Options

Pearl Jam Headline VooDoo Fest in New Orleans

Comments

• Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Mike to play Voodoo Child at Voodoo Fest!!

+ eleventy billion!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,618
    I'm with you, but Dallas seems to be a lock.... we hope anyways :wtf:

ComeToTX wrote:
    Not getting my hopes up. See ACL Fest 2009.

Blaming you if it doesn't! ;)
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Pearl Jam + NIN = Heaven

This :thumbup:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Mike to play Voodoo Child at Voodoo Fest!!
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    VIP pass bought! hopefully there is a nice little trail of shows to attend leading into this weekend!
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    edited April 2013
    Sea wrote:

As mentioned previously, Pearl Jam is expected to announce a host of Fall U.S. tour dates. We anticipate the band's Voodoo performance to be the final show of that series of dates.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRKKHH.

Edit: I had to pick my vacation weeks two months ago, and I went with the remaining available week in November instead of the available week in October. My Eeny Meeny Miny Moe landed on the wrong Moe. :cry: I was hoping to fly somewheres neat-o for a show, but there won't be any shows to fly to when my week off rolls around.

(For my whine's cheese, I'd like Monterey Jack. Thanks. OM NOM NOM NOM.)

I concur with a few others feeling that ending on a festival is kinda lame-o. Go out with your own bang, Peej. In Seattle. Or at least Enumclaw or something.
    Post edited by rockpants on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    It really sounds like they have no intention of playing in Canada for this upcoming tour. :cry: I hope it's not so... Please come to Vancouver PJ. And Seattle, obviously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Hopefully Toronto, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh or Detroit are on the Fall tour. Looks like the Southern US will get some shows though. Glad to hear that!
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The voodoo website is confusing and clunky :crazy:
  • Options
    Hopefully Toronto, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh or Detroit are on the Fall tour. Looks like the Southern US will get some shows though. Glad to hear that!
    I would have thought that if they were going to Toronto, and would be saying that there will be a US/Canada tour... but they're not. They keep saying U.S. tour specifically. I hope that is just an American-centric oversight. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    The voodoo website is confusing and clunky :crazy:
    i open the thread to post it too :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I would have thought that if they were going to Toronto, and would be saying that there will be a US/Canada tour... but they're not. They keep saying U.S. tour specifically. I hope that is just an American-centric oversight. :lol:

I know! Such an.....tici.....pa.....tion!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It really sounds like they have no intention of playing in Canada for this upcoming tour. :cry: I hope it's not so... Please come to Vancouver PJ. And Seattle, obviously.

Why would they when they already said(in the Wrigley announcement) they would only be playing US shows on the tour?
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Why would they when they already said(in the Wrigley announcement) they would only be playing US shows on the tour?
    Because they always play at least a couple of Canadian venues during their US tours.... So I'm just hoping that they just sort of forgot to mention Canada. :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Because they always play at least a couple of Canadian venues during their US tours.... So I'm just hoping that they just sort of forgot to mention Canada. :)

Well they are playing at least one Canadian show this year, right? ;) Besides, the Toque wearers got their own tour a few years ago while the US got a clusterfuck for 2 days in assbend Wisconsin...Let us have our time :lol:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    This is just the beginning... :)

Actually, the ending:

"We anticipate the band's Voodoo performance to be the final show of that series of dates."

;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Ok
    Chicago is on my kids camp visiting day
    New Orleans is on my oldests Bar Mitzvah weekend

I am cursed :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Ok

So that I can plan future tour dates, what else is on your schedule in the fall? TIA
  • Options
    Ok

There is no way in hell I'd go to my kid's camp visiting day rather than going to Wrigley. :lol: Maybe it's good that I don't have kids. :think: :lol:
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    So no 10C tickets for this one?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    This is just the beginning... :)

Actually, the ending:

"We anticipate the band's Voodoo performance to be the final show of that series of dates."

;)

Lets spin this even further: series of dates = first leg???? :corn:
  • Options
    Ok

marry me! :P
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,156
    Agg wrote:
    We need the rest of the dates now!!!

Yes!!!!

post-402-1157723848.gif
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Thanks for the announcement Sea. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    My 1a and 1c bands in one of my favourite places? This is a tough decision. I'm trying to save money, but it's damn tempting.
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Pearl Jam + NIN = Heaven

This is a very accurate statement. :D
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,388
    Sweet!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,216
    edited April 2013
    If I find a job for the summer (won't happen) I will go. The trip from Sweden wasn't to expansive...900-950 dollars...

And bet this is the south-centric tour everyone have been wanting!
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    So much for saving money, Voodoo here I come!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    A HOST of dates!

A HOST!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"