Bad cat habits!

Comments

• kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    afroannnie wrote:
    When I got up this morning...and went to the bathroom, it seems someone unraveled the entire roll of toilet paper off the roll... :fp: :roll:

Um, that wasn't one of our cats ... :?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    kw18 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    When I got up this morning...and went to the bathroom, it seems someone unraveled the entire roll of toilet paper off the roll... :fp: :roll:

Um, that wasn't one of our cats ... :?
    :fp: :? :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    afroannnie wrote:

An on going problem around here too.

And Annie The Cat has learned a new trick- how to pull facial tissues out a box... one at a time... and carefully shred them! :fp: :x :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

And Annie The Cat has learned a new trick- how to pull facial tissues out a box... one at a time... and carefully shred them! :fp: :x :lol:

Yes..Jonas goes for the tissues too...but he doesn't shred them...he tries to eat them..he tries to be sneaky about it... :nono: He even likes used ones... :fp: :sick:
    afroannnie wrote:

Yes..Jonas goes for the tissues too...but he doesn't shred them...he tries to eat them..he tries to be sneaky about it... :nono: He even likes used ones... :fp: :sick:

Yuk! :sick::lol::lol::lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    my cat still wont let me sleep.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    not sure if this counts :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcLxmFgCxt8
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    afroannnie wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Must be a universal bad cat habit! We have had to put all of the TP in the cabinet and turn all of the tissue boxes over. Eddie won't eat catnip, but paper of any kind - Yum! :lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Scooter likes to pounce on my head in the middle of the night, then once I'm awake, he demands to be pet!! Very annoying! But funny too!
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    duska3419 wrote:
    I have this problem too.

It's gotten out of hand. Last weekend I taped a bath towel to the back of the door in the second bedroom. Now, when my cat is going cuckoo for cocoa puffs at 4 in the morning, I scoop her up and put her in the other room.

The purpose of the towel is to eliminate the awful squealing noise the pads of her paws make as she drags them slowly down the back of the door.

It's an improvement. Ridiculous, but an improvement.
    oona left wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    I have this problem too.

It's gotten out of hand. Last weekend I taped a bath towel to the back of the door in the second bedroom. Now, when my cat is going cuckoo for cocoa puffs at 4 in the morning, I scoop her up and put her in the other room.

The purpose of the towel is to eliminate the awful squealing noise the pads of her paws make as she drags them slowly down the back of the door.

It's an improvement. Ridiculous, but an improvement.

I could've used an extra room to test your method last night. I had to be up at 7 this morning, so I went to bed around 1-130. At 3 she starts howling like there's something wrong with her. I jump out of bed and check on her and (as always) she's fine. She comes to bed to be pet and whenever i move (I have a problem with my leg so I have to move very carefully to avoid blinding pain) she stares at me incredulously and then begins yelling at me. I know I was awake at 3 something cuz of her, not sure when I fell asleep but she kept waking me up so I never really got to sleep. Not until 8am anyway. I slept until half noon. :( I'm gonna get kicked out of my morning classes if I miss anymore days :x

The only doors in my house are for my room & the bathroom. The bathroom door opens inward and doesn't close all the way so there's no way i could lock her in there. If I lock her out of here she just cries outside and keeps us both up. When she's in here it's only me she keeps up so this is how I have to handle it until I can figure out a way to shut her up.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rb8aOzy9t4

:evil:
    except my cat pretends to come in, then he turns around and runs away...swishing his tail, looking back at me with his "ha-ha!" look. :roll:

(all of the Simon's cat videos are hilarious, and spot on with bad cat habits)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rb8aOzy9t4

:evil:
    except my cat pretends to come in, then he turns around and runs away...swishing his tail, looking back at me with his "ha-ha!" look. :roll:

(all of the Simon's cat videos are hilarious, and spot on with bad cat habits)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Whoa! Talk about potential BAD CATS! :o

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/nightline-f ... 42975.html

There is a booming market out there for custom cat lovers who want more “king of the jungle” “than cute on the couch.”

We’re talking big kitties, the kind with fierce primal urges that have them banned in several states. Now, who would pay tens of thousands of dollars for such a pet, and should you worry if they move in next door?

“People want to have something different - they want to have the biggest, the baddest, the most exotic,” says Carole Baskin, Founder and CEO, Big Cat Rescue.

Among the cats most in vogue these days is the Savannah, a cross between a wild Serval, a house cat. Savannahs grow about 2 ½ times larger than house cats and have been banned in eight states and require permits in others.

Those looking for the exotic without the size are gravitating to the Toyger, which are about the size of a house cat but with the distinct stripes of a tiger. The Toyger has become so popular they can cost as much as a car.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'd say more like bad humans, Brian...this just pisses me OFF.

I bet they're as gorgeous and majestic as true big cats, but it's upside-down to me.

There are so many cats in need of loving (not "Hey Joneses, look at what I have!") homes, and while it's not my place to tell anyone how to spend their money, it just breaks my heart that those thousands of dollars could've done some true good at shelters, rescues, pet fosters, etc.

Who is breeding these cats? What happened to those who preceded the Savannah, those who didn't make the final cut?

Hope you don't think I'm pissed at you :) But I read this, then went in the other room, chewed on it and fumed a bit.

Then the Beans strolled on over to me. She looks like she could be a fucking Toyger! The shelter where we adopted her said she was a Black Tiger but you know...we really don't care about her breed.

She's just our agile, aloof, hilarious, my-way-or-the-highway sweetheart (unless she's angling for treats; then and only then, the power rests with us).
    hedonist wrote:
    I'd say more like bad humans, Brian...this just pisses me OFF.

I bet they're as gorgeous and majestic as true big cats, but it's upside-down to me.

There are so many cats in need of loving (not "Hey Joneses, look at what I have!") homes, and while it's not my place to tell anyone how to spend their money, it just breaks my heart that those thousands of dollars could've done some true good at shelters, rescues, pet fosters, etc.

Who is breeding these cats? What happened to those who preceded the Savannah, those who didn't make the final cut?

Hope you don't think I'm pissed at you :) But I read this, then went in the other room, chewed on it and fumed a bit.

Then the Beans strolled on over to me. She looks like she could be a fucking Toyger! The shelter where we adopted her said she was a Black Tiger but you know...we really don't care about her breed.

She's just our agile, aloof, hilarious, my-way-or-the-highway sweetheart (unless she's angling for treats; then and only then, the power rests with us).

Totally agree, Hedonist and no, I didn't think you're pissed at me. All my cats and dogs have been adopted. There are SO many domestics that need homes and wild animals should be kept wild. The idea of having a wild "pet" or even a cat or dog cross bred with a wild animal is just wrong to my way of thinking. :x

Shit, my little Annie is enough of a wild thing and she's a domestic runt. Maybe crossed with a bit of devil but that's ok, she's learning who the alpha animals are around here-- or I should say, letting us think we are the alphas. :lol:

Well now...speaking of the devil and Annie, I'm gonna go listen to the Band's The Weight.

I have the feeling I've said that before...if so, apologies (but it fits!). If not, chalk it up to a longass week combined with a lovely bowl of green.

Cheers to you :)
    hedonist wrote:
    Well now...speaking of the devil and Annie, I'm gonna go listen to the Band's The Weight.

I have the feeling I've said that before...if so, apologies (but it fits!). If not, chalk it up to a longass week combined with a lovely bowl of green.

Cheers to you :)

And cheers back. Doing much the same this evening. 8-)

When my cat wouldn't let me sleep the other night I took an unflattering photo of her & put it on instagram with the #catsofinstagram tag. She let me sleep the next day but shes already spread out on the floor yelling at me (it's 3am local time) now. Do you think she can comprehend the idea of photos of her getting floated around the internet?

I dunno, but's she's giving me a dirty look so I'mma go rub her belly.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    duska3419 wrote:
    When my cat wouldn't let me sleep the other night I took an unflattering photo of her & put it on instagram with the #catsofinstagram tag. She let me sleep the next day but shes already spread out on the floor yelling at me (it's 3am local time) now. Do you think she can comprehend the idea of photos of her getting floated around the internet?

I dunno, but's she's giving me a dirty look so I'mma go rub her belly.

My cats have been pretty good with letting me sleep in the past year. My one cat, Willow, used to wake me up between 2-3 am to get fed wet food. Now she wants to get it usually around 11-midnight. Although they still tend to wake me up pretty early (around 6-7) by running around scratching the walls, chasing each other :fp:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Jonas' latest habit is laying on our chests at night...while he is a little heavy...he's so cute, it's hard to make him move... :? :oops:
  • afroannnie wrote:
    Jonas' latest habit is laying on our chests at night...while he is a little heavy...he's so cute, it's hard to make him move... :? :oops:

I would love it if Sam went to lie on our chests... She is a lightweight though :lol: And she really doesn't have any bad habits. She is very vocal, that might be the only thing that would come to my mind. Other than that, she is a goofy sweetheart :) She even posed for the christmas card. With a Santa hat on! :lol:
    afroannnie wrote:

I would love it if Sam went to lie on our chests... She is a lightweight though :lol: And she really doesn't have any bad habits. She is very vocal, that might be the only thing that would come to my mind. Other than that, she is a goofy sweetheart :) She even posed for the christmas card. With a Santa hat on! :lol:

:lol::lol: Yeah..17 pounds right on your boobs can be uncomfortable at times...although it's not too bad once he's laying down..last night he was laying on kw's chest and giving him kisses..adorable! Jonas is very vocal too...both with meowing and purring...the one night I could barely fall asleep because his purr was so loud! :shock:
  • Wow, that sounds awesome :D

Sam's purring seems to have gotten louder the longer she stayed with us. It's quite cute when she gets her little motor running :D
    Mr. Pickles was a big kisser too, she doesn't do it. She throws herself on the floor and demands long belly rubs instead :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Spot bit me
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Spot bit me

Did you bite Spot back? I find that helps teach a valuable lesson.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    When George first joined us, he was maybe just past two months old.

Tiny little fucker would get between Danny and me in bed, lay on his back, throw his arms up (fully belly-exposure - irresistable!), and PURR.

Non-stop.

So resonant it felt like we had a massage-bed.

We'd bitch about it at the time but now, three years later - I'd love to hear/feel that again. We miss it.

Only time you know he's purring now is by feeling his neck.

(and he has well-exceeded the 17-lb. mark :oops: )
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    My cat's entire existence now seems to rest on being in bed with me. It's literally all she ever wants to do anymore. If I'm not snuggling with her in bed, she is freaking out about the fact that I'm not snuggling with her in bed (snuggling somewhere else doesn't seem to interest her nearly as much). Any time I move in any room she starts meowing frantically and tries to lead me into the bedroom and into bed (meowing, moving in that direction while looking back at me, running and heading me off if I go in another direction... She's actually started trying to herd me into bed :lol: ). It's nice that she loves me and everything, but it's actually getting pretty fucking annoying! She's actually making me feel guilty about not spending my life bedridden! :fp: :lol: And then when I do get into bed and snuggle with her, she drools all over the place because she's so happy. :lol: :roll: And as far as I can tell, if she could slice open my torso and crawl right inside like in Star Wars and snuggle there she would. It seems like lying on top of me or against me isn't close enough for her. Okay, now that's cute. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    My cat's entire existence now seems to rest on being in bed with me. It's literally all she ever wants to do anymore. If I'm not snuggling with her in bed, she is freaking out about the fact that I'm not snuggling with her in bed (snuggling somewhere else doesn't seem to interest her nearly as much). Any time I move in any room she starts meowing frantically and tries to lead me into the bedroom and into bed (meowing, moving in that direction while looking back at me, running and heading me off if I go in another direction... She's actually started trying to herd me into bed :lol: ). It's nice that she loves me and everything, but it's actually getting pretty fucking annoying! She's actually making me feel guilty about not spending my life bedridden! :fp: :lol: And then when I do get into bed and snuggle with her, she drools all over the place because she's so happy. :lol: :roll: And as far as I can tell, if she could slice open my torso and crawl right inside like in Star Wars and snuggle there she would. It seems like lying on top of me or against me isn't close enough for her. Okay, now that's cute. :D

If I ever run across a Co-dependent No More For Cats book I'll let you know! :lol: