PLEASE play Man of the Hour in milan!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited September 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
dear pearl jam,

i am not normally one of those who 'request' songs to be played at shows...i am always happy with whatever setlist you collectively decide to share and i am never disappointed. that said, the milan show is a VERY special show to me for a few reasons.

first of all, i am just thrilled beyond belief that i have the opportunity to return to italy, and travel more...go and see my fave band in 5 different cities. it has always been a pleasure traveling to see you in north america, and it has been a dream to see you in europe and/or australia.

so then, why is the milan show so special to me? simply because september 17th is my father's birthday. he died 14 years ago this past february, and if he were alive today...he'd be turning 93. yes, i had a much older father and sadly lost him early b/c of it. so, it's his birthday which makes it a special day to me no matter what...but even moreso b/c i will be in italy for it.

my dad was born in sicily, came to NY when he was 8. i have not had the pleasure to visit sicily yet, although someday i hope to, but right now...milan is the closest i will ever get to 'celebrate', to remember him on his birthday, close to his birthplace..and in his home country.

Man of the Hour has touched me deeply since the very first time i ever heard it...and has great/significant meaning for me. to hear it...in italy...on my father's birthday....would be beautifully amazing. so thus my long-winded, yet heartfelt request. of course, no matter what...it will be a special show amongst so many special shows...and i am sooo thrilled i get to be there.

thank you always for your music...and please play Man of the Hour in milan. it will be a gorgeous and touching rememberance for my dad and a truly great memory for me.

much love,
dream

ps - it is also Spot In The Sky's birthday, one of our italian travel companions...so can wish him a happy birthday too. ;)
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• swedeswede Posts: 558
    goodluck to u dreamstar
  • i hope you get your wish - man of the hour is such a beautiful song.

ok that's enough nice - i'm still angry at you italians for getting FIVE pj shows!!! :(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    If I was Eddie, I would play it for you after that post.

It is a beautiful song...just beautiful...
    Where is Lowlight?
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    That's nice dream :)

I concur on the request. MOTH is one of my favorite song and I haven't gotten it yet after 5 shows. It will be my 11th anniversary (although I'm splitting the ticket with my brother in Milan, and taking hubby to Verona).

And while I'm at it... I also need to hear Release and I got shit.
    Thank you guys :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    thanks swede, jack and BeBe.....*fingers crossed*

meme wrote:
    That's nice dream :)

I concur on the request. MOTH is one of my favorite song and I haven't gotten it yet after 5 shows. It will be my 11th anniversary (although I'm splitting the ticket with my brother in Milan, and taking hubby to Verona).

And while I'm at it... I also need to hear Release and I got shit.
    Thank you guys :p

excellent. :cool:
    11 years, beautiful! we just celebrated 14 last month. yes, my father died 4 months before my wedding day. :(

hope we can meet in both verona and milan. milan will be my 17th pj show. hmmm...coincidence? :p

i HAVE been fortunate enough to hear MOTH, and your other requests, live. hearing MOTH in boston 2004 actually brought tears to my eyes. yes, i am a total sap. but of course...it DOES have such significance to me due to the loss of my father, as i am sure it does for many. so to actually hear it in italy, on his birthday...priceless. and sure, i'll cry again too...but beautiful tears. :)

btw - excellent choices. sure, i've heard em all live...but definitely would love em live again. add in wash and oceans...can never get enough of any of em. ;) however, for once i AM actually truly hoping for this ONE song on this one particular night....would mean the WORLD to me. :D

hey, figure it can't hurt to try. i'm a dreamer afterall.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I hope you get to hear it.

It was wonderful to hear in the pre-set at Vegas. :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I do hope PJ plays this song for you, dreams. A beautiful request so I hope this works. :)
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    you should think that over, it's a fuckin depressing song to hear live. i kinda wish i wouldn't have....
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
    inmyrvm wrote:
    you should think that over, it's a fuckin depressing song to hear live. i kinda wish i wouldn't have....

i HAVE heard it live...boston 2004...and i ADORED it! differing perspectives. it would mean the WORLD to me to hear it in italy. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Would be awesome if they played it, tho I doubt they'll be browsing the forum and seeing this thread.. If I had Ed's e-mail adres i'd give it to u.
    your light's reflected now
    Obi Once wrote:
    Would be awesome if they played it, tho I doubt they'll be browsing the forum and seeing this thread.. If I had Ed's e-mail adres i'd give it to u.

well ya never know, i'm sure ed or any one of the boys gets insomnia from time to time...could be fun to peruse here for shits and giggles. ;) eh...figured it can't hurt, and sure, i tried other avenues to get my 'request' out there...figure it's all good. besides, maybe a very kind feline mod could pass it along too? :p never say never. haha.

but sure, you ever come across ed's e-mail addy, be sure to pass it on. :D

btw - helloooo! :cool:
    and YES...it would be completely awesome if they played it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

*bump...bump...bump*
    i REALLY want to hear man of the hour in milan.

thank you.
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

please. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    You should send postcards. That worked out great for the Yield thing in Cincinnati.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Best of luck to you...couldn't be a better reason to play it :)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Just like to bring this thread out again since the date is drawing near and dreams leaves for Italy tomorrow and I the next day. I hope MOTH gets played for you, dreams. :)
  • you *ARE* a total sweetie. :D
    can you even believe it? i leave...today! woweeee.

and HELL YES, please, please, please......man of the hour in milan.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• hi there!

i am dreaming of meeting eddie and the boys, and the first thing i would say to them if i meet them before the milan show will not be "i am a big fan blah blah" it would "please play man of the hour for a great great pj fan!"

here's to pearl jam playing man of the hour in milan!

;)
  • hi there!

i am dreaming of meeting eddie and the boys, and the first thing i would say to them if i meet them before the milan show will not be "i am a big fan blah blah" it would "please play man of the hour for a great great pj fan!"

here's to pearl jam playing man of the hour in milan!

;)

*wipes tear*
    ;)

now YOU are just too sweet.
    :D

here's to hoping, YES!
    thanks.
    seeya in milan!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• I understand why you would like to hear it. It is a really nice song to listen to.... I heard it in Gelredome/Arnhem.......

I´ll be praying with ya!
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i really hope you get to hear it decides2dream!

i lost my dad 5 months ago today. the song means a lot to me too.
    i. am. mine.
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    I immediately thought of you as soon as I heard the opening chords!!

SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    lgt wrote:
    I immediately thought of you as soon as I heard the opening chords!!

SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

I'm going to second that! I just saw the setlist posted and someone mentioned that Man of the Hour was played. I am so happy for you D2D!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I only just saw this thread, due to travelling around and not having internet access, but i'm so glad you got to hear Man Of The Hour. I really hope it was as amazing as it sounds.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • First thing I did this morning was check the Milan thread and I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy for ya!!!!!!!!!!! :o:):):):):) That's just brilliant and you deserve it for having travelled so far :o . Hope yas had a wonderful night last night. I was thinking of yas.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Looks like Eddie heard your request, d2d!! yay for you! :D

I got MOTH twice this tour...can't get enough of it.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • This thread made me feel very emotional. How wonderful that you heard it. It must've been a very special moment.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • See?!! You got it!!! I knew you would :)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :):) Yay!!! :):)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    :)