Bad cat habits!

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    STAYSEA wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Sometimes if the meowing doesn't work, Jonas will resort to licking us.... :? :shock:
    Face, back, ears...any part of the body that's exposed and not under the covers is at risk... :?

Lucky You! Jonas doesn't bite. I'm having a bad cat day. :cry:

Yeah..he's just a licker, not a biter...and it's not as bad as it use to be...when i lived in my apartment, he did it almost every morning and wouldn't stop. I'm sure there were plenty of mornings that my neighbors could hear me yelling "Stop licking me!" through the paper thin walls. :lol: :shock:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    afroannnie wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Sometimes if the meowing doesn't work, Jonas will resort to licking us.... :? :shock:
    Face, back, ears...any part of the body that's exposed and not under the covers is at risk... :?

Lucky You! Jonas doesn't bite. I'm having a bad cat day. :cry:

Yeah..he's just a licker, not a biter...and it's not as bad as it use to be...when i lived in my apartment, he did it almost every morning and wouldn't stop. I'm sure there were plenty of mornings that my neighbors could hear me yelling "Stop licking me!" through the paper thin walls. :lol: :shock:

I'm about to shoot my kitty with a water gun. I have never done this to him.. He is being very bad today, and he is 14 yrs old, so he knows better.

I either squirt him with water, or give him a Valium. He needs to calm down.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I know the 5am wailing all too well. Mine will meow at that time so it sounds like she's dying. I ignore her, she jumps on the bed and meows more. I still ignore her she tries climbing on top of me. I still ignore her she starts biting my toes. I've let this go on for as long as 2 hours sometimes, in an effort to not positively reinforce this behavior by giving her what she wants (which is of course, food.) It didn't help :lol: thing is she doesn't do it ever night. Sometimes she'll do it every night for a week, sometimes one night in many weeks. It's totally sporadic. If it were every night I'd buy one of those spray bottle things.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Go to pound....trade cat for dog....all problems solved. :mrgreen:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:

:nono: :evil:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    callen wrote:

I have 2 cats and 2 dogs...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    cat wakes me up in the middle of the night by walking around on the bed and on me and on my bladder.

so during the day, when I find her curled up under the bedspread sleeping, I wake her up :mrgreen:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    cat wakes me up in the middle of the night by walking around on the bed and on me and on my bladder.

so during the day, when I find her curled up under the bedspread sleeping, I wake her up :mrgreen:

i do that too :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

everytime I see her sleeping, I just give her a nudge or two to waker her up. she sleeps 23.9 hours a day, rest of the time she is waking me up in the middle of the night.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

everytime I see her sleeping, I just give her a nudge or two to waker her up. she sleeps 23.9 hours a day, rest of the time she is waking me up in the middle of the night.

anouther tried and true favorite is when he laying on the foot of the recliner.....and you quickly unrecline it....plop :lol: take that fucker.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    had a cat on an air mattress one time... thing was a little deflated

went to scare the shit out of it... jumped on the air mattress... ooops there goes the cat through the air :lol:
    :lol:

well, our cat must have went through a lot when she was young, she is 13 years old now and she is very hesitant about letting anyone near her, will run away when you come close and if she does come up on the sofa she will jump off if you make any type of movement at all.
    I don't think cats like fire
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Mr. Thompson sits at my windowsill in the morning too and meows, little bastard. :x He sounds like he's yelling 'Helloooo, Hellooo! ' then I go off my nut and feed him his stinky disgusting food.
    That in itself pisses me right off because he won't get his stupid head out the way for me to get the food out. :roll: he ends up with half of it on his head.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I don't think cats like fire
    mine tried to sniff fire when she was a kitten. singed her whiskers!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    we had a cat when i was a kid, if you walked around the house barefoot, your feet and toes got attacked :x
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Our new kitten just came running down the stairs with one end of toilet paper in his mouth - thought the whole roll was a goner, but it got snagged going around the corner! Wish I had video!

:lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    81 wrote:
    started the anti 5am meow training today.

5am rolls around...meow meow meow...

off to the downstairs bathroom you go....closed door...back to bed. :lol:

he'll learn.
    Get a spray bottle, fill it with wAter.. Leave it on your night stand.. 5am meows start. Squirt him/her! It'll shut up. God I miss my kitty.. I dreamed when I got to my hotel in Chicago, I opened the door, and there was Tommy The Cat. But when I went to pick him up, he was dead. I woke up mortified.. Still a little disturbed..I will just have to go my ASPCA friends here, and find another kitteh...
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    81 wrote:
    started the anti 5am meow training today.

5am rolls around...meow meow meow...

off to the downstairs bathroom you go....closed door...back to bed. :lol:

he'll learn.
    Get a spray bottle, fill it with wAter.. Leave it on your night stand.. 5am meows start. Squirt him/her! It'll shut up. God I miss my kitty.. I dreamed when I got to my hotel in Chicago, I opened the door, and there was Tommy The Cat. But when I went to pick him up, he was dead. I woke up mortified.. Still a little disturbed..I will just have to go my ASPCA friends here, and find another kitteh...
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that. :( my cat is a complete wanker but I love him and would never wish him harm. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    When my cat was a kitten, early in the morning she'd get a running start from the other room....come running in my bedroom full steam, jump up on the bed, on my chest....would scare the shit outta me and she'd run off but not before digging her back claws in. Talk about not fun! :lol:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mca47 wrote:
    When my cat was a kitten, early in the morning she'd get a running start from the other room....come running in my bedroom full steam, jump up on the bed, on my chest....would scare the shit outta me and she'd run off but not before digging her back claws in. Talk about not fun! :lol:
    Aww! George still does that running BOOM and puffs up his tail in the process.

I love how cats are really just bigass kittens who realize they can't get away with silly, undignified behavior anymore (and know that we'll laugh and point when they attempt it). They usually counter this with a lazy yawn or indifferent lick of the paw.

Shameful, really.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

hahaha me too. Bad habit of 4 am wakeup SCREAMS.. walking on alarm, playing with pictures on wall We lock them out of the house now.... If i close my door, he will scratch and try to open the door with the doorknob for 2 hours
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    Oh look at this nice little hand-woven rug Brian and Celia brought back from Amish country some years ago! How long do think it will take for me to destroy it? :twisted:

ab785e3a-966e-43ef-958b-d6a517a3c2a9_zps8b549984.jpg
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Confucious bit the crap out of me yesterday. Today he scratched me. I'm still bloody.

I am so mad! He is hiding downstairs under the dining room table. He has gone nuts!

Valium is my only option. :cry:

He has lost his kitty mind. :cry:

14 years together... I know my cat. He is crazy. The vets have found nothing psychically wrong.
    he is just old and crazy. ...

AHHH! he is purring and squeaking at me. :nono: FRUCK you Confucious!

He really frucked me up today. I'm lucky if it heals. :(

anyone want a kitty? ;)
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Confucious bit the crap out of me yesterday. Today he scratched me. I'm still bloody.

I am so mad! He is hiding downstairs under the dining room table. He has gone nuts!

14 years together... I know my cat. He is crazy. The vets have found nothing psychically wrong.

anyone want a kitty? ;)

I'm going to kill him, I just caught him eating the box turtle's fake plants. :fp: He is allergic to plastic. The last vet bill was 200$. My female turtle just hissed at him. WTF, am I going to do?

Valium after his breakfast. I have no choice. :cry:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    STAYSEA wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

anyone want a kitty? ;)

I'm going to kill him, I just caught him eating the box turtle's fake plants. :fp: He is allergic to plastic. The last vet bill was 200$. My female turtle just hissed at him. WTF, am I going to do?

Valium after his breakfast. I have no choice. :cry:

Sounds like you have the original Devil Kitty-Krazy Kat-Wild Thing all wrapped into one on your hands, STAYSEA! :shock:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

the other thing the cat does is what we call "kitty rodeo". I think lazing around all day and night causes her to have some pent up energy and she just runs like crazy all over the place. we can hear her do this up stairs, back and forth between all the rooms. usually only lasts about a minute, then it's back to nap time
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    the other thing the cat does is what we call "kitty rodeo". I think lazing around all day and night causes her to have some pent up energy and she just runs like crazy all over the place. we can hear her do this up stairs, back and forth between all the rooms. usually only lasts about a minute, then it's back to nap time

:lol::lol: some are fucking possessed!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    4 a.m. hairball cleanup duty.

:fp:

and i wake up at 5 a.m., so no use in going back to sleep.

:fp: :fp:

oh, and does she have to get it all out in shifts, leaving a hairball here, a puddle of bile there, and then another few drops over there?

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind wrote:
    4 a.m. hairball cleanup duty.

:fp:

and i wake up at 5 a.m., so no use in going back to sleep.

:fp: :fp:

oh, and does she have to get it all out in shifts, leaving a hairball here, a puddle of bile there, and then another few drops over there?

:fp: :fp: :fp:

and why can't they do it on the tile or wood that is litteraly 3 inches from the carpet the puked on. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg