Options

Please Announce Tour Dates

NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
edited July 2013 in The Porch
The work vacation calendar is filling up. Me checking this board for any shred of a rumor of cities and dates is getting worse everyday. Help me help myself.
www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    I completely agree but would be shocked if we get anything in the next few weeks. If I recall correctly, PJ20 wasn't even announced until May and that was for a 2 night, once in a lifetime, Labor Day weekend, destination show, in the middle of nowhere (with all due respect to the cheese heads). Also, I may be off on this but wasn't the last US tour done with like 2.5 months notice? I think we found out in either early March or late Feb for the May 2010 shows..... though it's been so long I forget. :cry:
  • Options
    maybe they will give this a little more care
  • Options
    Yeah I don't care if I get shit for this, but it's ridiculous. Announce the fuckin dates
  • Options
    Louied825Louied825 Posts: 132
    Yeah c'mon i want to plan my vacation...
    Louie
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    They announce it when they feel like it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    UPDATE!!

You ever think that maybe its not finalised yet and that's why we haven't heard anything?
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    lol @ anyone who thinks this is ridiculous
    i want to see the dates announced more than anyone
    but we're in april, tour won't start for another ~5 months
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Announce the fuckin dates!!!!!
  • Options
    breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    I would guess after Wrigley. Everyone bought tickets for Wrigley because it was the only show. If they announce a tour before that show, everyone (not near Chicago) would dump their tickets. With these guys who knows?
  • Options
    How about a Thurs or Fri TWEET telling us to make sure our memberships are up to date before next week? That would be nice.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    breath123 wrote:
    I would guess after Wrigley. Everyone bought tickets for Wrigley because it was the only show. If they announce a tour before that show, everyone (not near Chicago) would dump their tickets. With these guys who knows?
    The band doesn't care if people dump their Wrigley tickets. The tickets have already been sold and they will be picked up by someone else (locals) so its not like there is a risk of Wrigley being Half Empty.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    We will know in May or June.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    breath123 wrote:

Pretty sure they announced a fall tour, but not the specific dates, literally in the same email that announced the Wrigley show.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Announce dates now, then in a few months when you realize the buildings aren't available, announced changed dates :fp:

We're not getting anything until summer. There's really no need for the band to cater to those that need to plan vacation around a show. I mean, it would be the last thing on my mind if I was planning a tour.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    I would think 2-3 months is the norm. Dylan/Wilco/MMJ just announed their dates, starting in late June. So, if expected, the PJ tour will be in September, I wouldn't expect anything until at least June, maybe July.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    [ I think we found out in either early March or late Feb for the May 2010 shows..... though it's been so long I forget. :cry:[/quote]

March 11, 2010 to be exact. I did some research :D. I'm not expecting anything until July this time around. My guess is they are still working on dates and venues.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,091
    Mango wrote:
    UPDATE!!

You ever think that maybe its not finalised yet and that's why we haven't heard anything?

That would actually be pretty surprising for venues this size. Bookings are made way more than 3 months in advance
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    Look at it this way:
    As long as the tour hasn't been announced, you can still hold on to the hope that they'll come to your city.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Mango wrote:
    UPDATE!!

That would actually be pretty surprising for venues this size. Bookings are made way more than 3 months in advance

Even in venues that house NBA and/or NHL teams? I would think their schedules for the fall preseason are far from set. And they have first priority.

• Options
    its pretty clear that Ed and Mike are sitting around thinking of ways to ruin our lives and they decided not releasing tour dates would be a good start.

#whitepeopleproblems
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Im gonna play devils advocate here and say - don't announce tour dates!

...just to be different and start a fight.

We dont want no stinking tour dates!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Ok, forget dates. How about announce the region? Think they've narrowed that down?
  • Options
    Noload wrote:
    Ok, forget dates. How about announce the region? Think they've narrowed that down?

USA

:D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Yes. Guess they covered it. Alright, I'll just wait. Has Oracle World week been announced? Maybe have to schedule around that.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Mayday...Mayday
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So they shouldn't care about the fans trying to plan to see a show? Haha ok
  • Options
    I agree... there are tons of other acts and festivals that I'm holding out on just in case PJ announces a US tour. HURRY UP ALREADY!
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    I haven't seen PJ in nearly 7 years. It would be nice to plan in advance around my work schedule however I consider this an emergency. Like all emergencies employers will have to understand when you need a day or 2 off. I might have to word it differently instead of a PJ tour.
  • Options
    So they shouldn't care about the fans trying to plan to see a show? Haha ok

Honestly, I don't think they should care. Sure, they want people there, but I'd say a small percentage of the 15,000 people at a show have to plan 5-6 months in advance to see a concert.

Hopefully the dates work out for you.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    I haven't seen PJ in nearly 7 years. It would be nice to plan in advance around my work schedule however I consider this an emergency. Like all emergencies employers will have to understand when you need a day or 2 off. I might have to word it differently instead of a PJ tour.

:lol: