Options

“MIND YOUR MANNERS” - New Single

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Looking forward to it... Finally. Also I guess we will be hearing it live in London and or wrigley :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I cannot WAIT to hear 'Bitch on Fire' at Wrigley. :lol:

Imagine the rambling drunken preface Ed would give to a song called 'Bitch on Fire.'

"Yea, um, uuuuuuh....Huh? (listens to crowd yet hears nothing decipherable then continues on with speech) Back a few years ago, we, uh saw a woman on fire and we just kept thinking, "Who is she, why is she on fire, and where is she going while on fire?" It was just one of those times when you realize how fucking precious someone is and how horrifyingly horrific fire can be to us......as uh, humans and individuals on this planet.

So we kept trying to write and Matt, or Jeff or Stone or Mike or Boom would mention, "Remember that woman we saw on fire?" Yea yea, I remember it, let's get back to this song. And then finally....finally there just comes a point in your life when you need to move over and just let your instincts and mind be your guide, so uuuuuuuuuuuuh (pull off wine bottle), we decided to write a song about it and Stone's going to start us off. It's called "Bitch on Fire."
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    evenflow82 wrote:

Imagine the rambling drunken preface Ed would give to a song called 'Bitch on Fire.'

"Yea, um, uuuuuuh....Huh? (listens to crowd yet hears nothing decipherable then continues on with speech) Back a few years ago, we, uh saw a woman on fire and we just kept thinking, "Who is she, why is she on fire, and where is she going while on fire?" It was just one of those times when you realize how fucking precious someone is and how horrifyingly horrific fire can be to us......as uh, humans and individuals on this planet.

So we kept trying to write and Matt, or Jeff or Stone or Mike or Boom would mention, "Remember that woman we saw on fire?" Yea yea, I remember it, let's get back to this song. And then finally....finally there just comes a point in your life when you need to move over and just let your instincts and mind be your guide, so uuuuuuuuuuuuh (pull off wine bottle), we decided to write a song about it and Stone's going to start us off. It's called "Bitch on Fire."

:lol: The worst that I red it with Ed's voice in my mind
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Berasapj wrote:
    evenflow82 wrote:

Me to. I absolutely read that with Ed's voice in saying it in my head, especially the "uh" bits. 8-):lol::lol:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Berasapj wrote:
    evenflow82 wrote:

Me too! I could actually hear him saying it! :lol::lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Berasapj wrote:
    evenflow82 wrote:

Me too! I could actually hear him saying it! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: that was a good chuckle
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    BinFrog wrote:
    Lyrics:

Mind your manners, yeah yeah yeah
    Mind your manners, yeah yeah yeah
    If something's rude, I'm gonna put a little manner on it
    If shipping's cheap, I'm gonna put a little raise on it
    If there's no tour, I'm gonna put it off for a little bit
    Yeah yeah yeah
    I'm not as angry any more: Mind your manners
    I'm not as raging anymore: Mind your manners
    I'm not as cynical no more: Mind your manners
    Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah

Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah
    If something's not selling, I'm gonna put a little Target on it
    If merch won't move, I'm gonna make another version of it
    If there's a dog, I'm gonna make a PJ Collar for it
    I'm not as angry any more: Mind your manners
    I'm not as raging anymore: Mind your manners
    I'm not as cynical no more: Mind your manners
    Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah
    Yeah yeah yeah

That's some funny shit there. :lol:
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    FILmX4G.jpg

Killer! :lol:
  • Options
    I think the song's above in the aforementioned post is
    incredibly funny. It took some time to come up with those.
    As I read them I came up with a few of my own. I love the
    Coalmine Fucker. And I absolutely love Dimi's flip side."Why
    Now U Don't Bitching"
    Can't wait to hear the real song.I love the humor.
    We girl's in our own private forum had already started
    our own collage of phrase's from "Mind Your Manners"
    Oh,the fun we're gonna have with the rest. THANK YOU! :D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    BinFrog wrote:
    FILmX4G.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Brilliant!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Snakeduck wrote:
    This verse alone is 100% solid gold...

If something's not selling, I'm gonna put a little Target on it
    If merch won't move, I'm gonna make another version of it
    If there's a dog, I'm gonna make a PJ Collar for it

Agreed! :lol:
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    evenflow82 wrote:

:lol:
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    someone posted on grungereport that the new album title is "ghost riders". he also included the track titles and that it will be released on july 16th.

What are you people talking ? Ive been listening to the new Pearl Jam album which they have already titled: Ghost Riders , for months now. I work at Bad Animal studios up here in Seattle, Washington and the new Pearl Jam demo cd was released last April. The band worked really hard this time to come up with more punker, harder rocking grunge music you have come to expect from the pioneers in the Seattle sound for years now.

Heres the official details

Pearl Jam
    Ghost Riders
    Epic Records
    Bad Animals Studios
    Producer: Brendan Brien

14 Tracks:
    1. Ghost Riders
    2. Jigsaw Command
    3. Mind Your Manners
    4. The Apple’s Core
    5. Toy Guns
    6. Kernal Of Truth
    7. New World Order
    8. Happy Unborn
    9. War Path
    10. Bitch On Fire
    11. Coalmine Fucker
    12. Justice?

The CD will be released on July 16,2013
    The limited edition vinyl release will be June 18, 2013
    Stay tuned for more information. Enjoy

Tracks 13 and 14 are bonus tracks :
    Bring It On Down
    Moon Hoax

Another fake info i guess...

That dude is reusing some of the fake song titles he had on his Soundgarden- Sonic Heaven tracklist.
  • Options
    Those fake lyrics are fucking hilarious, and I actually like The Fixer.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Berasapj wrote:
    evenflow82 wrote:

Agreed! That was great. :lol:
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Rich Russo tweeted that he will premiere a new single by one of his favorite artists on Sunday.

His taste is very diverse but I'd say Bruce and Pearl Jam are by far his favorite acts.

I asked for a hint and his hint was that the lead singers name begins with one of the last five letters of the alphabet. V W X Y Z....

Trying to figure out who else this could possibly be so I don't get my hopes up. Anyone else?

@djrichrusso
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    Rich Russo tweeted that he will premiere a new single by one of his favorite artists on Sunday.

His taste is very diverse but I'd say Bruce and Pearl Jam are by far his favorite acts.

I asked for a hint and his hint was that the lead singers name begins with one of the last five letters of the alphabet. V W X Y Z....

Trying to figure out who else this could possibly be so I don't get my hopes up. Anyone else?

@djrichrusso

Vince Neil?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    I think I got something ...

I'm gonna take a wild guess. A crazy guess and say that "Mine Your Manners" is an Ed song off the new Ed solo album. The one he did with Glen Hansard.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=202100 .. http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/music/ ... en-hansard

Which only explains why they posted the track under Republic Records.

There is no Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder listed over @ http://www.republicrecords.com/artists/#P

Though over @ https://www.facebook.com/RepublicRecordsOfficial/info + http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Vedder … , Eddie Vedder is listed under Republic Records. Pearl Jam's record label is Monkey Wrench Records.

Ed solo works are distributed by Republic Records, a division of Universal Music Group, but Pearl Jam is distributed by Monkey Wrench Records. Distributed internationally by Universal Music Group.
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    evenflow82 wrote:

I'm listening to a boot while reading this and Ed is ironically doing an interlude. My mind almost exploded as they started to intermingle!!!

Good stuff!!
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    demetrios wrote:

I'm gonna take a wild guess. A crazy guess and say that "Mine Your Manners" is an Ed song off the new Ed solo album. The one he did with Glen Hansard.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=202100 .. http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/music/ ... en-hansard

There is no Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder listed over @ http://www.republicrecords.com/artists/#P

Though over @ https://www.facebook.com/RepublicRecordsOfficial/info + http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Vedder … , Eddie Vedder is listed under Republic Records. Pearl Jam's record label is Monkey Wrench Records.

Ed solo works are distributed by Republic Records, a division of Universal Music Group, but Pearl Jam is distributed by Monkey Wrench Records. Distributed internationally by Universal Music Group.

i think i may be buying this theory
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    demetrios wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=202100 .. http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/music/ ... en-hansard

Do believe you are right......
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680

@djrichrusso

Hey that is pretty exciting. Who else could it be? Where would one hear rich russo's show?
  • Options
    verceman wrote:

@djrichrusso

Hey that is pretty exciting. Who else could it be? Where would one hear rich russo's show?

http://richrusso.net/

I looked at this list and couldn't figure out who else. He replied and said it could be two people. Vedder and ??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lead_vocalists
  • Options
    verceman wrote:

@djrichrusso

I looked at this list and couldn't figure out who else. He replied and said it could be two people. Vedder and ??

Maybe it's Kayne West - Talk a Good Game .. June 14th :P
  • Options
    verceman wrote:

@djrichrusso

Weiland?
  • Options
    Weiland?[/quote]

Could be but I don't think he's a fan
  • Options
    Another guess is .. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=207928 + https://vine.co/v/b2Px66xx6Tl .

Is that maybe Mind Your Manners?
  • Options
    grjammer wrote:

@djrichrusso

Vince Neil?

Was just thinking... This guy has had this music "in his hands" for at least 2 days now. With all due respect, if it is Pearl Jam he can't be THE only DJ who gets to play it Sunday. What are the odds that a promo disc of Pearl Jam is in the world and hasn't been leaked yet.

It's been a while since I worked in radio, but usually big releases like that would be delivered to DJs "day of" a premiere.
  • Options
    rustyrrustyr Posts: 138
    demetrios wrote:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=202100 .. http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/music/ ... en-hansard

Do believe you are right......

What if Monkeywrench is now going to be distributed through Republic?
    9/4/00, 7/1/03, 7/12/03, 5/30/06, 8/5/07, 10/28/09, 5/13/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13
  • Options

@djrichrusso

So what was the new single last night?