"Take math, take science, demography is a good choice"

:corn:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I've been skydiving.

Neat. I've always wanted to jump out of a plane

maybe fly in a jet, my dad says that it's a good time :lol:
    Do it. The hour leading up to actually leaving the plane was stressful and terrifying... you get all worked up and nervous and start thinking about broken straps and chutes that don't open properly. And during the plane ride up I was close to shitting my pants in horrified anticipation... and the part where you stick your feet out the door and look down is bad, and the very second when you leave the plane and lose where up and down is for a second is like sheer terror... but once you've straightened out and are just free falling it gets good. Tie your shoes up well - it feels like they're going to come off when free falling and that's distracting. It doesn't feel like you're falling at all - just like you're suspended in a wind tunnel. Then another brief moment of terror when the chute starts to open and you're not sure that it's worked yet. And then, pure joy that you're alive and floating far above the Earth - complete silence (you might want to tell your partner to keep quite for this part of the ride before you jump - mine tried to act as tourist guide, and I just wanted to take it all in in silence. I did not care that the town of Chilliwack was to the East of us :fp: ). And the landing is nice and light (basically). It was amazing (not sure I would do it again though - once may have been enough). Also, if you go drinking after, it's the best drunk you'll ever have! :lol:
    Awesome! I wanna go!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    dankind wrote:

"If I had known then what I know now...."

:lol:

Luckily I have a good advisor

And I did better in math on my SAT.

:fp: :fp: :fp:

Seriously, I'm telling my kids to consider becoming mechanics or building contractors. No student loan debt, you make fuckloads of money, and if you play your cards right, you get to be your own boss.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    dankind wrote:
    dankind wrote:

"If I had known then what I know now...."

:lol:

Luckily I have a good advisor

And I did better in math on my SAT.

:fp: :fp: :fp:

Seriously, I'm telling my kids to consider becoming mechanics or building contractors. No student loan debt, you make fuckloads of money, and if you play your cards right, you get to be your own boss.

Yep, those folks can make some bankage

Not for me
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    dankind wrote:

Yep, those folks can make some bankage

Not for me

My pop was a mechanic. When I'd ask him for a dollar to go to the cornerstore, he would reach into his sock, pull out a huge roll of bills, go through about 15 hundreds, 15 twenties, a few tens, a few fives before he'd find that single dollar (maybe there were two) to give me.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i love peanuts & other salted mixed nuts. sometimes i buy bricks of chocolate (you know the kind in the baking section) & a jar or two of peanuts & i melt the chocolate bricks & pour the peanuts into the melted chocolate, stir, then dump onto wax paper on a cookie sheet and spread out.

place in freezer until hard. break apart & fill a old cookie tin.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    i love peanuts & other salted mixed nuts. sometimes i buy bricks of chocolate (you know the kind in the baking section) & a jar or two of peanuts & i melt the chocolate bricks & pour the peanuts into the melted chocolate, stir, then dump onto wax paper on a cookie sheet and spread out.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
    just done this stunt 40 minutes ago. (i thought i was fat & dieting & swimming?) hard to pass up a good hand fulla nuts

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://youtu.be/1pSyYhRYeIM
    quite often I play these & quite often I play them (and others) at the same time
    http://youtu.be/Yg3W11G4In0

rain kicks ass

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I've been skydiving.
    That is soooo cool!

My dad was 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) and he spends his time now on the board for Southern Wisconsin All Airborne Chapter. One of their big fundraisers for Wounded Warriors is a tandem jump. My dad and my daughter jumped last summer. My son and daughter are going to jump this summer.

I chickened out.

Maybe this summer...
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    jbarbian wrote:
    I can't eat any chicken with bones in it. Has to be taken off the bones before it is put on my plate (usually my husband's job). I won't sit by anyone eating chicken wings either. They pile those chicken bones on their side plate... ewwww freaky gross

Come on now... the marrow is the best part
    Some day someone is gonna get a chicken bone stuck in their throat!!!
    chadwick wrote:

Sounds delicious!
    jbarbian wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:
    I can't eat any chicken with bones in it. Has to be taken off the bones before it is put on my plate (usually my husband's job). I won't sit by anyone eating chicken wings either. They pile those chicken bones on their side plate... ewwww freaky gross

Come on now... the marrow is the best part
    Some day someone is gonna get a chicken bone stuck in their throat!!!

tongue0019.gif
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    jbarbian wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    I can hold my hands behind my back and then bring them over my head, still holding my hands, to the front of my body. ;)
    I can also bend the very first join in my fingers down while keeping the rest of my finger completely straight.
    I get completely creeped out by any freaky body trick and double- jointed stuff!
    :lol::lol: that's why no ones knows, well they do now.... :?
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I can imitate dog and horse sounds perfectly!! I like to
    Do this to them (dogs and horses) it messes with them!!!
    Lol
    my cat try's to talk to squierrlrlllls. (spell check)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lol
    that's pretty slick of you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Lol
    I can actually get horses to answer back!! On a good night, I can get Coyotes to howl.
    It's fun. Once at a Fair... I won one hundred dollars imitating a horse, and all the horses
    answered back!!
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    chadwick wrote:
    Lol
    I can actually get horses to answer back!! On a good night, I can get Coyotes to howl.
    It's fun. Once at a Fair... I won one hundred dollars imitating a horse, and all the horses
    answered back!!

you should put your horse call up on soundcloud then attach a link so we all can enjoy

:mrgreen:
    chadwick wrote:
    Lol
    answered back!!
    that's something else! cool beans.

im surrounded by coyotes. if i could make their sound i could have a ball. once the sun goes away it's on. it's some unusual group screaming sessions that's for sure

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    fjord%20horse%20laughing.jpg

may I help you?
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Once at a Fair... I won one hundred dollars imitating a horse.

Hey, me too! Wait, that was at some weird secret party in Mexico and I won my $100 for intimidating a horse. Close enough...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Once at a Fair... I won one hundred dollars imitating a horse.

Hey, me too! Wait, that was at some weird secret party in Mexico and I won my $100 for intimidating a donkey. Close enough...

fixed... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    rollings wrote:
    fjord%20horse%20laughing.jpg

may I help you?

As soon as I figure out the Soundcloud thing I will post a link of both the horse
    And the dog imitations.

By the way, those little Norwegian Fjords are cool ass horses,
    Though at just under 14 hands many are classified as
    Ponies.. However the breed itself is classified as a horse.
    i watch videos on & read about sasquatch research. i've spent probably hundreds of hours doing this activity. gigantopithecus, gigantopithecus, gigantopithecus & again
    gigantopithecus

i've seen & read some incredible stuff & some stupid ass bullshit as well. i like to believe sasquatch exists & in different regions appears differently. like the grass man in ohio would be different than the sasquatch in the northwest & different than the skunk ape in the everglades of florida.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i watch videos on & read about sasquatch research. i've spent probably hundreds of hours doing this activity. gigantopithecus, gigantopithecus, gigantopithecus & again
    gigantopithecus

i've seen & read some incredible stuff & some stupid ass bullshit as well. i like to believe sasquatch exists & in different regions appears differently. like the grass man in ohio would be different than the sasquatch in the northwest & different than the skunk ape in the everglades of florida.

Through your research, can more than one sasquatch live in an area? I always see them chasing after one.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    chadwick wrote:
    gigantopithecus

Through your research, can more than one sasquatch live in an area? I always see them chasing after one.
    yes sasquatch would be a social beast as they even communicate with one another by stick knocking & screaming into the night. ever hear a sasquatch carry on like they do? the most unreal fucking scariest sounding shit. never in person just on recordings. and with the internet today people are sharing some really killer stuff. the man & woman campers broke down in their truck/camper is awesome. they recorded something like 20-30 minutes of solid screaming up in the mountains.

also the missing 411 I think it is called. is a book I am ordering soon. unreal stuff. odd disappearances of folks from national parks particularly Yosemite. a kid or woman goes missing, they find the person's clothes most times neatly folded. sometimes the kid returns a day or two later, buck ass naked & miles from where he/she vanished & totally scaled a mountain or two & have no clue what happened to them.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    chadwick wrote:
    http://youtu.be/1pSyYhRYeIM
    quite often I play these & quite often I play them (and others) at the same time
    http://youtu.be/Yg3W11G4In0

rain kicks ass

I enjoy these noises...

Be careful... Some sound systems can't handle this bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M89w2DsKOQ
    i like turtle soup
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg