Boston Marathon Explosion

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    don't they do anything covertly anymore?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Someone just tweeted this "Beginning to think that getting your news a day later on a piece of paper really was the way to go."
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    RKCNDY wrote:
    That picture is very moving , the guy with the cowboy hat, Carlos Arredondo is a hero, he likely saved the other man, Jeff's life. (I cannot find Jeff's last name) If it weren't for the picture, Jeff wouldn't know who to thank for saving his life.

that's how I see it anyway.

Yes it is. Its Jeff Bauman Jr.
    I went looking for a place to donate to victims and came across this facebook support page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeff-Bau ... 34?fref=ts

I dont know how legit it is, so i didnt donate anything yet.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    RKCNDY wrote:

I would be really really careful about what pictures I post and point out. I realize people want to be helpful, but imagine if those 2 guys are innocent...it's on the internet that people are pointing them out to be suspicious, and those pictures are not going to go away very easily.

I am aware of that. All I am saying is it looks suspicious. Did you see the pictures?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Someone just tweeted this "Beginning to think that getting your news a day later on a piece of paper really was the way to go."

+ infinity
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

I would be really really careful about what pictures I post and point out. I realize people want to be helpful, but imagine if those 2 guys are innocent...it's on the internet that people are pointing them out to be suspicious, and those pictures are not going to go away very easily.

I am aware of that. All I am saying is it looks suspicious. Did you see the pictures?

yes, I did see the pictures, like in the one picture when one guy is mingling with the crowd and doesn't have the backpack anymore? Personally I don't keep wearing my backpack, I take it off, and hold it by the top handle so I don't push people around in the crowd. I've seen other people do that, he could have done that too.

I'm just looking at the overall bigger picture. If that really is they guy, he most likely is on an international flight right now.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes, I did see the pictures, like in the one picture when one guy is mingling with the crowd and doesn't have the backpack anymore? Personally I don't keep wearing my backpack, I take it off, and hold it by the top handle so I don't push people around in the crowd. I've seen other people do that, he could have done that too.

I'm just looking at the overall bigger picture. If that really is they guy, he most likely is on an international flight right now.

True he could be holding it.

Agreed about him leaving the country. That is probably why the FBI is pissed that the info that they have video and are looking for somebody leaked out. If the guy thinks hes safe they have a better chance of finding him.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Lets bring humanity back to Earth
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That was amazing. The loudest anthem I ever heard. I always wanted to go to Boston, now I want to even more.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That was amazing. The loudest anthem I ever heard. I always wanted to go to Boston, now I want to even more.

Incredible.

I have always disliked Boston for obvious reasons. Over the past 2 years, I have been spending a lot of time there for work, a couple times a month. I am really looking forward to heading up next week and just seeing the place and knowing everything is okay.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Incredible.

I have always disliked Boston for obvious reasons. Over the past 2 years, I have been spending a lot of time there for work, a couple times a month. I am really looking forward to heading up next week and just seeing the place and knowing everything is okay.

I guarantee there weren't many dry eyes in the arena after that.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

I guarantee there weren't many dry eyes in the arena after that.

Not many in my apartment either
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Salute.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    this makes me sick to my stomach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hM7Ura6Q4w

:nono: they should have to run the entire course of the marathon fully suited up in fireman's gear...O2 tanks included, if they think they can profit off of a tragedy. :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    this makes me sick to my stomach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hM7Ura6Q4w

:nono: they should have to run the entire course of the marathon fully suited up in fireman's gear...O2 tanks included, if they think they can profit off of a tragedy. :evil:

Yeah, I saw that the other day too. I hope these people see their faces and the people they know see their faces and they are ashamed of them. They should be, its disgusting. Just goes to show you the world is full of good and bad people. Not far from here you have people potentially risking their lives to help victims dieing on the sidewalk and these pieces of shit are skipping around with their stolen jackets. Maybe a few are actual runners that didn't get their jackets but most are not. Certainly not the guy with the green shirt and cigarette.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    I had a dear friend move to Boston from Dallas last summer, and today I finally heard back from her thankfully. She mentioned she was at the 24.5 mile mark with her bf and some friends cheering people on, and was about to go to the finish line but decided to head home because she was behind in studying. She said most likely she would have been right there when the blasts went off. I am beyond thankful for her safety and for her friends being fine as well.

Thoughts and prayers for all those whose lives were forever changed by this.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    edited April 2013
    Found some zoomed in video (.gif) and still photos on Reddit

Jesus Chirist....
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    condolances to those hurt by these douche bags.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Some crazy shit went down last night.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Some crazy shit went down last night.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Something is happening now in Willow Park.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    One dead, one holed up in a house. Hope that asshole doesnt kill himself. Muslim Chechnyans. Hope nobody else gets hurt.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    One dead, one holed up in a house. Hope that asshole doesnt kill himself. Muslim Chechnyans. Hope nobody else gets hurt.

He will cause his dumbass thinks he will get 72 virgins. Jokes on him it's 72 virgin dudes in thier 40's playing xbox.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:

He will cause his dumbass thinks he will get 72 virgins. Jokes on him it's 72 virgin dudes in thier 40's playing xbox.

Hey, hey, hey... Why do you have to bring Xbox into this? :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    is mail being delivered today in boston?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg