Options

“MIND YOUR MANNERS” - New Single

Comments

• Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    edited July 2013
    [/quote]
    kinda..i find this song very very intresting..

even its very short,has alot of different things in..drums are the best part by far
    little solo is awesome,loved it..i try to remember which Sex Pistols-Dead Kennedys song comes in mind
    first feeling was like i was listening a faster version of California Über Alles style song...
    school punk rock style..again drums are fuckin epic
    some will think this is Spin the black circle style
    Eddie..screaming alot..now,i try to figure the back vocals..must be Stone..

really intresting..i think we gonna say alot about it
    i personaly love it[/quote]

Thanks man. Can't wait. Although ... I'm not looking forward to all the whiners who are gonna rip it apart ... only to love it later. :)
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    kinda..i find this song very very intresting..

even its very short,has alot of different things in..drums are the best part by far
    little solo is awesome,loved it..i try to remember which Sex Pistols-Dead Kennedys song comes in mind
    first feeling was like i was listening a faster version of California Über Alles style song...
    school punk rock style..again drums are fuckin epic
    some will think this is Spin the black circle style
    Eddie..screaming alot..now,i try to figure the back vocals..must be Stone..

really intresting..i think we gonna say alot about it
    i personaly love it

Oh man, I can't fucking wait. nice. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Album title:

Lightning Bolt

This for real?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    oh..forget to add...before the chorus..the way from fast part is changing to slower for get into the chorus....you get this epic sound RVM has before the last Jam..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The Great CornholioThe Great Cornholio Posts: 157
    edited July 2013
    ok the shakes are kicking in. i need my fix ..... can't wait much longer .... it's the hottest day of the year here and i'm sweltering in my bedroom waiting for the hit and i wouldn't have it any other way !!

i was disappointed with 'ole' so i hope MYM is totally revitalising .
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    oh..forget to add...before the chorus..the way from fast part is changing to slower for get into the chorus....you get this epic sound RVM has before the last Jam..

fucking exciting! how bout lyrically?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    The question that is on everyones mind...

... is it better than The Fixer?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Could it be worse? :shock:

The Fixer was the worst PJ single ever.
    A shitty pop tune.
    MYM seems to be pure rock, so this race should not even be close.
  • Options

1.058.954.028. times better imo

we are talking about rough fast punk song..its really a song for Fuckin mosh pit..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Could it be worse? :shock:

The Fixer was the worst PJ single ever.
    A shitty pop tune.
    MYM seems to be pure rock, so this race should not even be close.
    Worst single you say?

6244262926_180e0e83b2.jpg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

we are talking about rough fast punk song..its really a song for Fuckin mosh pit..
    Eddied voice on it. Rough sounding, or flowing like in their 90s punkrock songs?

Will be fun to hear it. I think I will really like it. Even though punk-Pearl Jam is the least liked Pearl JAm.
  • Options
    William WallaceWilliam Wallace Posts: 553
    edited July 2013
    Ole is not a song - it's noise.
    Nasty noise.
    Post edited by William Wallace on
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Have not heard the song yet, but I hope PJ remembers they are a much better rock band than punk band.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

we are talking about rough fast punk song..its really a song for Fuckin mosh pit..[/quote][/quote]

And a melodic chorus?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    bchagnonbchagnon Posts: 164
    I'm hoping to hear the new single in a couple hours... However, I'm also hoping they release the album details. Name, tracklisting, artwork, release date, etc...

I haven't been this excited since September of 2009.

:shock:

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
    Consider me a satellite forever orbiting.
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me.
    Guaranteed."
  • Options
    [

And a melodic chorus?
    yes,you can say that,but change fast with the guitar riffs..is really like running the song..like some chamges Stbc has...

and again..i love the drums..remind me that bullshit some said that Matt cant play with PJ the way he plays with SG..yeah right,,,the guy is a Beast..
  • Options
    Just heard my local radio station DJ announce ... "We just got word ... we will debuting new Pearl Jam at noon."

Always gives me the chills.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009

and again..i love the drums..remind me that bullshit some said that Matt cant play with PJ the way he plays with SG..yeah right,,,the guy is a Beast..
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    [

And a melodic chorus?
    yes,you can say that,but change fast with the guitar riffs..is really like running the song..like some chamges Stbc has...

Matt could play the way he does with Soundgarden, just does not seem like he does sometimes.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    [

And a melodic chorus?

Matt could play the way he does with Soundgarden, just does not seem like he does sometimes.

I don't think the songs Pearl Jam have been writing lead to Matt being able to bash in the same way. Thats my thought anyway. Nothing to do with Matt's skill...all to do with the song he's attaching the drums to.
  • Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    What a lot of people don't realize is that Matt is so versatile with his drumming that it really opens up a ton of options for pearl jam, with regards to song writing. He can play some pretty crazy time signatures and really changed the dynamic of the band in a great way. It gets boring if all the songs are in a 4/4 time signature. Not to mention that he is probably one of the most technically sound drummers out there. Sometimes i feel like his ability goes unnoticed because he does make it look easy.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542
    bchagnon wrote:
    I'm hoping to hear the new single in a couple hours... However, I'm also hoping they release the album details. Name, tracklisting, artwork, release date, etc...

I haven't been this excited since September of 2009.

:shock:

Couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    What a lot of people don't realize is that Matt is so versatile with his drumming that it really opens up a ton of options for pearl jam, with regards to song writing. He can play some pretty crazy time signatures and really changed the dynamic of the band in a great way. It gets boring if all the songs are in a 4/4 time signature. Not to mention that he is probably one of the most technically sound drummers out there. Sometimes i feel like his ability goes unnoticed because he does make it look easy.

bang on
  • Options
    Just heard my local radio station DJ announce ... "We just got word ... we will debuting new Pearl Jam at noon."

Always gives me the chills.
    which radio u tune in?
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

shit....feels so great talking about music here..

till the merch freaks comes after release,with how many colors are the single in vinyl ,and will be a boxset etc and fucked up music talk.. :lol:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just heard it. Awful quality but good enough to get the jist of it.

Heavier than I was expecting. 2:30 minutes of speed with some melody and a small guitar solo in the middle.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Heavier than I was expecting. 2:30 minutes of speed with some melody and a small guitar solo in the middle.
    what do u think?>find it fresh?new sound?

felt that way
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

This one will cause a mini pit to open up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Heavier than I was expecting..
    i think alot will suprised with that..its true..want do Headbanging !!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

what do u think?>find it fresh?new sound?

felt that way
    Def need to hear a better quality source. Fresh/New sound, not really, but for this band it sounded promising.

Has me excited for the new album.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.