Bad cat habits!

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    4 a.m. hairball cleanup duty.

:fp:

and i wake up at 5 a.m., so no use in going back to sleep.

:fp: :fp:

oh, and does she have to get it all out in shifts, leaving a hairball here, a puddle of bile there, and then another few drops over there?

:fp: :fp: :fp:

and why can't they do it on the tile or wood that is litteraly 3 inches from the carpet the puked on. :fp:

right! a couple of times I have heard her start yakking so I pick her up and put her on the bathroom floor so it doesn't get on bed or carpet.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    the other thing the cat does is what we call "kitty rodeo". I think lazing around all day and night causes her to have some pent up energy and she just runs like crazy all over the place. we can hear her do this up stairs, back and forth between all the rooms. usually only lasts about a minute, then it's back to nap time

:lol::lol: some are fucking possessed!
    my cat used to do this.. she was evil though, a predator. can't tell you how many dead birds/mice/rabbits we found in and around the house when she was alive. she was like a serial killer :lol:
    mine likes to drink the water in the bottom of the shower. This morning, I got done in the bathroom, she was waiting outside the door and went in right after me - "that's right kitty, go lick up after me"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mine likes to drink the water in the bottom of the shower. This morning, I got done in the bathroom, she was waiting outside the door and went in right after me - "that's right kitty, go lick up after me"

wow :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    4 a.m. hairball cleanup duty.

and i wake up at 5 a.m., so no use in going back to sleep.

:fp: :fp:

oh, and does she have to get it all out in shifts, leaving a hairball here, a puddle of bile there, and then another few drops over there?

:fp: :fp: :fp:

and why can't they do it on the tile or wood that is litteraly 3 inches from the carpet the puked on. :fp:

Yep, never fails. Hairball or puke pile right next to the kitchen floor....on the carpet. Goddamn cat! I would almost enjoy cleaning up a pile of her puke on the tile. Nooooooo....now I have to use carpet cleaner that makes her puke spot actually cleaner than the surrounding carpet.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

wow :lol::lol:

both of mine do that

one is constantly hocking up hairballs. kinda annoying especially if she does it on my clothes (laundry basket) or on the bed :x
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    What is up with the TP shredding? :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    RKCNDY wrote:
    What is up with the TP shredding? :evil:

Kitty treadmill!

:lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

found a hairball in the office.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    it seems our little one has taken up the habit of licking the kitchen curtains... :?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    i have not beenn woken up by the 5am meow since his hour in solitary confinement.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i have not beenn woken up by the 5am meow since his hour in solitary confinement.

better watch out...he's probably planning his revenge...like peeing in your shoes, or should I say mandals.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

better watch out...he's probably planning his revenge...like peeing in your shoes, or should I say mandals.

he pee's in my shoes...he's looking for a new home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    the scoot.

Love-Skoot-Web.jpg
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind wrote:
    the scoot.

Love-Skoot-Web.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    brianlux wrote:

Sounds like you have the original Devil Kitty-Krazy Kat-Wild Thing all wrapped into one on your hands, STAYSEA! :shock:

I just realized that Confucius is almost completely blind. So, now he gets scared when new people come over, or the other cat tries to wrestle with him. I've noticed he has trouble telling the difference between his food and non-edible things that are in bowls near. I think his smell is gone too. Poor little lion man. :cry:

He's not bad, he's just insecure . I'm a bad owner, I should have paid more attention. Shame on me
    My friend Anna's brother has 3 cats. The one cat chews off the whiskers of the other cat. :? :wtf:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I just realized that Confucius is almost completely blind. So, now he gets scared when new people come over, or the other cat tries to wrestle with him. I've noticed he has trouble telling the difference between his food and non-edible things that are in bowls near. I think his smell is gone too. Poor little lion man. :cry:

He's not bad, he's just insecure . I'm a bad owner, I should have paid more attention. Shame on me
    Aww. Sounds like you love him and are now paying attention. People (like cats!) aren't perfect.

This morning, George was strolling along and passed by a pair of shoes.

SHOES. Sees them every damn day.

Did the stop-short-freeze combined with a partial vertical jump, and finished with a huge puffy tail that remained that way for a good minute.

(I gave him 6.5 overall)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    This one's not so much a bad cat habit as it is a really dumb move by someone with both a cat and a record player.

I was listening to this beautiful new (to me) used copy of Ornette Coleman's LP, "The Shape of Jazz to Come". As usual, when listening to a record (especially a new one), I'm sitting on the couch, eyes closed, taking in the sounds. Toward the end "Congeniality" (side two cut two) Coleman's alto and Don Cherry's pocket trumpet take on a strange, warped sound. This is weird, I'm thinking- in 1959, Ornette Coleman just wasn't using weird studio effects and I don't see how they could possibly modulate the sound like that naturally. Tapes can drag like this but this is a record, not a tape.

So I open my eyes and there's Annie, holding her paw against the edge of the vinyl and modulating the speed with it. I gently pick up the cat, shut down the turntable and inspect the record. Not a single scratch.

Good kitty!

Dumb record player owner! :lol:

Note to self: Close the lid when playing vinyl!

(Yeah 81, I know... close that other lid too. :lol: )
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    brianlux wrote:
    This one's not so much a bad cat habit as it is a really dumb move by someone with both a cat and a record player.

I was listening to this beautiful new (to me) used copy of Ornette Coleman's LP, "The Shape of Jazz to Come". As usual, when listening to a record (especially a new one), I'm sitting on the couch, eyes closed, taking in the sounds. Toward the end "Congeniality" (side two cut two) Coleman's alto and Don Cherry's pocket trumpet take on a strange, warped sound. This is weird, I'm thinking- in 1959, Ornette Coleman just wasn't using weird studio effects and I don't see how they could possibly modulate the sound like that naturally. Tapes can drag like this but this is a record, not a tape.

So I open my eyes and there's Annie, holding her paw against the edge of the vinyl and modulating the speed with it. I gently pick up the cat, shut down the turntable and inspect the record. Not a single scratch.

Good kitty!

Dumb record player owner! :lol:

Note to self: Close the lid when playing vinyl!

(Yeah 81, I know... close that other lid too. :lol: )
    LMAO!! Tommy used to sit and watch the records, just stare at them.. He'd roll his head around and around and around. Never once laid a paw on the wax though!! God I miss that cat!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    81 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    the scoot.

Love-Skoot-Web.jpg

:lol: one of my cats used to do that when i first got her. Hasn't done it in awhile, thank god (knock on wood).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    81 wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    the scoot.

Love-Skoot-Web.jpg

:lol: one of my cats used to do that when i first got her. Hasn't done it in awhile, thank god (knock on wood).
    Well if you're feeding her good food and plenty of water.. You should'nt run into this too often! Sounds like you're doing things right!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    She's. Doing. It. AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She jumped on my keyboard before I could click 'submit'

sometimes I wonder if she's the real life equivalent of the dolphins from thhgttg and there's a species of bureaucratic aliens about to construct a bypass that will obliterate the earth.

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    Check out this b-a-a-a-a-d kitty! :lol:

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/did-cat-fish ... 52395.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    brianlux wrote:

That's awesome! so much fluff in that fish bowel.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    Jonas' newest obsession: trying to eat corn husks :fp:
    Eddie is relentless in going after my glasses of water! It is a never ending struggle. I now have to use glasses with lids! :lol:

If he wasn't so cute... ;)
    2015 Central Park

jlaustin wrote:
    Eddie is relentless in going after my glasses of water! It is a never ending struggle. I now have to use glasses with lids! :lol:

when we had a headboard with shelves, Mr. RK would keep a glass of water on it in case either of us got thirsty in the night, Grumpy would jump up in the middle of the night and stick his paw in it to drink...like this:

246px-Project-52,-52.1.jpg

well, sometimes, he wouldn't pull his paw out all the way and knocked the glass over...all over Mr. RK's head. :lol::lol::lol: (I'm gonna miss that the most about Grumpy)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    jlaustin wrote:

when we had a headboard with shelves, Mr. RK would keep a glass of water on it in case either of us got thirsty in the night, Grumpy would jump up in the middle of the night and stick his paw in it to drink...like this:

246px-Project-52,-52.1.jpg

well, sometimes, he wouldn't pull his paw out all the way and knocked the glass over...all over Mr. RK's head. :lol::lol::lol: (I'm gonna miss that the most about Grumpy)

Alarm clock and shower all in one! :lol:
    2015 Central Park

When I got up this morning...and went to the bathroom, it seems someone unraveled the entire roll of toilet paper off the roll... :fp: :roll: