...

any thoughts?

Matt would put PJ before Soundgarden. I am not clear on why you are wondering if there would be a conflict or if they would get someone to replace Matt. That seems way out of left field. SG has already done a fairly large King Animal tour... if they're doing another, they can easily wait until 2014.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Is anyone else looking at the clock again and again, even though you know it's not going to be expired until Monday? I'm sure some psychologist could reason why it is exciting to check in on. I've already warned my office cohorts to steer clear from 11:30 to 12:30 on Monday....

My hopes in ranked order:

PJ20 Weekend DVD/CD pre-sale
    Tour Dates and ticket pre-sale
    Album track sneak peek
    Album release info
    Listing of special guests to join Wrigley concert
    Pre-sale on Wrigley poster

:corn: :corn: :corn:
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
    PJinIL wrote:
    Is anyone else looking at the clock again and again, even though you know it's not going to be expired until Monday? I'm sure some psychologist could reason why it is exciting to check in on. I've already warned my office cohorts to steer clear from 11:30 to 12:30 on Monday....

My hopes in ranked order:

PJ20 Weekend DVD/CD pre-sale
    Tour Dates and ticket pre-sale
    Album track sneak peek
    Album release info
    Listing of special guests to join Wrigley concert
    Pre-sale on Wrigley poster

:corn: :corn: :corn:
    If they are doing a countdown just for some info of something coming up, one new single release, or a poster sale, I'll laugh my ass off and then wonder who went mental over at 10C headquarters. :lol: I don't know if 10C had anything to do with the media coverage of this countdown, but if not, I'm wondering if they're not thinking, "oh shit.... this is becoming a WAY bigger deal than we meant it to become." The ONLY thing that won't piss a lot of people off at this point, because of the big build up a countdown has created, would be the actual album RELEASE, and/or a tour announcement/immediate lottery sale... and really, if it's only a tour announcement that doesn't really justify all the hubbub... We already knew it was coming up. Soooo..... :corn:

I'm just wondering if 10C didn't underestimate the power of a countdown clock. :lol::lol:
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Global Citizen
    Tomorrow is 4th of July. Be a Global Citizen: think, speak and act to help the world's poorest communities exercise their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Big announcement coming next week. Stay tuned.

from their fb thread.

Cant be a coincidence so I'm thinking tour or big free show for global citizen...
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    I doubt it will be tour info bc wrigley show is right around the corner
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Someone text me with the news next week yeah?
    me too!

i'm starting a new job and won't have access to a computer :x
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    :D
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    conman wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Someone text me with the news next week yeah?
    me too!

i'm starting a new job and won't have access to a computer :x

Smartphone my friend ;) . Or ask someone here to text you.
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Clock just hit its first version of 4:20
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    I doubt it's tour news. I don't think they would do such a big front-page campaign for something that's only going to apply to fans in certain places. It's gotta be something for everyone, or I don't think they'd do it this way.

I reckon it's got to be album news - tracklist, artwork, release date etc. (remember the gradual tearing of the paper bag around Avocado?)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    I doubt it's tour news. I don't think they would do such a big front-page campaign for something that's only going to apply to fans in certain places. It's gotta be something for everyone, or I don't think they'd do it this way.

I reckon it's got to be album news - tracklist, artwork, release date etc. (remember the gradual tearing of the paper bag around Avocado?)
    Agreed... although I also think it's too big a deal just for an announcement of a release date. The only thing that could justify this gimmick is the actual surprise release of the album.... Which I doubt will happen, in which case, this countdown seems kind of ill conceived. :lol: But I kind of appreciate the fan fare just for the sake of it I guess. Why not?
  • Blood1991Blood1991 Posts: 16
    Global Citizen
    Tomorrow is 4th of July. Be a Global Citizen: think, speak and act to help the world's poorest communities exercise their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Big announcement coming next week. Stay tuned.

from their fb thread.

Cant be a coincidence so I'm thinking tour or big free show for global citizen...

Or...maybe, the name for the new album is GLOBAL CITIZEN....(Just a wild guess, but who knows anyway? It makes sense to me! :lol: )