Options

Pearl Jam Headline VooDoo Fest in New Orleans

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,584
    LukinFan wrote:
    Hi, if probably the band will play the south, normally what are the main cities they could visit?

im from LATAM and want to book a flight to miami on mid oct, hoping some gig near....
    I wouldn't count on a show anywhere near Miami - hope I'm wrong though

Yeah, there aren't any cities in the south that they frequent anymore. Better wait for the dates.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    In for Voodoo! Always wanted to go to New Orleans. Now we need some nice drivable East coast dates to help the ole wallet out.....
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    LukinFan wrote:

Looking at your icon, I was wondering if you were joining me on the extreme sadness that Pearl Jam chose the day of FSU-Miami (FSU's biggest home game this year and I am a season ticket holder), to play.

My two worlds crash on the same day. I'm desperately hoping they play some other date in the south. Atlanta wouldn't surprise me.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    has anyone ever been to voodoo with vip tix? im considering getting them since the site says you will have access to the front row. it also says there are elevated cargo bins. from the interactive map, it appears there is a section on the front right of the stage, next to the loa lounge (?), but then about 100 yards from the stage there are those cargo bins in a triangular pattern. either of those spots would be prime for me, but i want to know if i get those tix, i at least have the opportunity to be right near the stage
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    has anyone ever been to voodoo with vip tix? im considering getting them since the site says you will have access to the front row. it also says there are elevated cargo bins. from the interactive map, it appears there is a section on the front right of the stage, next to the loa lounge (?), but then about 100 yards from the stage there are those cargo bins in a triangular pattern. either of those spots would be prime for me, but i want to know if i get those tix, i at least have the opportunity to be right near the stage

i'm also on the fence... so please someone fill us in
  • Options

i'm also on the fence... so please someone fill us in

i posted to their twitter account last night, but no response yet. whoever runs it was actively answering questions yesterday. i also posted in a nin forum so if i hear anything, i will let you know
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,015
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Australia in Feb or March would be sweeeeeet! :)

Congrats American friends on the upcoming tour!

Surely this means a pretty extensive South tour.

Do you think they may still squeeze in Aus/NZ this year? :?:
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    I've done VIP for Voodoo for the past four years. There is a VIP infront of the stage on the left hand side. It is a pretty big area. There is nothing infront of you but the press pit and the stage. The boxes for VIP are about 200 feet or so back on the left hand side. VIp is worth it for the weekend. Hope to see yall there!
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    New Orleans hotel site hit me up on Yahoo and there seems to be quite a few Hilton's there. I just need to know,In what part of the City is the Voodoo Fest? I don't want to be to far away from the Event.Also have they stated what night Pearl Jam will play?
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    donnaruhl wrote:
    New Orleans hotel site hit me up on Yahoo and there seems to be quite a few Hilton's there. I just need to know,In what part of the City is the Voodoo Fest? I don't want to be to far away from the Event.Also have they stated what night Pearl Jam will play?

Voodoo fest will be held at the brand spanking new festival grounds in City Park, smack dab in the middle of the city - easy access from your downtown hotels or from metairie. Feel free to PM hotel locations and I'll give you the heads up if I can! :)

I don't think they put out the day by day till the fall :(
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I might go. It's a short drive. Any travel buddies out there? ;)
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    ComeToTX wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Hi, if probably the band will play the south, normally what are the main cities they could visit?

im from LATAM and want to book a flight to miami on mid oct, hoping some gig near....

Yeah, there aren't any cities in the south that they frequent anymore. Better wait for the dates.

Austin isn't in the South? :? I need to look at da map.
  • Options
    I've done VIP for Voodoo for the past four years. There is a VIP infront of the stage on the left hand side. It is a pretty big area. There is nothing infront of you but the press pit and the stage. The boxes for VIP are about 200 feet or so back on the left hand side. VIp is worth it for the weekend. Hope to see yall there!
    excellent. thanks for the info. pretty much sells me on getting the vip tix
  • Options
    donnaruhl wrote:
    im a hilton gold member (almost diamond, again) and i cant use points that weekend. pretty mad about that since i have 400,000 points sitting in my account.
  • Options
    thank you sir!
  • Options

http://www.worshipthemusic.com/assets/stage78.jpg

so "mike's side" in this pic and then the lit up area further back are the containers?

wish i had bought the vip at 300
  • Options
    yeah. I buy it early every year.If i dont go i sell it right before
  • Options
    TE197108TE197108 Posts: 3
    You know you really really love a band when your willing to spend 48 bones on a No Code dog collar. Absolutely worth it!
    Bus Stop Boxer (TE)
  • Options
    why they played voodoo years ago, pj should of played where the nba team plays instead and have their own show, what with all the festivals, is pj selling out for more money, they playing festivals now cause it pay more than their own arena shows? man I hate these festivals, half the time you got to sit through a bunch of shit bands to get to pearl jam, maybe voodoo will have a better lineup, but philly last year sucked jay z barf, bunch of rap crap barf.

they should grab at the drive in, and do a tour with them opening, cedric said he wanted to open for pj and that the best opening band ever maybe
  • Options
    maybe Tool can get added to this lineup
  • Options
    why they played voodoo years ago, pj should of played where the nba team plays instead and have their own show, what with all the festivals, is pj selling out for more money, they playing festivals now cause it pay more than their own arena shows? man I hate these festivals, half the time you got to sit through a bunch of shit bands to get to pearl jam, maybe voodoo will have a better lineup, but philly last year sucked jay z barf, bunch of rap crap barf.

they should grab at the drive in, and do a tour with them opening, cedric said he wanted to open for pj and that the best opening band ever maybe
    I love festivals - and its great for people who have a diverse taste in music. they will play some of their own arena shows. besides you knew PJ was coming on at 9 .... what forced you to sit the the "shit bands"?
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,554

That's pretty cool. Is there ever a point where that front area gets too crowded and they stop letting VIP people go in?
  • Options
    i'm sure but it is a pretty big area
  • Options
    In for VIP! Hotel booked at Harrahs. Can't wait for the Big Easy! It is a professional party city where PJ will simply be dessert!

I was at MIA. You did not have to sit thru jayz or any other musician for that matter. I showed up half way thru drakes set and had no problem moving up toward the statue by VIP for PJ.

Voodoo going to be sick. More artisits tba. See everyone there.

2013 shaping up nicely... Wrigley, voodoo, plus a northeast tour date in my future!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    In for VIP! Hotel booked at Harrahs. Can't wait for the Big Easy! It is a professional party city where PJ will simply be dessert!

I was at MIA. You did not have to sit thru jayz or any other musician for that matter. I showed up half way thru drakes set and had no problem moving up toward the statue by VIP for PJ.

Voodoo going to be sick. More artisits tba. See everyone there.

2013 shaping up nicely... Wrigley, voodoo, plus a northeast tour date in my future!
    Which day is P.J. playing?
  • Options
    The News Thread still hasn't said what day they're playing
    and I can't afford all three days. By the time I find out,either all the hotels will be booked or the flights in will be hell of expensive. I could make it an all encompassing road trip, and save a little money there, and what an adventure that would be. I'd still need accommodations. And the price is what? 175.00 a day for the festival?
    That would be the most expensive Birthday present I ever spent on myself. :)
  • Options
    JM255624JM255624 Posts: 2
    Hey, will Ten Club be offering VIP passes to Voodoo? I was a member when Deluna Fest went on sale last year, I bought VIP tickets through another vendor then found out Ten Club sold tickets as well.

Peace!
  • Options
    they should grab at the drive in
    barf
  • Options
    do they sell individual days eventually?

or

is the vip structured so that you can't sell off your other days?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,584
    STAYSEA wrote:

Austin isn't in the South? :? I need to look at da map.[/quote]

They frequent Austin? One festival show since 1995.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.