Options

Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    So Jimmy still waiting on judge to finalize right? Any discussions on him changing to life?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I would like to have seen him shoved into a supermax and forgotten. Now he will be in the news off and on for years.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Tsarnaev to be formally sentenced on June 28th.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Death. Very appropriate even though he says he's sorry. We don't need to be laundering his clothes, cooking his meals, giving him access to internet and allowing him to receive fan mail from other idiots.

Ed Fucarile, the father of Marc, who lost his right leg, said: "The first time I saw you in this courtroom, you were smirking at all the victims for your unspeakable cowardly act. You don't seem to be smirking today.''

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/boston-bomber-apologises-to-victims/ar-AAc4gf5?ocid=mailsignoutmd
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I would like to have seen him shoved into a supermax and forgotten. Now he will be in the news off and on for years.

As much as I agree with the death penalty for people like him I always support life in prison if they are convicted young enough. Have fun fucker.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/05/13/inside-supermax-prison-orig.cnn

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited June 2015

Death. Very appropriate even though he says he's sorry. We don't need to be laundering his clothes, cooking his meals, giving him access to internet and allowing him to receive fan mail from other idiots.

Ed Fucarile, the father of Marc, who lost his right leg, said: "The first time I saw you in this courtroom, you were smirking at all the victims for your unspeakable cowardly act. You don't seem to be smirking today.''

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/boston-bomber-apologises-to-victims/ar-AAc4gf5?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Yes, Thirty - can we (honestly, can we?) eliminate the internet for him, and cut off what I'm sure is a long, sad line of either misguided or delusional young women who have been swooning over this piece of shit?

Also, to Mr. Fucarile, a-fucking-men. Pretty sure he echoed many of our thoughts.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Killing is wrong. No justifying.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Killing is wrong. No justifying.

You are correct. That's why we respond with such a harsh penalty for 'killers'.

It is wrong to blow people up for kicks and there can be no justification for doing so. I really wish this shitbird didn't do what he did so (1) all those innocent people were not maimed and killed and (2) we weren't forced to respond with a punishment that fit the crime.

Glad to see you've come around!
  • Options
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Options
    callen said:

Only one wrong in this scenario.
  • Options
    Eye for an eye

callen said:

....... as we're both on team PJ will give you last word.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mickeyrat said:
    so then give him to ol' sparky.......

Godfather.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Textbook death penalty case. He received the sentence he deserved.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    callen said:

Eye for an eye

callen said:

....... as we're both on team PJ will give you last word.
    Okay... here is the last word.

To be truly eye for an eye, we would need to place a homemade, pressure cooker bomb in his cell. It would need to be designated to go off at some random point in time. We would also need to place a few of his loved ones in the cell awaiting the explosion as well. Even then, we still could not parallel the horror he inflicted that day (not that we'd want to).

What we are doing is infinitely more merciful than what his victims received. Hardly 'eye for an eye'.

• Options
    it's easy for me joke about "ol' sparky" but I have to say I'm still uncertin of the death penalty because of my faith, I just don't know, but if that had been my family member who was killed I may think a little harder on the death penalty.

Godfather.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763

it's easy for me joke about "ol' sparky" but I have to say I'm still uncertin of the death penalty because of my faith, I just don't know, but if that had been my family member who was killed I may think a little harder on the death penalty.

Godfather.

Emotion shouldn't determine whether you favor the death penalty or not.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 said:

Godfather.

Welcome back.

Agree.

Read the posts favoring killing the Fkers and see the same emotional rage as what killers have. More killing doesn't help in any way. It hurts. Cheapens our society and though not religious agree that no one has the right to end another's life prematurely except God/natural causes. And if you do you will be punished and not allowed to walk amount us. Simple.

Thirty, Team Pj silence has reached statute of limitations. 48 hours.

• Options
    callen said:

know1 said:

Godfather.

Welcome back.

Agree.

Read the posts favoring killing the Fkers and see the same emotional rage as what killers have. More killing doesn't help in any way. It hurts. Cheapens our society and though not religious agree that no one has the right to end another's life prematurely except God/natural causes. And if you do you will be punished and not allowed to walk amount us. Simple.

if it were my family member who was killed emotion would put me prison .

Godfather.

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2015
    callen said:

know1 said:

Godfather.

and though not religious agree that no one has the right to end another's life prematurely except God/natural causes.
    oohh k
    god has the right to end another's life prematurely?
  • Options

callen said:

know1 said:

Godfather.

and though not religious agree that no one has the right to end another's life prematurely except God/natural causes.
    oohh k
    god has the right to end another's life prematurely?

here we go !

Godfather.

• Options
    ^^^^^
    Honestly Not meant to derail.
    Just hard to stay engaged in a topic with anyone when they bring god stuffing into the mix.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

^^^^^
    Just hard to stay engaged in a topic with anyone when they bring god stuffing into the mix.

Ya but callen isn't a religious nut job.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

^^^^^

That he is not.
    Which is why I find his statement about god having the right to end someone's life prematurely doesn't conflict with his other view of more killing is not the answer, that two wrongs don't make a right.
    Why would anyone have a right to kill someone?
    You can't be for god having free will to kill us yet be against the death penalty.
    That is an absurd opinion to have and stand by.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I found his apology very strange, especially considering the reports that he was fairly stone faced before and after.
  • Options

I found his apology very strange, especially considering the reports that he was fairly stone faced before and after.

The reality of his fate began to sink in- he doesn't want to die. Who does?

Hoping for people to overlook the magnitude of his crime and extend mercy, he began to play the 'poor me I'm so sorry' role that sometimes tends to work. Basically, he tried to worm his way out of the mess he made for himself.
  • Options
    I just spent some time re-reading a lot of the posts and remembering some of the opinions of AMT members concerning the death penalty, looking at it from an over-all view I see this;
    people are getting fed up with mass killings, rapes and so on, so the death penalty is less barbaric
    to them...the world is changing and all of us have a hand in it, we (us,the media,the public) even pretend to know what a young man is thinking as he sits in court and so we doubt the sincerity of his apology bassed on his "stone look" during his trial.
    love, peace and equal rights are a grand idea....till you piss us off.

Godfather.

• Options

badbrains said:

^^^^^

That he is not.
    Which is why I find his statement about god having the right to end someone's life prematurely doesn't conflict with his other view of more killing is not the answer, that two wrongs don't make a right.
    Why would anyone have a right to kill someone?
    You can't be for god having free will to kill us yet be against the death penalty.
    That is an absurd opinion to have and stand by.
    I equate god with nature hence the slash but wanted to correlate how my views align with Know1's.
  • Options

callen said:

know1 said:

Godfather.

Welcome back.

Agree.

Godfather.

Yeah I get that and may do the same who knows. Still in society we can't have revenge killings and can't have the state do them for us. Wrong on so many levels.
  • Options
    callen said:

callen said:

know1 said:

Godfather.

Welcome back.

Agree.

Godfather.

Yeah I get that and may do the same who knows. Still in society we can't have revenge killings and can't have the state do them for us. Wrong on so many levels.
    it's kind of funny how we personalize the death penalty for ourselfs (I'm guilty) but we can always chalk it off to "human nature" LOL! but in the end the act of killing in any situation is the same...someone is dead and there is no bringing them back, then we might wonder "was that the right thing to do ?"
    personally I wonder if taking a life as an act of punishment is a choice that is mine to make, if a man kills another (murder) I believe that he or she will have to account for that themeslfs someday.
    this is why I never last as a jurror when I'm called,I just would have a hard time answering the request of a death penalty, but I'll tell you this .....almost every man has the ability to kill in the right (or wrong) situation and how they deal with it is different for each person.

Godfather.