PLEASE play Man of the Hour in milan!

124»

Comments

• ycckkycckk Posts: 23
    after reading your original post....i "hope" and "want" to believe that song was meant for you. i honestly believe it was meant for you. Your story touched me. i hope you enjoyed the song live, because those few minutes were yours, and no one can take that away from you.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    hey all....PLEASE listen to the mialn boot, and then get back to me and/or post here. :p

a fellow boardie pointed out to me that she *heard* the mention of 'dream' in some momblings by ed right before pj played "man of the hour" in milan. now, at the show i was right up front and heard nothing of the sort...i have listened to the boot numerous times and still have heard nothing of the sort...but absolutely, i'd LOVE to get opinions on just WHAT does ed say/mumble about right before pj starts up with "man of the hour"...?

at the time, and even after listening to the boot..i was always of the opinion that ed says something along the lines of " this one we're tryin' "...or" just want to try it ".......unsure. although now with this new seed planted in my brain...could it be "this one for dream"...? i never thought so, but after the PM suggesting such, i'd love other opinions.

so yea, break out those headphones and really LISTEN...and let me know. :D grazie mille!
    I just downloaded it and listening to it I hear him say "small dream" before he starts. I totally think it's about you. They do listen and respond. I think you can relish it either way. Big hugs your way! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • I'm Jeff and I don't know what stories there could have been.. there was some silly stuff with breadsticks and apparently a speech of some sort but I was pretty pissed. I was front row for both Lisbon shows and was near the front at the Astoria. There were just so many people I met on the tour who I have no names for at all, so I'm trying to slowly piece it together before the next tour rolls around. It's pretty embarassing really.
    :D:D:D well good thing about that night was that (well this is what I believe anyway) we all got nicely, but equally, drunk... and I don't think anybody made a bigger fool of themselves than anybody else :o

Maybe ask Danmac, he was the only sober one :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • burtschips wrote:

D2D.... I am sure that EV says 'this one's for dream' before Man Of on the milan boot, listened to it LOUD and am convinced that is what he says.

but i just *had* to post it here simply b/c it makes me so happy! :D

i have to listen more and more...and now LOUD, b/c i too want to be *convinced* this is true. :cool: :cool: :cool:

*edit:
    wolfbear wrote:
    I just downloaded it and listening to it I hear him say "small dream" before he starts. I totally think it's about you. They do listen and respond. I think you can relish it either way. Big hugs your way! :)

hmmmmmm...combine the two, 'this one small dream'....?
    possible? would make sense, it was my request/dream for milan....i am 'dream'......:p oooooooooooooo! :D
    i am sooo wearing out this disc!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    He does say something about Dream before Man Of The Hour. Definitely has to be you. That is incredible, and you know they played it early in the set so you would know it was cause of you.

Goodbye For Now....
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    He does say something about Dream before Man Of The Hour. Definitely has to be you. That is incredible, and you know they played it early in the set so you would know it was cause of you.

Goodbye For Now....
    Here it is from the master! You can be assured now D2D. Thanks Low_Light03-you're the greatest! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    wow :)

and what a night :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    meme wrote:
    wow :)

and what a night :)

Your tag is meme. By meme do you refer to the cultural unit of natural selection?
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Your tag is meme. By meme do you refer to the cultural unit of natural selection?

ahah... no, it simply is the first sound I ever uttered.
    It's kind of flattering though, to google it and see billions of pages coming up.
    Do you suppose I could sue for rights to the name? I came up with it 35 years ago! :)
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    meme wrote:
    ahah... no, it simply is the first sound I ever uttered.
    It's kind of flattering though, to google it and see billions of pages coming up.
    Do you suppose I could sue for rights to the name? I came up with it 35 years ago! :)
    How do YOU pronounce it meme? I always imagined it was the French pronunciation (mem) or do you say it like mimi? :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    How do YOU pronounce it meme? I always imagined it was the French pronunciation (mem) or do you say it like mimi? :confused:

"meem"...

or "Me! Me!"
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    no, it's meh meh, I'm Italian :p
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    meme wrote:
    no, it's meh meh, I'm Italian :p
    Lol, ah so we're ALL wrong :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

Thanks!

now i am all teary-eyed.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

ahhhhhhhhhh i love, love, love you for that! also love for sleightofhand07 for putting it up on youtube. i do have a couple of dvds from italy and milan, great and caring friends/fans who shared. can only watch on my computer so i haven't really....but either way, just seeing this here, and in my PM box - grazie mille again :).....truly beautiful! and yea, finally, i DO hear "this one's for dream"...and i like how ed kinda raises his arm as he says it. :D *wipes tear* bellissimo!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• brainofmebrainofme Posts: 231
    hey, i'm reading this thread for the first time now. i can definitely hear ed saying "this is for dream"...wow. this is so cool. must have been a very special night for you!
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007
    brainofme wrote:
    hey, i'm reading this thread for the first time now. i can definitely hear ed saying "this is for dream"...wow. this is so cool. must have been a very special night for you!

if you read the thread you see, just the fact that it got played.....priceless! all of *this*, hearing/knowing ed said that, simply beyond words, icing.......beautiful! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• happy birthday dad. :)
    this song...that night...perfection.
    thank you again pearl jam.

also...i know of a dear friend from here who put a LOT of effort into our italian show/jammer-fan meet-ups...who lost her dad recently...

so here's to you lgt and YOUR dad.
    much love!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

awwww....i'm so happy this thread made the trip! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• ahhhhhh.....another birthday today. would've been 96 today!
    happy birthday dad, man of the hour....you are loved and missed...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

and this is why i can never be bitter, about anything really, related to pearl jam live.  thanks pearl jam. 
    *blows kisses*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...