Options

Pearl Jam Headline VooDoo Fest in New Orleans

Comments

• Options
    gremmiegalgremmiegal Posts: 46
    Anyone have any good ideas on where to stay? We're going to stay in the French Quarter for a couple of days after the fest, but didn't see the point in paying a lot for a room we're barely going to use for the first few days we're there. Just want an area that is safe and has good transit access.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    gremmiegal wrote:
    Anyone have any good ideas on where to stay? We're going to stay in the French Quarter for a couple of days after the fest, but didn't see the point in paying a lot for a room we're barely going to use for the first few days we're there. Just want an area that is safe and has good transit access.
    Thanks!

To clarify, you are staying in the Quarter but then want to get out of the quarter and stay somewhere else (cheaper) after the fest? For a unique place, try The Columns (http://www.thecolumns.com/tour-the-columns/) It's an old mansion that has a great bar, live music, and just so happens to have rooms available for rent. Right on the streetcar line for easy access to downtown. Not sure of your budget though!

I'm a local, so feel free to PM me and I can send you some other suggestions that meet your criteria!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    loolooloo wrote:
    gremmiegal wrote:
    Thanks!

To clarify, you are staying in the Quarter but then want to get out of the quarter and stay somewhere else (cheaper) after the fest? For a unique place, try The Columns (http://www.thecolumns.com/tour-the-columns/) It's an old mansion that has a great bar, live music, and just so happens to have rooms available for rent. Right on the streetcar line for easy access to downtown. Not sure of your budget though!

I'm a local, so feel free to PM me and I can send you some other suggestions that meet your criteria!

Place looks cool... Might be too "chill" for my crew of 6-8 solo, married dudes. Staying at Harrahs to mix it up. Not everyone is into the earlier bands. As if I needed to provide more distractions in New Orleans! Can't wait.
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    TP10396TP10396 Posts: 9
    LooLooLoo - I live in New Orleans (right outside but grew up there) and can help. What are you looking to pay.

Sign up for TravelZoo as you can get great deals as low as $95/night which also includes drinks at the Wyndam. You may also try VRBO for places to stay in the French Quarter of Uptown New Orleans. Both will be 15 min cab rides to City Park.

You can always email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tpiattoly@gmail.com">tpiattoly@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. We're headed up to Wrigley if anyone else is going. We'd love to meet up with other PJ fans.

TP
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    if anyone needs tickets and hasn't bought theirs yet, I have 2 for sale. face value of course. I can't find any reasonably priced flights so I'm scratching the trip.
  • Options
    jw234911jw234911 annapolis maryland Posts: 255
    any one from maryland going down iam thinking of getting VIP tix to see Pearl Jam
  • Options
    jw234911 wrote:
    any one from maryland going down iam thinking of getting VIP tix to see Pearl Jam

I am in for VIP. Going to be worth every penny for the 2 headliners announced. everything else is gravy!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

• Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    JK36392 wrote:
    if anyone needs tickets and hasn't bought theirs yet, I have 2 for sale. face value of course. I can't find any reasonably priced flights so I'm scratching the trip.

:) Do you have any idea what day they are headlining?
  • Options
    donnaruhl wrote:
    JK36392 wrote:

Daily schedule to be released on sept 5th.

Supposed to get full lineup soon. Has always been late June!

• Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    donnaruhl wrote:
    JK36392 wrote:

nope
  • Options
    I've got my passes and hotel paid for .......cant wait will be my 1st time to see the band. I've see Eddie on his solo stuff but to experience the band live. Man I'm Stoked!!
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    I've got my passes and hotel paid for .......cant wait will be my 1st time to see the band. I've see Eddie on his solo stuff but to experience the band live. Man I'm Stoked!!

you will be amazed when you see them live for the first time! it happened to all of us ;)
    AND
    you get to be in NOLA=best city in the usa!

u r set up to have FUN :clap::clap:
  • Options
    cpsilo1cpsilo1 Posts: 73
    Very heavy rumors from those in the know here in NOLA that PJ will be playing Friday and NIN Sunday.
  • Options
    joannawilsonjoannawilson Posts: 341
    Finally renewed my 10c membership! Yay me!
    So, anyway, here's what I think PJ should do at Voodoo...
    Last year, Neil Young headlined one of the days and apparently did a set of "unknown" songs. By unknown, I mean he did songs that weren't well known to the casual fan. You had to be a die-hard to really appreciate it. Everyone complains about how PJ does "popular" songs at festivals, so I think they should go the Uncle Neil route and give fans a treat!
  • Options
    preichepreiche Posts: 8
    cpsilo1 wrote:
    Very heavy rumors from those in the know here in NOLA that PJ will be playing Friday and NIN Sunday.
    Yep I think that is how is going to be
    preiche
  • Options
    Tickets purchased, hotel is paid for, and I just booked my flights last week. All I need to do is find a pet sitter and I'm set. NOLA is for certain. I'll cross my fingers for the PNW shows. :D
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    We're going to have a blasty-blast!!
  • Options
    We're going to have a blasty-blast!!
    :D:lol::D:lol:
  • Options
    Tour announcement- Check
    Album Announcement- On its way
    VooDoo Lineup- Let's Go!!!!!

• Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    Just got my tickets for this. Stoked on PJ and NIN. Had to splurge for the VIP tix.

If anyone wants to meet up and be awesome let me know.
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    Just got my tickets for this. Stoked on PJ and NIN. Had to splurge for the VIP tix.

If anyone wants to meet up and be awesome let me know.

I'm down. I do VIP for voodoo every year. I'll show you the ins and outs!!
  • Options
    I don't have VIP tickets, but surely we can still meet up. I don't have any friends here who like PJ.
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I'm debating on Voodoo now that the tour announcement has been made. I am doing Wrigley next week, hopefully Dallas, OKC, and maybe San Diego. I am not sure if Voodoo will be a bit much....
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    I don't have VIP tickets, but surely we can still meet up. I don't have any friends here who like PJ.

Well, we haven't technically met, but I'm a NOLA PJ fan! We are out here, I promise! Joanna- did you put in for any lotteries?

• Options
    Haha, yeah, you're right about that!! So we'll make Voodoo our official first meeting. :) Wanna get there early for the front?
    Not doing any other lotteries...mostly because I'm POOR! If I could pay for the shows at the time they came around, rather than now, I'd be all about whichever is closest.
  • Options
    Haha, yeah, you're right about that!! So we'll make Voodoo our official first meeting. :) Wanna get there early for the front?
    Not doing any other lotteries...mostly because I'm POOR! If I could pay for the shows at the time they came around, rather than now, I'd be all about whichever is closest.

Sometimes I open another credit card for pearl jam!!! :o:o

I would love to try for the rail!! We shall plan accordingly :)

• Options
    Lord knows I don't need another credit card! I'm finally about to finish paying the ones I have now.
    YAY I can't wait for Voodoo!
  • Options
    j3brow1j3brow1 Posts: 37
    Hey guys -- looking forward to Voodoo but haven't purchased tickets yet. For those who have gone to Voodoo Fest in prior years, as far as I can tell purchasing VIP tickets do not offer better seating just access to perks - parking, bathrooms, rest areas etc. and a spot in covered pavilion seating WAY in the back (no way im sitting in the back!!). Is it really worth the extra dollars??

Also, for purpose of planning, is it like jazz fest with people claiming lawn with blankets, etc or are everyone just packed together? does the crowd "change over" with each set or must you grab your real estate early and not move? I am not expecting to be able to ride the rail -- dont have the stamina and like to partake a few beers and mingle around -- but would like to be no more than "half way back on the floor" distance if this were an arena show. thanks for input.
    the all encompassing trip
  • Options
    I've never gotten VIP tickets for Voodoo, but I think you're right about the perks. I wouldn't pay for that, to be honest.
    It's not going to be hot, so who cares about shady seating?
    Port-o-potties are gross no matter who uses them!
    You can park away from City Park and take the streetcar, so meh to parking.

As for claiming real estate, I do believe people are going to get there early and ride out the crowd/other bands to be close for PJ. I feel like the crowd won't be too tight until it gets closer to PJ time...unless Macklemore plays the same stage right before PJ. My plan is to get there early and stay at that stage (and hope no other bands I want to see play different stages!)
    With new PJ friends around, I think we can hold spots for each other while we get drunk and leave to pee.
  • Options
    j3brow1 wrote:
    Hey guys -- looking forward to Voodoo but haven't purchased tickets yet. For those who have gone to Voodoo Fest in prior years, as far as I can tell purchasing VIP tickets do not offer better seating just access to perks - parking, bathrooms, rest areas etc. and a spot in covered pavilion seating WAY in the back (no way im sitting in the back!!). Is it really worth the extra dollars??

Also, for purpose of planning, is it like jazz fest with people claiming lawn with blankets, etc or are everyone just packed together? does the crowd "change over" with each set or must you grab your real estate early and not move? I am not expecting to be able to ride the rail -- dont have the stamina and like to partake a few beers and mingle around -- but would like to be no more than "half way back on the floor" distance if this were an arena show. thanks for input.

Unless someone has been lying to me, there is an entire area in front of Mccready for VIP.

See message #23 in this link for the pic. You can see the defined area up front to the right of the pic... directly in front of the stage!

It was on the voodoo site but I can't find it.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthre ... ience-2013