Boston Marathon Explosion

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    An official now saying that the one bomb was stored in a metal pressure cooker which was then placed in a backpack.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    thoughts and prayers to all those affected in Beantown .
    Special kudos to all the first responders and hospital workers
    who ran toward the injured and critical & fatally injured people.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I just heard on the radio a question, "Does this make you more scared of big events."

I'm not. There will always be the good people that help out. There will always be the heroes; not necessarily Wonder Woman, but the next door neighbor who happens to know the best escape routes, or the barista who can direct me to the nearest shelter.

I definitely second, third, and fourth the kudos for the heroes of yesterday's violence; whether first responders, hospital workers, or race staff.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll be the hero. Or, maybe I'll need the hero.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I just heard on the radio a question, "Does this make you more scared of big events."

I'm not. There will always be the good people that help out. There will always be the heroes; not necessarily Wonder Woman, but the next door neighbor who happens to know the best escape routes, or the barista who can direct me to the nearest shelter.

I definitely second, third, and fourth the kudos for the heroes of yesterday's violence; whether first responders, hospital workers, or race staff.

you know..this is how need to see things..
    those fuckin sick people ,murderes,terrorists what ever you want to call them,thet they put the bombs ,their goal is to hurt your way of life,to make you scared,to make you a prisoner to your own house ,to feel fear of even your shadow..
    well,they can go fuck themselfs,cos good will win in the end..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    An official now saying that the one bomb was stored in a metal pressure cooker which was then placed in a backpack.

and they were packed with metal, nails, and ball bearing to inflict immense carnage. My buddy and I were talking today and when they catch whoever did this, they should bound their ankles and hitch them on the trailer hitch of a truck and drag them feet first the entire 26.2 mile route and invite anyone who feels angry about this to line the route and heave rocks, bricks, and anything solid at them the entire way. Whatever's left of them at the end can be lit on fire.

That's justice to me!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/loca ... shows-bag/

Wow, thats scary if that indeed was one of the bombs.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Sending prayers .... :cry:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Prayers to all my friends and family back in my former hometown of Boston. Sad to see and hear all of this tragic event. Copley Square and the Boston Library used to favorite handouts of mine....which are not far from where this tragedy occurred.

Hoping for quick recoveries for the injured and that the runners, Boston Marathon organizers will all come back stronger, safer and better than ever before.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Some horrific images out there.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

yes...the really bad one is of the same man that is being helped by the man in the cowboy hat.

http://www.today.com/id/51563918/ns/tod ... W7A0LXlaSo

First victim taken to the hospital. I have a feeling his employer will take good care of him.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

you know..this is how need to see things..
    those fuckin sick people ,murderes,terrorists what ever you want to call them,thet they put the bombs ,their goal is to hurt your way of life,to make you scared,to make you a prisoner to your own house ,to feel fear of even your shadow..
    well,they can go fuck themselfs,cos good will win in the end..

Correct
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes...the really bad one is of the same man that is being helped by the man in the cowboy hat.

First victim taken to the hospital. I have a feeling his employer will take good care of him.
    Yes, that one. He lost both legs unfortunately.

There is an even worse pic out there of him on the ground after the bomb went off. Not for the weak of stomach.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    RKCNDY wrote:

Yes, that one. He lost both legs unfortunately.

There is an even worse pic out there of him on the ground after the bomb went off. Not for the weak of stomach.

I feel bad for the guy - not only because of his severe injuries - but because those photos are out there floating around. I don't think I would want that if it was me - just makes things look worse. Nobody wants to be seen at their most vulnerable, nor do they want to be something that makes people cringe or sick to their stomach.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    5 pm News Conference: Possible Suspect Id'd from video footage from Lord and Taylors Dept store.
    CNN saying an arrest has been made.
    CNN saying an arrest has been made.
    frok another thread
    1:35pm ET: Boston's local ABC affiliate reports an arrest is either imminent or "has already taken place."

WCVB-TV Boston
    @WCVB
    #BREAKING: According to @WuWCVB, an arrest in #BostonMarathon bombing is imminent or has already taken place.
    AN HOUR AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE

thye just said the same here at Greek tv breaking news
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I feel bad for the guy - not only because of his severe injuries - but because those photos are out there floating around. I don't think I would want that if it was me - just makes things look worse. Nobody wants to be seen at their most vulnerable, nor do they want to be something that makes people cringe or sick to their stomach.

I feel bad for him too. But I tried to put myself in his position, and I'd want those pictures out there for everyone to see. I dont know why. I'd just want people to know. I may not be the norm though.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    jason wrote:

Wow.

That's about all I can say to that.
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    This site is crazy with detailed photos if these are really the guys.

http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

Now talking about conflicting reports on arrests.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    norm wrote:

Way to go, CNN. Ridiculous that you fuck up this story.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

Way to go, CNN. Ridiculous that you fuck up this story.

tumblr_mleyy2lvyr1ql10y6o1_500.png
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    jason wrote:

Most of this is just circling people with backpacks. The one that looks really suspicious are the two guys, one with backpack and one in blue zip up with a duffel bag. Later picture shows them together but guy no longer has backpack. Both appear middle eastern and the guy who no longer has the bag is looking off in a different direction then everybody else. Its a photo so looking off doesn't mean anything but the fact that he no longer has the backpack is very suspicious.

I am sure the FBI is pissed about all this. There is no way they wanted the media reporting that they had pics or video of a suspect. If the person knows they have images of them it will much more difficult to find them or they may just kill themselves.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    jason wrote:

Most of this is just circling people with backpacks. The one that looks really suspicious are the two guys, one with backpack and one in blue zip up with a duffel bag. Later picture shows them together but guy no longer has backpack. Both appear middle eastern and the guy who no longer has the bag is looking off in a different direction then everybody else. Its a photo so looking off doesn't mean anything but the fact that he no longer has the backpack is very suspicious.

I am sure the FBI is pissed about all this. There is no way they wanted the media reporting that they had pics or video of a suspect. If the person knows they have images of them it will much more difficult to find them or they may just kill themselves.
    maybe they leak the video and fotos to media..the authorities maybe use this for others reason,,who knows...i hope they catch who did this
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    jason wrote:

maybe they leak the video and fotos to media..the authorities maybe use this for others reason,,who knows...i hope they catch who did this

Maybe. I am sure they use the media to their advantage at times. This doesnt seem like one of those times though.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    jason wrote:

I would be really really careful about what pictures I post and point out. I realize people want to be helpful, but imagine if those 2 guys are innocent...it's on the internet that people are pointing them out to be suspicious, and those pictures are not going to go away very easily.

I feel bad for him too. But I tried to put myself in his position, and I'd want those pictures out there for everyone to see. I dont know why. I'd just want people to know. I may not be the norm though.

That picture is very moving , the guy with the cowboy hat, Carlos Arredondo is a hero, he likely saved the other man, Jeff's life. (I cannot find Jeff's last name) If it weren't for the picture, Jeff wouldn't know who to thank for saving his life.

that's how I see it anyway.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

Maybe. I am sure they use the media to their advantage at times. This doesnt seem like one of those times though.
    yep..we dont know anything yet.lets see what comes next..fbi will talk to media soon i think.