Options

*** Countdown 2 is on...! ***

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    if you don't have as many 10c tix as before, how bout the old rules like in 2000 you get to pick pair for 1 show, or if you have lots like riot act send it in mail and we pick, lottery is total bullshit, im gonna stick a computer up someones ass if its another lottery, and it wont be my own ass

Exactly. That's the crux of the whole issue...one pair per tour would lead to a lot more people getting tickets. If you were wanting two or three shows...you still could hook up or trade with someone, etc.

like I said im good with everyone getting a show, its just the lottery is unfair, pj does not play enough shows to warrant a lottery to have it be fair for everyone. also look at some lotto stu ff why do some get picked for both it luck of draw in sense but I believe some maybe gonna get picked more than others with the lotto thus making it unfair . just like if you say it unfair to do it by senority? at least senority was first come first serve, not random.

that why they should go back to 2000 rule and you get 1 pair for 1 show if 10c ticekts are tight again now, but they never did lotto really before except for ultra special show like that Chicago metro club show what year was that 2005? I understand shows like that getting 10c lottos, but not fuckin 40k seat Wrigley fields

The old system wasn't necessarily first-come, first-serve. If you were logged in and ready to go 30 or 45 minutes (or even longer) for some pre-sales, you could have still been shut out by someone who logged in right on time.

The new system gives everyone an equal chance without having to take an entire day off work to F5 for four hours in the hopes that the website doesn't crash and burn for eight hours when you'll finally see the "sold out" message.

Membership numbers don't mean anything except your seat location...same as always.

I still don't see how the lottery is more or less fair than any other system. It's a game of chance, which was exactly as the old system was. This new way is also a game of chance without the website burning and people having to miss work or stay up all night.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    I GOT ID and my Card ready for Ticket transactions
    trees

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I think it would be so cool if they did something like the Raconteurs did for their second album. Just released it. no hype. no media. nothing. just a major shock.

can you imagine walking into your local shop one day and seeing the new pearl jam record, without knowing it was coming out? :o

Well, one thing I learned over the years with Pearl Jam is: expect the unexpected. Maybe they will take a complete U-turn after all the criticism they had re. Target.
  • Options
    I think it would be so cool if they did something like the Raconteurs did for their second album. Just released it. no hype. no media. nothing. just a major shock.

can you imagine walking into your local shop one day and seeing the new pearl jam record, without knowing it was coming out? :o

Well, one thing I learned over the years with Pearl Jam is: expect the unexpected. Maybe they will take a complete U-turn after all the criticism they had re. Target.

I certainly hope this band never starts doing things or not doing things based on criticism from the general public.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    so, this little countdown thing made it onto our local news, just saw it on tv :?
  • Options

I certainly hope this band never starts doing things or not doing things based on criticism from the general public.

There is a difference between the general public and the fanbase. Besides that however: PJ doesn't strike me as a band that gets directs itself by criticism by either side. It does strike me as a band however that is introspective and sometimes looks within itself. Whatever the case; every single time I think there is formula, they surprise me. So maybe they will take a complete diff. marketing approach on this one (ala Raconteurs or Radiohead), who knows. We will know more in about 5 days.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    snert wrote:
    sonna wrote:
    snert wrote:
    Getting a bid in early for the 'Countdown Tour'.... Newcastle upon Tyne Metro Radio Arena 2014!!!!! :D

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Newcastle would be mint. Dunno if I would like the Arena though. Would much prefer the Academy or even Trillians! :D

Agreed. But i can't see it paying to play the o2 or Trillians or even the Cluny! Hence me hedging by going the Neil Young angle with the Arena!!!!

Good luck - that would be outstanding, unlikely, but outstanding!

Maybe St James?? It's been a while since there was any gigs there and I'm sure Mr Ashley would welcome any additional revenue....

Or even a run of nights at The Sage - the sound in that place is outstanding!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    snertsnert Posts: 219
    Agreed. But i can't see it paying to play the o2 or Trillians or even the Cluny! Hence me hedging by going the Neil Young angle with the Arena!!!![/quote]

Good luck - that would be outstanding, unlikely, but outstanding!

Maybe St James?? It's been a while since there was any gigs there and I'm sure Mr Ashley would welcome any additional revenue....

Or even a run of nights at The Sage - the sound in that place is outstanding![/quote]

Or even Gateshead Stadium?

Yes. The Sage would be awesome! Saw Fish there a few weeks ago with the mrs and my daughter. Top night with top sound! :-)
  • Options
    Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
    edited July 2013

There is a difference between the general public and the fanbase. Besides that however: PJ doesn't strike me as a band that gets directs itself by criticism by either side. It does strike me as a band however that is introspective and sometimes looks within itself. Whatever the case; every single time I think there is formula, they surprise me. So maybe they will take a complete diff. marketing approach on this one (ala Raconteurs or Radiohead), who knows. We will know more in about 5 days.

I used the term "general public" to encompass the fans as well.

but yeah, the target thing totally blew me, and obviously, a lot of others, away. maybe they'll pull a vitalogy and release it first on vinyl only. or put more tracks on the vinyl version.
    Post edited by Hugh Freaking Dillon on
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
  • Options
    Madjeski Stadium Reading ;-)

In all seriousness Glastonbury 2014 headliners...

Wishful thinking!
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • Options
    pp130767pp130767 Posts: 32
    ok
  • Options
    Barclays Center Brooklyn possible
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455

I think something like this will happen. I said it in an earlier post. I think they are going to drop the single next week and the album much sooner than the speculated October release date. In essence, they will strike while the iron is hot. Having the new album out sooner rather than later will certainly bolster sales for the presumed fall arena tour.

PJ is not afraid to think outside the box when it comes to marketing and they aren't tied down with a record company who releases music in a conventional manner.

I'm predicting an August release date and a tour that begins in September.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Travelar wrote:
    At the announcement of an announcement, the site becomes unusable. I predict that ticket sales will go well.

My thoughts exactly
    That's not an issue at all because of the lottery system. We have a week.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dr122931 wrote:

I think something like this will happen. I said it in an earlier post. I think they are going to drop the single next week and the album much sooner than the speculated October release date. In essence, they will strike while the iron is hot. Having the new album out sooner rather than later will certainly bolster sales for the presumed fall arena tour.

PJ is not afraid to think outside the box when it comes to marketing and they aren't tied down with a record company who releases music in a conventional manner.

I truly hope you are right. With facebook (7.7 million people linked to it), monkeywrench, and this website they can certaintly pull it off. It is all about distribution in the end, i guess. I remember I made similar statements at the preset of Backspacer and then they came with months before the album was released and Target.

So yeah, I hope that they think out of the box and let word-to-mouth take its course. So far, with a simple countdown, they already made national (let me refer: international) news. No videos or commercials needed these days.
  • Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    5 days and 18-some hours until they post my 2012 holiday single? :roll:
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    timbo1972 wrote:

And mine...

If they put a countdown on that one, it will be more than 5 days...
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    dr122931 wrote:

I truly hope you are right. With facebook (7.7 million people linked to it), monkeywrench, and this website they can certaintly pull it off. It is all about distribution in the end, i guess. I remember I made similar statements at the preset of Backspacer and then they came with months before the album was released and Target.

So yeah, I hope that they think out of the box and let word-to-mouth take its course. So far, with a simple countdown, they already made national (let me refer: international) news. No videos or commercials needed these days.

true, this countdown is gaining some serious momentum. I've had two friends who are not really PJ fans ask me about this because they know it is my favorite band.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Has the documentary called "Countdown to Zero" been mentioned in this thread? Because there is one, and "The Fixer" was on the soundtrack. :think:

From wikipedia:
    "Countdown to Zero is a documentary film released in 2010 which argues that the likelihood of the use of nuclear weapons has increased since the end of the Cold War due to terrorism, nuclear proliferation, theft of nuclear materials and weapons, and other factors.[1][3]..... The musical score was composed by Peter Golub, and the rock band Pearl Jam contributed the song "The Fixer."[2]

CONSPIRACY!

:P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BergfallBergfall Posts: 115
    It's a reissue of Benaroya in Greying-Beard color (got my first this winter, hey we're getting old!)

No....probably just splitting up..

;)
  • Options
    timbo1972 wrote:

And mine...

If they put a countdown on that one, it will be more than 5 days...

10C will post it immediately if you email them and tell them so.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    duska3419 wrote:
    krzzzymary wrote:
    They just showed this on Good Morning America :shock:
    showed what exactly?

Lara Spencer talked about the tweet that went out yesterday and showed the ticker. Because she is a fan :roll:
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    I wanna know how come they always do this stuff a Monday and make us wait all damn weekend for the final end of the countdown/big wait.

I mean, not that I'm complaining...maybe better for a Monday to brighten up everyone's return to work? :?:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    why not release Setting Forth w/band from his Into The Wild record on the new PJ album?

That would be awesome.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Someone text me with the news next week yeah?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Jaymz82Jaymz82 Posts: 24
    I think this is going to be a video of them playing Mind Your Manners and an album anouncement with presales for ltd edition packages starting at that moment.
    I'd feel let down if all this noise and countdown stuff is just going to be a tour or album anouncement.

Would be cool though if it is a surprise albumrelease.
  • Options
    Ok sure it's going to be new single released, album release date, WORLD tour announcement..Which means not just America...they need to get back down under..I'm going out of my mind I haven't seen them in concert since 10th March 1995....It's gotta be my time soon
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    topaz wrote:
    NZ tour announcement!! ;)

after the states maybe? or you might need to hitch a ride to the mainland :D

No chance it's time to show some love to the Kiwi's and Aussies..don't be greedy
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead