Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    GlowGirl said:

Great album!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,857
    Hot
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:

What kind of speakers did you get?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    dankind said:
    mfc2006 said:

Polk XT15's

I had old beat up speakers that finally died (Yorx), so these sound absolutely amazing to me. Lots of great reviews and highly rated. Grabbed some speaker stands and I'm really happy with how they sound. Not only that, I thought I would have to spend a lot more than this, so that make me (& my wife) very happy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:
    dankind said:
    mfc2006 said:

Polk XT15's

I had old beat up speakers that finally died (Yorx), so these sound absolutely amazing to me. Lots of great reviews and highly rated. Grabbed some speaker stands and I'm really happy with how they sound. Not only that, I thought I would have to spend a lot more than this, so that make me (& my wife) very happy.
    :rock_on:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,955

• Options

• Options
    ^^^ Ordered from Amazon to make sure I got a copy. It’s warped… but plays. They don’t seem to have any replacements but offered me a full refund and I get to keep it.  🤷‍♂️

Guess that will work 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    ^^^ Ordered from Amazon to make sure I got a copy. It’s warped… but plays. They don’t seem to have any replacements but offered me a full refund and I get to keep it.  🤷‍♂️

Guess that will work 
    Yeah I have two copies of Dexter Gordon "Go" in that very same way.  
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Guess that will work 
    Without a doubt, Amazon has the best customer service.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    I am looking into how to get a vinyl flat and groovy pouch delivered to Canada. All three King’s X RSD releases in 2021 and this one need to be flattened. You fellas or anyone else have any experience with this? I’ve watched several YouTube videos on the vinyl flat and it looks like it works well.  
  • Options
    MedozK said:

That looks like a fantastic Xmas album. My wife would be ecstatic. I’ll add that to the wantlist 👍
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,895
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    I am looking into how to get a vinyl flat and groovy pouch delivered to Canada. All three King’s X RSD releases in 2021 and this one need to be flattened. You fellas or anyone else have any experience with this? I’ve watched several YouTube videos on the vinyl flat and it looks like it works well.  

one of my locals uses this. Haven't asked them about their experience  with it, but I trust them. been thinking of this myself....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MedozK said:

That looks like a fantastic Xmas album. My wife would be ecstatic. I’ll add that to the wantlist 👍
    Its great.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    Vinyl flat is great. Make sure and get the pouch with it. Usually takes multiple sessions for me, because I don't want to go to hot, but in the end the result is perfect.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Its great.
    Ordered it already along with a couple others from Acoustic Sounds. 👍

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    Vinyl flat is great. Make sure and get the pouch with it. Usually takes multiple sessions for me, because I don't want to go to hot, but in the end the result is perfect.
    Cool. I emailed them because their system isn’t set up to order from Canada. Something to do with the shipping costs because the thing weighs 15 pounds or something lol. 

I’m picking one up. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    The clamp we have is so good, I never even think about a wobble anymore.  Do you still have issues?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    The clamp we have is so good, I never even think about a wobble anymore.  Do you still have issues?
    I have one I bought from turntable labs. Works ok with wobbly vinyl but not great with dish warped vinyl like that Art Blakey record. What are you using? 
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    I have one I bought from turntable labs. Works ok with wobbly vinyl but not great with dish warped vinyl like that Art Blakey record. What are you using? 
    The one I have is from VPI, goes with my table.  It's steel and works great I think.  MedozK has the same setup as me.  They sell a ring too, but it's outrageously expensive, like 2k if I remember. 
  • Options
    And dish warped is not what I was thinking. I don't think I have had one of those that I didn't return.  My Go just had a severe wobble.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Guess that will work 
    MedozK said:

Guess that will work 
    The one I have is from VPI, goes with my table.  It's steel and works great I think.  MedozK has the same setup as me.  They sell a ring too, but it's outrageously expensive, like 2k if I remember. 
    Ok. Haven’t looked into a table-specific solution for my table. 

mrussel1 said:
    And dish warped is not what I was thinking. I don't think I have had one of those that I didn't return.  My Go just had a severe wobble.
    These slabs of wax were so dish warped to side 1 and 3 that both discs laying on the table with side 2 or 4 facing up and pressed flat created suction to the table. 
    Amazingly they played without issue. 
  • Options
    I use it for edge warps. In my experience the clamp has a harder time with those
  • Options

So, A quick clean, it plays pretty damn quiet. The edge is a little rough. Like the excess was snapped off and not trimmed. Can deal as as the quality of the recording itself is stellar imo.

@brianlux , find you one. You wont be disappointed. If you cant locally, and discogs is out of your $ range , my spot has several more at $23 each. We could arrange something, if you choose.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    mickeyrat said:

So, A quick clean, it plays pretty damn quiet. The edge is a little rough. Like the excess was snapped off and not trimmed. Can deal as as the quality of the recording itself is stellar imo.

@brianlux , find you one. You wont be disappointed. If you cant locally, and discogs is out of your $ range , my spot has several more at $23 each. We could arrange something, if you choose.

Looks like some good deals on Discogs, that I will definitely consider.  Very tempting!  Thanks for offering to help! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

Just a little easy listening while I grade final exams  :)
  • Options