Options

Pearl Jam Headline VooDoo Fest in New Orleans

Comments

• Options
    j3brow1j3brow1 Posts: 37
    j3brow1 wrote:
    Hey guys -- looking forward to Voodoo but haven't purchased tickets yet. For those who have gone to Voodoo Fest in prior years, as far as I can tell purchasing VIP tickets do not offer better seating just access to perks - parking, bathrooms, rest areas etc. and a spot in covered pavilion seating WAY in the back (no way im sitting in the back!!). Is it really worth the extra dollars??

Also, for purpose of planning, is it like jazz fest with people claiming lawn with blankets, etc or are everyone just packed together? does the crowd "change over" with each set or must you grab your real estate early and not move? I am not expecting to be able to ride the rail -- dont have the stamina and like to partake a few beers and mingle around -- but would like to be no more than "half way back on the floor" distance if this were an arena show. thanks for input.

Unless someone has been lying to me, there is an entire area in front of Mccready for VIP.

See message #23 in this link for the pic. You can see the defined area up front to the right of the pic... directly in front of the stage!

It was on the voodoo site but I can't find it.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthre ... ience-2013

thanks!! i think you are correct ..... voodoo fest webpage now explicitly states VIP credentials gets access to front of stage seating. done deal, i am purchasing VIP credentials!!!!!!!!!
    the all encompassing trip
  • Options
    TP10396TP10396 Posts: 9
    I was fortunate to get free VIP the year STP played and they are terrible seats. Pretty far from the stage and not worth it. You get 2 drink tickets and some food. Way over-priced. Buy the weekend pass and get a reasonably priced hotel from TravelZoo. Usually the Wyndam is available for $90 for the night and downtown is about a 15 minute cab ride to the venue.
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 793
    I purchased VIP. I think it is going to be great!

I'm a little worried about the rest of the lineup but hope they announce soon and hurry up and announce when PJ will be playing. I'm thinking Friday is the best bet. No way they play Sunday
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Anyone know which date PJ is going to perform at Voodoo? I've got the opportunity to go - very excited! Just want to know which date they'll be on stage just so I'm sure I'm in town for it.

Any idea? :-)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Fuck it... bought my ticket/wristband anyhow... I'm in! So fucking stoked!!!!!!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    djklambake wrote:

:clap::clap::clap:

Hopefully we will know the daily schedule soon!! They don't officially release it till Septemeber, I think, but hopefully leaks will start before then:)

Can't wait!!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    loolooloo wrote:
    djklambake wrote:

:clap::clap::clap:

Hopefully we will know the daily schedule soon!! They don't officially release it till Septemeber, I think, but hopefully leaks will start before then:)

Can't wait!!

God I hope something leaks soon... I imagine PJ might be reserved for the 3rd (which would probably work best for me)... But I'm going no matter what!! Pretty pleased w/ this decision :-)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    joannawilsonjoannawilson Posts: 341
    I have a feeling they'll be playing on Friday, but can't be sure. The Voodoo website says September 5th for daily schedules!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    well i won't be able to make it. I know it's early but if there's a NOLA themed PJ shirt (like the Wrigley stuff we're seeing now) can someone pick me up one??? PLEASEEEEEEEEE.
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    well i won't be able to make it. I know it's early but if there's a NOLA themed PJ shirt (like the Wrigley stuff we're seeing now) can someone pick me up one??? PLEASEEEEEEEEE.

If one comes out, and you remind me I will try to get you one! Just pm when it gets closer :)

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    awesome. thank you!
  • Options
    Chloe Dancer/COT in New Orleans! It only makes sense! :)
  • Options

pleasepleasepleaseeeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    loolooloo wrote:

pleasepleasepleaseeeeeeeeeeee

I had a previous request as well.

It was so epic that I need to see it again!!!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    I can put together a whole setlist if necessary. :)
    I can't wait!!
  • Options
    Coming to Voodoo? Join our group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/167454666771552/
  • Options
    SM168759SM168759 Posts: 43
    The wife and I will be there.. we've been going to Voodoo for a few years now and PJ just gave us 10X more reasons to go again!
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Options
    SM168759SM168759 Posts: 43
    Hey Joanna, sent you a friend request on FB, and a request to join the group too.
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Options
    Woohoo! We're also planning a party, so everyone be sure to RSVP to that, too. Details to come!
  • Options
    TP10396TP10396 Posts: 9
    Put your party boots, singing shoes, and drinking glasses on as we're going to get down and dirty for this MOFO. Wrigley was beyond EPIC and I doubt anything will beat that for me unless I see them in a small town in Italy one day but seeing them in my hometown is tough to beat.

As Joanna mentioned, we are planning a party with The Five Horizons Foundation. We're looking at raising money for Team Gleason (ALS) and Autism. More details to come soon as I will be conducting a small army of PJ pub crawlers to scoop out our party sites. If PJ plays on Saturday or Sunday, we should have a our own little PJ pub crawl the day before.

"I'll ride the wave, where it takes meeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
  • Options
    they announced the rest of the lineup minus the 3rd headliner. The Revivalists are really good!
  • Options
    they announced the rest of the lineup minus the 3rd headliner. The Revivalists are really good!

I am very disappointed in the lineup. Will not take away from the weekend but was looking for a deeper mix of artists. It got thin very quickly in that group.

Who should I brush up on from the list that came out today?
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    I can tell you which New Orleans bands I like. So, if you have time and you're interested in experiencing all sorts of New Orleans music (brass bands, jazz, quirky, bounce, etc...we do a lot of shit here!), these are my suggetions:
    Preservation Jazz Hall Band
    Flow Tribe
    Quintron & Miss Pussycat
    Big History

I hope they announce the third headliner soon! The anticipation is killing me!

ALSO, if anyone plans on being here for the weekend, there are usually a lot of great post-Voodoo shows. I'll keep you up to date once things start getting announced.
  • Options
    TP10396 wrote:
    Put your party boots, singing shoes, and drinking glasses on as we're going to get down and dirty for this MOFO. Wrigley was beyond EPIC and I doubt anything will beat that for me unless I see them in a small town in Italy one day but seeing them in my hometown is tough to beat.

As Joanna mentioned, we are planning a party with The Five Horizons Foundation. We're looking at raising money for Team Gleason (ALS) and Autism. More details to come soon as I will be conducting a small army of PJ pub crawlers to scoop out our party sites. If PJ plays on Saturday or Sunday, we should have a our own little PJ pub crawl the day before.

"I'll ride the wave, where it takes meeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Awesome! Team Gleason a perfect match, of course! Starting to get excitttteddd!

• Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264

I'm not on the Facebook but want to get involved in this!
  • Options
    This may be old news, but I just noticed on the tour list on the new PJ app that the New Orleans show is listed as being November 1st. I hadn't seen anything from VooDoo confirming what night they would play.
  • Options
    I think the rumor is they'll play the 1st, but it's not confirmed. If you check the tour page on the website, it says Nov 1 on the far left, but then under the section where you "buy" tickets, it's still listed as Nov 1-3 TBD.

Nitro, you can email me and I'll make sure myself, Joe, or Tavis get with you. Do you live in New Orleans?
  • Options
    Dear people coming from out of town, looking for fun things to do -
    Rebirth Brass Band is playing the last show of Jazz in the Park on October 31st. This is in Armstrong Park, which is just across Rampart Street from the French Quarter, and the music is from 4pm-8pm. You won't be disappointed!
  • Options
    Griff14Griff14 Posts: 36
    Quick question, I hope someone has the answer. Would Loa VIP tickets get me access in front of the stage or is it just a designated area off to the side (like some other typical festivals)? Thanks for the help.
    09/16/05 (Ottawa), 05/09/06 (Toronto), 08/21/09 (Toronto), 09/11/11 (Toronto), 07/16/13 (London), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/11/13 (Pittsburgh), 10/12/13 (Buffalo), 11/01/13 (New Orleans), 12/02/2013 (Calgary), 12/04/13 (Vancouver), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 09/16/2014 (Detroit), 09/17/2014 (Moline), 04/08/2016 (Ft. Lauderdale), 04/09/2016 (Miami), 05/05/2016 (Quebec City), 05/08/2016 (Ottawa), 05/10/2016 (Toronto), 05/12/2016 (Toronto), 08/20/2016 (Wrigley), 08/22/2016 (Wrigley)

Europe 2014: Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Leeds, Milton Keynes.

• Options
    front of the stage. check out the map on the website