Boston Marathon Explosion

jasonjason Posts: 468
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Area near the Finish Line is now a crime scene.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    reading now, there were two explosions
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Shit.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I'm watching it also they haven't said yet what caused it.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    wow. watching the feed on cnn.com.

and the original link posted above keeps getting updated with new pictures. looks like a rather large fire ball.
    No Shit! a lot of casualties
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    unreal

those pics are tough to look at

my thoughts go out to everyone effected :(
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    :( the news had to say, "there is a large pool of blood on the ground at the center of your screen"

Surely Mr. Unlost is there helping out.

thoughts are with all families and those affected.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Terrible. My son just got a text from a friend who was running in the marathon and said he and his girlfriend were okay. Ugh. Thoughts and prayers to everybody involved.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Just horrible.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    They say there were two packages at the front of a building.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    That makes me sick. My thoughts are with everyone in Boston :(
    NY Post saying 12 dead.

Terrorist attack?
    NY Post saying 12 dead.

Terrorist attack?

wow, i haven't seen anything confirming deaths yet.

food for thought... if it is terrorism, was this intended for the NYC marathon that was cancelled?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    fuck this world sucks sometimes. i hope the ones just injured are ok. just found out my nephew who lives in boston wasn't in the area so breathing a sigh of relief. hope all the Bostonites around here are ok. god bless everyone there.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    rival. wrote:
    NY Post saying 12 dead.

Terrorist attack?

food for thought... if it is terrorism, was this intended for the NYC marathon that was cancelled?

I think it would be harder to pull off in N.Y., cops and camera's everywhere. scary thought though.
    2 killed, 23 injured per boston police
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rival. wrote:
    NY Post saying 12 dead.

Terrorist attack?

I think it would be harder to pull off in N.Y., cops and camera's everywhere. scary thought though.

interesting fact they pointed out: there were 2 explosions. The first to go off, get attention and bring a large amount of people in one area to aid those injured. The second explosion to do major damage... :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I hate this world sometimes. As a person who was downtown Atlanta in 1996 and had just left Centennial 30 minutes prior to the bombing, this brings back such bad memories. My thoughts are to the people of Boston, the families, and to those who either lost somebody or were injured. What a shitty day this has become.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
    boston police are finding "secondary" devices.

NYC and san fran on high alert? what about chicago? :?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Much love, best wishes and light from across the pond.
    It's scary, it really is!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Terrible. I have a few friends that were running and even more that went in to support them at the finish line. From what I've heard via facebook and text, 3 of my friends running were at Mile 24 and 25 when the explosion happened and their respective spouses and friends were not hurt. Thoughts and prayers to the people who are hurt.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngster wrote:
    Terrible. I have a few friends that were running and even more that went in to support them at the finish line. From what I've heard via facebook and text, 3 of my friends running were at Mile 24 and 25 when the explosion happened and their respective spouses and friends were not hurt. Thoughts and prayers to the people who are hurt.

Glad to hear you and your friends are ok... I was thinking of you.
    Any word from mr. fenway faithful?
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Just heard a 3rd explosive device was disabled according to cnn. I didn't even know the Boston Marathon was today. This is awful. Thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of the victims.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    rival. wrote:
    NY Post saying 12 dead.

Terrorist attack?

I was thinking the same thing.....was this originally planned for the NYC Marathon? I hope no one else will be killed. Just an hour earlier I was speaking my uncle in Boston and he spoke about the Sox and that the marathon passes near by his house. Not turning out to be a Patriotic day at all.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

400x225
    ny post is saying suspect in custody

i'll wait for actual news source to confirm that
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    youngster wrote:

Glad to hear you and your friends are ok... I was thinking of you.
    Any word from mr. fenway faithful?

Yes. He is working in Waltham Ma today.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • thanks for the update youngster...
    you guys stay safe
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

edited April 2013
    Third explosion occured at JFK Library a half hour ago.

Edit: Conflicting reports whether it was a unrelated fire or an actual explosion.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on