Options

Youth sports

13»

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Yeah three of my kids were refs and they could have made a killing but they were all done with it. 

I like to think that I would just start tossing people but that can get out of hand real quick. I honestly don't know how I would react to people screaming at me all the time. 
    You'd have been the TV Teddy of youth sports! 🤣
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    Yeah three of my kids were refs and they could have made a killing but they were all done with it. 

I like to think that I would just start tossing people but that can get out of hand real quick. I honestly don't know how I would react to people screaming at me all the time. 
    Yeah I wouldn't want my teenager to toss Cleetus (who has no memories or worth beyond his own high school career, aside from perhaps sweating on his poor wife to create the kids he is there rooting on) and then have to deal with Cleetus after the game.

People are fd right now.
    Yeah and the poor side refs at soccer have to stand right in front of the idiots. My son used to do whatever he could to take the coach's side...but that wasn't always safe either.

I've found that hockey and soccer parents are similar in that both can call offside from the opposite side of the field/rink
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana