Options

Accused bomber was on welfare.

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    polaris_x wrote:
    do you honestly believe america is the greatest country in the world?
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    a bad apple spoils the bunch.

I wonder how many immigrants in the same situation have used the money to get on their feet and become productive members of our society. People who love America for the opportunities it affords them and the help they were given to get started.
    For every 10 people who really appreciate the help is there one person taking advantage? If so does that still make it worth it?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions - just felt like this thread was really narrow and blinded.

Good ?? i can only answer for my family my father migrated here in the late 60s worked for pennies made enough to send for us to come here in 1971 my two siblings and mother ..
    we are all contributing citizens pay our taxes never been arrested , and next sept my oldest will be the 1st from my family to attend college i'd say this country got their moneys worth from us and in turn we get to live in the best country in the world and that comes from the deepest part of my soul ....

we don't always agree but this post of yours is awesome my friend.

Godfather.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    polaris_x wrote:
    i'd say this country got their moneys worth from us and in turn we get to live in the best country in the world and that comes from the deepest part of my soul ....

do you honestly believe america is the greatest country in the world?

Yes for me & my family yes , maybe not for someone else but my father chosse to come here and i have to say he made the best choice for us ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    :clap:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    a bad apple spoils the bunch.

I wonder how many immigrants in the same situation have used the money to get on their feet and become productive members of our society. People who love America for the opportunities it affords them and the help they were given to get started.
    For every 10 people who really appreciate the help is there one person taking advantage? If so does that still make it worth it?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions - just felt like this thread was really narrow and blinded.

Good ?? i can only answer for my family my father migrated here in the late 60s worked for pennies made enough to send for us to come here in 1971 my two siblings and mother ..
    we are all contributing citizens pay our taxes never been arrested , and next sept my oldest will be the 1st from my family to attend college i'd say this country got their moneys worth from us and in turn we get to live in the best country in the world and that comes from the deepest part of my soul ....

we don't always agree but this post of yours is awesome my friend.

Godfather.

Thanks GF and that's what makes all of us here special individuals that we can see things differently i appreciate your way of thinking .... :)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Yes for me & my family yes , maybe not for someone else but my father chosse to come here and i have to say he made the best choice for us ......

so ... it's based solely on your lot in life currently? ... interesting ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

so ... it's based solely on your lot in life currently? ... interesting ...

Yes ..
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    the wolf wrote:
    badbrains wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

yet you still had to throw in the word foreign?

I'm not coming down on you here, I get what your saying.
    It's just your wording sometimes,... most will take offense to this.

Exactly Wolf, mite have to report her to Kat cuz that offended me..... :nono: ;)

Sometimes we Americans forget that there are people from all over the world posting here,
    I'll admit in the past i would sometimes forget. I'm thinking,.. American Band, American fans yeah?

My point is this... I don't think Pandora was being a racist, but by choosing to use the words "foreign piece of shit" she most likely DID in fact offend some people that are not Americans.

It's unfortunate that some will never understand that though.
    I spoke the truth, though incredibly politically incorrect...
    he was from a foreign country, was not a citizen, he was collecting taxpayer money to live on,
    he maimed and murdered innocent Americans, innocent children, for the sole reason
    we are Americans, he was a piece of shit.

I would say the same if he was an American, but then he would be an American piece of shit.

Now if another person who is from a foreign country thinks I would lump them with him
    simply because they are from a foreign country I personally think that would be over the top
    and you know what ... I think they can differentiate too.

Oh I mite be feeling a bit itchy here ;)

Wow some just jump to call me a racist and bigot... gotta love the small minds in that.
    Not surprised the only outrage they have is towards Republicans :lol:
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited April 2013
    And there it IS, you're a republican??? Wow, and all this time I thought you were an independent, who thought like a libertarian, blah blah blah. Whatever makes you happy pandora. For your itch that you have, I'm sure someone on the forum can help you or know how to help you in your itch. ;)

I could careless if you're republican, Indy, democrat, Green Party, no party, I call it like I see it. You made a racist comment. It in no way offended me, and in no way would I "RAT" on you to Kat. Can YOU SAY THE SAME? I actually believe everyone deserves the right to use there first amendment right. You dnt fool anyone here, that I know for a fact. So go on, be and see the "positive" light or mumbo jumbo it is you claim to. Your comment about foreigners shows your true colors, at least it does to me. Best part is is that couple generations ago your family were foreigners in this great land of yours. :corn: :fp:
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Yeah, after reading the entire thread, what Pandora said was pretty hateful, I don't know about racist.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    And there it IS, you're a republican??? Wow, and all this time I thought you were an independent, who thought like a libertarian, blah blah blah. Whatever makes you happy pandora. For your itch that you have, I'm sure someone on the forum can help you or know how to help you in your itch. ;)

I could careless if you're republican, Indy, democrat, Green Party, no party, I call it like I see it. You made a racist comment. It in no way offended me, and in no way would I "RAT" on you to Kat. I actually believe everyone deserves the right to use there first amendment right. You dnt fool anyone here, that I know for a fact. So go on, be and see the "positive" light or mumbo jumbo it is you claim to. Your comment about foreigners shows your true colors, at least it does to me. Best part is is that couple generations ago your family were foreigners in this great land of yours. :corn: :fp:
    I'm not Republican what a leap there but that figures as well. I voted Independent last election,
    have voted Dem and Rep throughout my life. Not a party line voter.
    But why so much attention towards me?

My true colors :? what about yours badbrains ... biased much?
    you come out of the walls to jump on my posts constantly...
    Kat told me to ignore, I've done well, as you could try too. It's worth the effort.
    And it's nice for everyone else not to see your negativity towards another poster.

I stand by my words, have explained them, I am no more prejudice than you are or anyone else
    actually maybe less. I spoke the truth about this murderer.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Yeah, after reading the entire thread, what Pandora said was pretty hateful, I don't know about racist.
    :lol:

I must add I hate that murderer with a passion...
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

I could careless if you're republican, Indy, democrat, Green Party, no party, I call it like I see it. You made a racist comment. It in no way offended me, and in no way would I "RAT" on you to Kat. I actually believe everyone deserves the right to use there first amendment right. You dnt fool anyone here, that I know for a fact. So go on, be and see the "positive" light or mumbo jumbo it is you claim to. Your comment about foreigners shows your true colors, at least it does to me. Best part is is that couple generations ago your family were foreigners in this great land of yours. :corn: :fp:
    I'm not Republican what a leap there but that figures as well. I voted Independent last election,

Kat told me to ignore, I've done well,

The bolded part is really funny. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Ok, then try not to generalize all foreigners next time.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Kat told me to ignore, I've done well, as you could try too. It's worth the effort.
    And it's nice for everyone else not to see your negativity towards another poster.

I stand by my words, have explained them, I am no more prejudice than you are or anyone else

"Wow some just jump to call me a racist and bigot... gotta love the small minds in that.
    Not surprised the only outrage they have is towards Republicans."

You did say that right? Thought you were calling yourself out again. Silly me ... :fp:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Tamerlan, along with his american wife and his american child were on Transitional Assistance Benefits (though it has not been said which ones) which helps low income families and individuals to meet basic needs. Once they had reached the 'cut off' point in earnings, they were no longer eligible for these benefits. This was in 2012. So him and his family were not on benefits for a while before the bombing.

And as Leezestarr313 explained so well, immigrants don't 'just get' benefits as they step foot on american soil.

A lot of 'drama' headlines around, stirring the pot. Getting in the way of the facts which are quite dramatic enough.

Foreign piece of shit?????? Unecessary and hateful. Simply 'piece of shit' - this is sufficient - no need for further descriptives. Especially since most americans will have 'foreign' in them.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

"Wow some just jump to call me a racist and bigot... gotta love the small minds in that.
    Not surprised the only outrage they have is towards Republicans."

You did say that right? Thought you were calling yourself out again. Silly me ... :fp:
    yes towards Republicans ... not me :? that's ok we are all silly at times
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Kat told me to ignore, I've done well,

The bolded part is really funny. :lol::lol:
    :wave: Hi Friend, try is all I can do

are you trying as well? or are you discussing me again :lol:
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    redrock wrote:
    Tamerlan, along with his american wife and his american child were on Transitional Assistance Benefits (though it has not been said which ones) which helps low income families and individuals to meet basic needs. Once they had reached the 'cut off' point in earnings, they were no longer eligible for these benefits. This was in 2012. So him and his family were not on benefits for a while before the bombing.

And as Leezestarr313 explained so well, immigrants don't 'just get' benefits as they step foot on american soil.

A lot of 'drama' headlines around, stirring the pot. Getting in the way of the facts which are quite dramatic enough.

Foreign piece of shit?????? Unecessary and hateful. Simply 'piece of shit' - this is sufficient - no need for further descriptives. Especially since most americans will have 'foreign' in them.

Does it really matter when they start the benefits? Fact is they get them.
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    This deed done by someone who is not a US citizen, receiving government taxpayer money
    during the planning stages then :? ... really :wtf:
    which we are discussing in this thread by the way, the topic at hand is just that,
    is one of the most hateful, vicious, cowardly crimes I have have seen in my life.

The word foreign is important because of the topic and the motive to the crime.
    This murderer might have well bombed a neighborhood park of families having picnics.
    It was an attack on Americans. Yes I do hate this murderer but I would hate him
    just the same if he were American. :fp:

I would love to see a bit more passion from Americans. A little less 'oh well'...
    A little more outrage amongst all the bonding and patriotic.
    It makes a damn big difference he got money from me to live on to me!
    I would love to smack his smug face silly every time I see it on the news.
    Oh pardon me too much drama for some.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    aerial wrote:
    Does it really matter when they start the benefits? Fact is they get them.

I was just clarifying that he was not on certain benefits when he committed the crime as has been reported.

When you say 'them' or 'they', do you mean all people on benefits? Maybe it is a different discussion then about anyone getting benefits.

Or was it OK for his american wife and his american child to benefit from these "Transitional Assistance Benefits" - available from the state of Massachusetts for those who meet the eligibility criteria - but not him personally because he was 'foreign'? Again, we do not know which of these "Transitional Assistance Benefits" the family were receiving.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    This deed done by someone who is not a US citizen, receiving government taxpayer money
    which we are discussing in this thread by the way, the topic at hand is just that,
    is one of the most hateful, vicious, cowardly crimes I have have seen in my life.

This murderer might have well bombed a neighborhood park of families having picnics.

I would love to see a bit more passion from Americans. A little less 'oh well'...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    pandora wrote:

Wow some just jump to call me a racist and bigot... gotta love the small minds in that.

Small minds? I thought you were being small minded when you said a while back that Jews ran the country, but oh well.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Small minds? I thought you were being small minded when you said a while back that Jews ran the country, but oh well.
    Is that a bad thing? I guess to someone who turns everything ugly it is. :?
    That came from my personal experience in life as most things I say.

I admire the savvy very much and the Jews I do business with,
    in many different aspects, are a wonderful example of the American dream
    still hard at work and successful.
    I love them and how they inspire me everyday. :D

Sorry you had to spin a negative on that :fp:
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    pandora wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :?
    :thumbup: :D
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I think I am missing the connection between being on Welfare and commiting wholesale murder... I mean, is there a corrleation between the two... being on Welfare and mass killings? If so, then what is it?
    Because I don't remember Adam Lanza being on Welfare... was he? If not, shouldn't we also be afraid of wealthier Americans killings us, too?
    Thanx in advance for the explanations.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I think I am missing the connection between being on Welfare and commiting wholesale murder... I mean, is there a corrleation between the two... being on Welfare and mass killings? If so, then what is it?
    Because I don't remember Adam Lanza being on Welfare... was he? If not, shouldn't we also be afraid of wealthier Americans killings us, too?

Lanza's mother was getting over $250 k a yr from her ex they lived very well of it ..
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Cosmo wrote:

Lanza's mother was getting over $250 k a yr from her ex they lived very well of it ..
    Okay... so Adam Lanza was NOT on welfare, right?
    Then, what is the original intent of this message... that we should be scared of Welfare recipients if we are runners... and we should be afraid for our children from upper middle class folks? I mean, is there a correlation?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pandora wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

I hope one day you can find it in your heart to find the love youre so big on imparting to forgive them. hatred is ugly and will eat away at your heart and soul.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Is that a bad thing? I guess to someone who turns everything ugly it is. :?
    That came from my personal experience in life as most things I say.

I admire the savvy very much and the Jews I do business with,
    in many different aspects, are a wonderful example of the American dream
    still hard at work and successful.
    I love them and how they inspire me everyday. :D

Sorry you had to spin a negative on that :fp:

Yah... those saavy Jews, eh? It's nice that you see the good in them, Pandora. It really is. You are divine. I'll thank you on their behalf.

Your last few posts have reflected the height of ignorance.

And... I love how you scramble like mad to cover up your 'Republican slip'. Geez man... you have no idea how foolish you come across on this board sometimes. Call me weak for calling you out... but holy shit... your nonsense is so damn annoying.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
This discussion has been closed.