Options

Accused bomber was on welfare.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    so this is no longer about welfare, correct?
    Should be, and my apologies. Getting my butt back on track!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    yeah i looked at it again and didnt see any hints of wanting the thread to go into people just talking shit back and forth about nothing.

Just how most of the threads end up going... :mrgreen: Maybe there is really nothing to say about anything and this could be the end of this thread. Wouldn't be a great loss...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pandora wrote:
    so this is no longer about welfare, correct?
    it was until I was made out a racist :wtf:

I am massively pissed this foreign bomber collected government taxpayer money while plotting
    to hurt Americans for being Americans. There have been a few here outraged as well but way to many more outraged I used the word foreigner, which is all important to receiving aid, motive
    and thread integrity.

I guess that speaks volumes about political correctness and brainwashing.
    as you know pandora ,we have alot of different opinion in politics,but
    i already said my opinion about you,i dont believe you are rasist,seems the word foreign next to murderer,make it look a little that way..i understand some will think that way..
    lets say wa not the best way to put it..
    however,i really understand you to pissed,cos if my country pays wellfare to non Greek,and they put bombs and kill people,ill be pissed too.
    ill give u an exable happened 2 weeks ago,we went my nephew to hospital,we pay for the visit,and the small boy was next to us,1st he gets in before my nephwe for examine,even we was there earlier,aqnd second they didnt pay anything..when i ask why they get in first and why they dont pay anything,the answer was iots the law,they are immigrants ..
    i start cursing as you understand..
    well,im not a rasist,but seeing my nephew suffering and need to wait cos my country is so nice to non-Greeks i was pissed that i dont give a shit if someone thought i was rasist at the monent
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Who does this? I mean, I don't see anyone and label them a Jew, I see a person, an equal. Do people still walk around and separate Jews from the rest of the population? Obviously you do, Pandora. Do you find "your kind" superior to those of a different faith, and why do you feel the need to divide yourself from those of a different religion? Why do you hate foreigners, or should I say, why even label them? WHY? They are people just like you are, so why separate them?

The Jewish people I know in business are proudly so. They are endearing and inspiring.
    I speak positively of them. :D But no as far as a population I do not separate.
    I am not of a religion except to believe in God but you know that.

I hate the foreigners ... the two that killed three people and blew the limbs off of many...
    and collected a government check while doing it :fp: the foreigner aspect all import to the thread.
    Yet, you feel the need to call the terrorists foreigners. Labeling them because they're from a different country. There's terrorists who are Americans yet you like to use the word "foreigners" as a hate word. And instead of acknowledging that the "Jews" that you work with are simply "people", you still cast that outsider label. You're just segregating others, and that doesn't work when you spout "love and peace and acceptance". It's hypocritical and fake.
    They are not Americans, the younger brother became a US citizen last Sept 11...
    irony or what? The older brother is an immigrant collecting welfare while plotting to harm
    Americans. Yes that brings hate for these two, from me.
    The word foreigner important to topic and motive.

Why must I repeat myself to you? Oh wait I know why. :lol:

I see the lovely Jewish people I know as Jews because this is how they have
    presented themselves to me. They are proud and I am proud to call them friends
    of Jewish decent. Better question why do you make it ugly?
    Take love and friendship and admiration and make it filth?
    Is this all telling about you?

There is no segregating on my part but you would like to think so. Why Jean?
    oh wait I know why. :lol:

This problem is overwhelming you unfortunately.
    I have explained repeatedly and it doesn't suit what you want to hear
    or what you want to make me into. This because your view is incorrect
    and by the way so clouded perhaps you can't see straight. Maybe ask yourself
    why so combative with me, then learn to ignore.
    This is borderline unhealthy.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    [

Depends how the words are used and intended Dimi. I haven't got a problem with either word. Hey, I'm a foreigner and an immigrant (well... depends where I lived.. sometimes I was a native!). I may be cynical but I don't think these words were used in their basic form. Also, I'm not sure whether white immigrant or white foreigner (with the assumption they are not muslim) would be met the same way. Just saying.
    i understand the way you see it..well,i ll tell you my opinion,cos i found it different
    foreign,is like me going for tourist in usa,and immigrant to go live there..
    the 1st means,i go there for fun,and give my money to the country,the second,is like i need them,i need a job,a better life,a future..
    the 1st is like im a guest in usa but i pay my hotel room,and the second is like im a guest and i own them a favor for have me in their sofa
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited April 2013
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    The Jewish people I know in business are proudly so. They are endearing and inspiring.
    I speak positively of them. :D But no as far as a population I do not separate.
    I am not of a religion except to believe in God but you know that.

I hate the foreigners ... the two that killed three people and blew the limbs off of many...
    and collected a government check while doing it :fp: the foreigner aspect all import to the thread.
    Yet, you feel the need to call the terrorists foreigners. Labeling them because they're from a different country. There's terrorists who are Americans yet you like to use the word "foreigners" as a hate word. And instead of acknowledging that the "Jews" that you work with are simply "people", you still cast that outsider label. You're just segregating others, and that doesn't work when you spout "love and peace and acceptance". It's hypocritical and fake.
    They are not Americans, the younger brother became a US citizen last Sept 11...
    irony or what? The older brother is an immigrant collecting welfare while plotting to harm
    Americans. Yes that brings hate for these two, from me.
    The word foreigner important to topic and motive.

Why must I repeat myself to you? Oh wait I know why. :lol:

I see the lovely Jewish people I know as Jews because this is how they have
    presented themselves to me. They are proud and I am proud to call them friends
    of Jewish decent. Better question why do you make it ugly?
    Take love and friendship and admiration and make it filth?
    Is this all telling about you?

There is no segregating on my part but you would like to think so. Why Jean?
    oh wait I know why. :lol:

This problem is overwhelming you unfortunately.
    I have explained repeatedly and it doesn't suit what you want to hear
    or what you want to make me into. This because your view is incorrect
    and by the way so clouded perhaps you can't see straight. Maybe ask yourself
    why so combative with me, then learn to ignore.
    This is borderline unhealthy.

Reported

Seems to me (and everyone else) that you can't take you own advice. And you have the NERVE to say that I'm combative, simply because I ask questions. You have repeatedly been writing digs against me today, while all I did was ask you questions and asked for clarification.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    as you know pandora ,we have alot of different opinion in politics,but
    i already said my opinion about you,i dont believe you are rasist,seems the word foreign next to murderer,make it look a little that way..i understand some will think that way..
    lets say wa not the best way to put it..
    however,i really understand you to pissed,cos if my country pays wellfare to non Greek,and they put bombs and kill people,ill be pissed too.
    ill give u an exable happened 2 weeks ago,we went my nephew to hospital,we pay for the visit,and the small boy was next to us,1st he gets in before my nephwe for examine,even we was there earlier,aqnd second they didnt pay anything..when i ask why they get in first and why they dont pay anything,the answer was iots the law,they are immigrants ..
    i start cursing as you understand..
    well,im not a rasist,but seeing my nephew suffering and need to wait cos my country is so nice to non-Greeks i was pissed that i dont give a shit if someone thought i was rasist at the monent
    I think that is a horrible experience for you and the frustration unspeakable.
    I love you dearly as I love people in general. People are people to me. Matters not where they live.
    The word foreigner was important to me for description because of the motive and government
    money he was receiving. I did not go to any other thread and point this out because it did not pertain.
    It pertains here to this thread... for me ... for the anger and injustice.
    As you felt as well in your ordeal. I am sorry D.

Your understanding comes from a loving place, I say thank you.
    I do not expect that from some here which time and again we can easily point
    out even before they speak. No love lost I'm afraid. No understanding either, it is very
    predictable and I will write it off as herd behavior.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:

Reported

Seems to me (and everyone else) that you can't take you own advice. And you have the NERVE to say that I'm combative, simply because I ask questions. You have repeatedly been writing digs against me today, while all I did was ask you questions and asked for clarification.
    tell it to the mods then you are consistently on my back ... why Jean?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Reported

tell it to the mods then you are consistently on my back ... why Jean?

IGNORED and not true.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    redrock wrote:
    [

Depends how the words are used and intended Dimi. I haven't got a problem with either word. Hey, I'm a foreigner and an immigrant (well... depends where I lived.. sometimes I was a native!). I may be cynical but I don't think these words were used in their basic form. Also, I'm not sure whether white immigrant or white foreigner (with the assumption they are not muslim) would be met the same way. Just saying.
    i understand the way you see it..well,i ll tell you my opinion,cos i found it different
    foreign,is like me going for tourist in usa,and immigrant to go live there..
    the 1st means,i go there for fun,and give my money to the country,the second,is like i need them,i need a job,a better life,a future..
    the 1st is like im a guest in usa but i pay my hotel room,and the second is like im a guest and i own them a favor for have me in their sofa
    I see your point. Though I have been a foreigner working in a country (not immigrant because it was not where I was going to settle). Immigrating... I don't see this as 'owing a favour'. Immigrants built the good ol' USofA (well.. after the natives were 'taken care of'), as they built many countries.

Maybe some are equating foreign/immigrant with 'non white', scrounging good for nothings whilst most will be contributing fully to the country they chose to live in. Yes, some will be poor as some jobs only seem to go to immigrants as 'citizens' don't seem to want them - same in many countries.

Anyway Dimi, whilst I am not easily offended by this 'foreign/immigrant' crap going on, the tone here was wrong. In my view. Maybe you and I have a more 'international' view of things (hey... how many different nationalities were at the wedding? How many different nationalities were hugging and singing and dancing together???). Foreigners or not, immigrants or not.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    It does anger me that the deceased bomber received some type of govt assistance. But from what i've read, it was awhile ago, before the bombings.. and as redrock said, possibly for his American wife and American child. The problem I have with this thread is some (who we all know) are against welfare and/or not happy with how it is administered, and decide to use this as an opportunity to demonstrate that the welfare system is a bad system because a "terrorist" was able to get it. Was he abusing the system when he received the aid? I dont know, so its not important to me in the bigger picture.. it doesnt reflect on his heinous crimes in my eyes.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    it doesnt reflect on his heinous crimes in my eyes.

It detracts from it and serves a political agenda for some.

Had the same thing here in the UK. A guy set fire to his home killing 6/7 of his kids. Whilst his wife (and mistress who were living with him) were both working and earning, the family was receiving some welfare benefits. All of a sudden, this guy was the 'face of welfare' - the 'do you want your tax money to pay for this type of person' thing. A horrendous crime by a vile man (who happened to be receiving benefits) became second fiddle to a political agenda. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
  • Options
    It does anger me that the deceased bomber received some type of govt assistance. But from what i've read, it was awhile ago, before the bombings.. and as redrock said, possibly for his American wife and American child. The problem I have with this thread is some (who we all know) are against welfare and/or not happy with how it is administered, and decide to use this as an opportunity to demonstrate that the welfare system is a bad system because a "terrorist" was able to get it. Was he abusing the system when he received the aid? I dont know, so its not important to me in the bigger picture.. it doesnt reflect on his heinous crimes in my eyes.
    I get that some are unhappy with the welfare system we have
    but this has got to be the icing on the cake for them and then for everyone!
    Where is the outrage?
  • Options
    yes a guest in our country then blew up our people
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Anyway Dimi, whilst I am not easily offended by this 'foreign/immigrant' crap going on, the tone here was wrong. In my view. Maybe you and I have a more 'international' view of things (hey... how many different nationalities were at the wedding? How many different nationalities were hugging and singing and dancing together???). Foreigners or not, immigrants or not.
    for sure we have..traveling around the world helped that..you are so right..
    at the wedding,at the shows,so many different people countries,cultures..but love to meet all those people,and enjoy their company..
    and for make a little joke,to light up this thread..all girls i met from other countries..well,are the same beautiful and have 2 boobs,like the Greek girls have.. :lol:
  • Options

That's how I feel about the topic as well. I'm not angry about the welfare program, nor that his family was on it. I feel that the program is being used to direct anger. Anger against the terrorist and anger against the welfare program.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    pandora wrote:
    I get that some are unhappy with the welfare system we have
    but this has got to be the icing on the cake for them and then for everyone!
    Where is the outrage?

Like i said, i assume there isnt a ton of outrage because the guy wasnt on welfare recently. And there was a baby involved. Should the kid starve because his/her father is questionable? What's even crazier is -- I bet the baby might be receiving some type of govt assistance in the near future too, now that the shit hit the fan.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    unsung wrote:
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits

I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.

I have to agree with the OP. I don't have an issue with helping citizens who need assistance, but the entire family was on welfare when they came to the US, because they were considered political refugees. I think that the entire immigration system needs an overhaul so we can get more productive and skilled immigrants that will benefit the country, not those who we have to support from the start. And this is coming from the child of 2 immigrants, who came here and always worked and contributed something to society, as I do and as my sister does.
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits

I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.

I have to agree with the OP. I don't have an issue with helping citizens who need assistance, but the entire family was on welfare when they came to the US, because they were considered political refugees. I think that the entire immigration system needs an overhaul so we can get more productive and skilled immigrants that will benefit the country, not those who we have to support from the start. And this is coming from the child of 2 immigrants, who came here and always worked and contributed something to society, as I do and as my sister does.
    well said...
    hopefully reform will be coming.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Was closed for review.

=The bigoted comment should have been reported to us so we could deal with it.

=People chose to handle it on their own and that's what derailed the thread. :nono:

=You aren't using "Ignore" properly if you are commenting to the person that you're ignoring them... :nono:

=Use the mod report icon to report a problem post to us and we'll handle it.

=This thread is done.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.