Boston Marathon Explosion

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    This is what scares the hell out of me ...

UPDATE: Another suspicious package was reported near the Harvard #MBTA station
    — The Boston Globe (@BostonGlobe) April 15, 2013

Be safe, my Boston friends.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,189
    Man this feels like 9/11 all over again ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm not gonna post it (boston.com), but i just saw ground level video of the 1st explosion...unreal
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    i'm not gonna post it (boston globe), but i just saw ground level video of the 1st explosion...unreal

they keep playing it over and over again on NBC. :nono: bad NBC.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i'm not gonna post it (boston globe), but i just saw ground level video of the 1st explosion...unreal

yeah that's what i'm watching (listening)
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

Yeah, pretty intense.

All cell phone service has been shut down in Boston to prevent possible remote bomb detonations.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • :( Unbelievable!
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Just horrific. :cry:
    I lost a bet...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

that gave me the chills watching it on tv. Almost like 9/11 all over again :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    So sad...my heart and thoughts go out to those affected... :(
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    President on now.

FBI not sure if this is foreign or domestic terrorist act.
    The bombs that went off were smaller/crude in nature.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I've had the news on 10 minutes, and I can't count how many times they have replayed the explosion.

Warm thoughts to all those affected.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    one of the dead is an 8 year old :(
    8 yr old kid confirmed as one of the 2 dead thus far.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Just heard about this. :shock:
    I know a couple people running this too!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I had three close friends there today - two running and one in support. They are all o.k. as they finished before the explosions. I am so thankful, but I'm grieving for those injured and killed.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi

Boston. Fucking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

-- Patton Oswalt
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    the photos out there are pretty horrific.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    What an evil, sick f@*k! 8 years old! What a stupid freaking loser taking away someone's baby and terrifying innocent people. Really sorry to hear this, I know that I'm not the only Aussie that is so incredibly proud of your country's bravery, resilience and togetherness in awful times like this. Thoughts are with you guys. Xx
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    so sad...all the best...hope this is the last time we see something like that..
    really felt like 9/11...

there must be a way all this things to stop./.

and all of you out there,memebrs and fellow fans from Boston..i hope you and your families are safe..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    and something else..
    as all of us i watched the explosions video at youtube and news websites..

in all that mess,i have to say,i ADMIRE ALL those runners,civilians watching the marathon,soldiers,policemen,firemen,that after the first and second explode,insead of running,they went to help the people was down bleeding and try to help and save them..without thinking there is more bombs and they could explode any minute..

that is fuckin great..Heroes of life...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited April 2013
    The sister of the 8yr old boy lost her leg and the mother has a brain injury. All there to watch their dad/husband run. how the fuck would you get past something like this?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The sister of the 8yr old boy lost her leg and the mother has a brain injury. All their to watch their dad/husband run. how the fuck would you get past something like this?
    omg...
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Living an hour and a half away, I've visited Boston countless times. It's a city that is like no other.

From warm summer nights at Fenway to perfect fall days on the Harbor.

see you soon
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The sister of the 8yr old boy lost her leg and the mother has a brain injury. All there to watch their dad/husband run. how the fuck would you get past something like this?

Man, that is just awful. It's a messed up world that we live in.
    if you just for 1 minute think of this....

you realise how precious is life,,and how fuckin silly is to debate about dog collars...
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    if you just for 1 minute think of this....

you realise how precious is life,,and how fuckin silly is to debate about dog collars...
    It definitely puts things in perspective. My thoughts are with those in Boston.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Now its just a matter if this was foreign or domestic?
  • I hope everyone that took photos or video throughout the day, send them to the police to review. It may have something that will lead the police to catch these evil people.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"