Options

Rock Werchter 07

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Parasol wrote:
    so, is this the right train to catch from nijmegen to leuven?

Station Datum Aankomst Vertrek Treinsoort Opmerkingen
    Nijmegen 29.06.07 06:19
    IC 3617 IC 3617
    InterCity
    Fietstransport beperkt mogelijk
    Roosendaal 29.06.07 07:41

Roosendaal 29.06.07 08:03
    IC 629 IC 629
    InterCity
    Mechelen 29.06.07 08:51

Mechelen 29.06.07 08:56
    R 3179 R 3179
    stoptrein
    Leuven 29.06.07 09:23

Yes.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319

now need a place for the after party in nijmegen... :p
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    just a couple of days away from the PJ magic!!
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    So what's the consensus on the meetup before Pearl Jam, seeing that my thread wasn't too successful....

Also, how hard is it to get to the front? I'll only be arriving at Werchter at around 2 or 3.

Any info on that, Belgians? :)
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:
    So what's the consensus on the meetup before Pearl Jam, seeing that my thread wasn't too successful....

Also, how hard is it to get to the front? I'll only be arriving at Werchter at around 2 or 3.

Any info on that, Belgians? :)
    You're coming from the UK right? How are you getting there?

I think there may be a meetup in Leuven Friday lunchtime/early afternoon (provided I hear from the bleedin' travellers that is;))
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    ok, some info:

usually you get in the front if you go as soons as the last notes of the previous gig stop. The problem is that we're talking about Pearl Jam. Alledgedly, they have some hardcore fans who'd do a lot to see "their" band from as close as possible... I don't know if this is true ... just a rumor :-)

Therefore I though it would not be a bad idea to get in the front by the time Kings of Leon finish ... As said, I'd give up Admiral Freebee for that and try to survive Bloc Party (yuk).

The time before that its probably convenient to meet around the PA.

Weather is gonna suck but what the fuck ... last time they "were gonna" play at Werchter we were as wet as ... (I'll leave that to your imagination)

Damn ... why did I ever stop doing security at this festival ... I used to do nightshifts in the Artists area .... grrrr
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    seriously you don't need to get in that early!! this is not reading or rock am ring where you have to fight for several hours to get to that sweet spot!! If you want a good place it is in my eyes absolutely enough if you start to get up-front right after QOTSA. When the arctic monkeys are gone you'll just have to walk in to the front.
  • Options
    daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    cyclops wrote:
    ok, some info:

usually you get in the front if you go as soons as the last notes of the previous gig stop. The problem is that we're talking about Pearl Jam. Alledgedly, they have some hardcore fans who'd do a lot to see "their" band from as close as possible... I don't know if this is true ... just a rumor :-)

Therefore I though it would not be a bad idea to get in the front by the time Kings of Leon finish ... As said, I'd give up Admiral Freebee for that and try to survive Bloc Party (yuk).

The time before that its probably convenient to meet around the PA.

Weather is gonna suck but what the fuck ... last time they "were gonna" play at Werchter we were as wet as ... (I'll leave that to your imagination)

Damn ... why did I ever stop doing security at this festival ... I used to do nightshifts in the Artists area .... grrrr

Don't give up the Admiral! he is the king! he should join pearl jam for a dylan/neil song onstage. im only going to see him and pearl jam.
    I change by not changing at all.
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    daanarts wrote:
    Don't give up the Admiral! he is the king! he should join pearl jam for a dylan/neil song onstage. im only going to see him and pearl jam.

Ok, if you help me to get to the front, I'll join you for the Admiral (in the tent = keeping dry :-) )
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    You're coming from the UK right? How are you getting there?

I think there may be a meetup in Leuven Friday lunchtime/early afternoon (provided I hear from the bleedin' travellers that is;))

I'm planning on catching a regional train to Leuven in Brussels.

If there's a meetup somewhere, any info would be appreciated :)

I'll reiterate what I said somewhere else: I'd really like to be in a good spot with fellow jammers because the worst thing I can imagine is standing amongst a bunch of non-fans who just don't get into the music!!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    I hope that some of you will show up for the meet-up!! Near the Humostand! Wear a PJ t-shirt if possible. I'll leave in a couple of hours for this wonderful festival and will be there until monday @ noon. So please leave a message as soon as possible for me to know!!

Thanks!!
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    phatucini wrote:
    I hope that some of you will show up for the meet-up!! Near the Humostand! Wear a PJ t-shirt if possible. I'll leave in a couple of hours for this wonderful festival and will be there until monday @ noon. So please leave a message as soon as possible for me to know!!

Thanks!!

I'll be there, around 9pm, before arctic monkeys
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    michela wrote:
    for werchter?
    there's camping for cheap!

I've written a thread today but nobodies reply..so I try here: someone will go to werchter festival?
    :-)
    I'll be there on 28 morning!

Mee too, from Italy (we'll leave this evening with car)
    See you in Werchter
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:

Thanks!!

I'll certainly be there at around the same time as Julien. You seem like you know your way around Werchter so I'm counting on you to get me to the front :p
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    daanarts wrote:

daanarts is a man of taste.
    although it would be nice to get in touch with some fellow 10clubbers, I would get to frustrated by bloc party (while the admiral is playing)
    it wouldn't surprice me if PJ will check the admiral out aswell.
    since 1999 I've been going to werchter and to get succesfully infront you don't have to get in line 2 shows ahead. so when admiral freebee has ended his show I'll get my as to the humo-stand and the into the mass.

see you there (or maybe in nijmegen)

keep on rockin' in OUR free world
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:
    I'll certainly be there at around the same time as Julien. You seem like you know your way around Werchter so I'm counting on you to get me to the front :p

20h30 should be the perfect time to meet around the humostand (and don't forget your drunken faces!!)

I don't guarantee to get you into the first couple of rows, but to be in the pit all upfront should be very realistic!! At the worst we will use fists and elbows to get close to Eddie ;-)

The only times this has been "a little hard" to do was everytime Metallica performed because they do got quite a couple of "hardcore fans"!!
  • Options
    sammer wrote:
    since 1999 I've been going to werchter and to get succesfully infront you don't have to get in line 2 shows ahead. so when admiral freebee has ended his show I'll get my as to the humo-stand and the into the mass.

see you there (or maybe in nijmegen)

keep on rockin' in OUR free world

the man is absolutely right!! as I've said before Werchter is the most easy festival in the world, when it comes to getting in front of the stage!!
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:
    At the worst we will use fists and elbows to get close to Eddie ;-)

Sounds like a plan :D

8.30 at the Humostand it is then!
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Everyone: have fun on Werchter!! I'll be there Friday morning around noon. Great to be back in Vlaanderen!!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    parel jam wrote:
    Everyone: have fun on Werchter!! I'll be there Friday morning around noon. Great to be back in Vlaanderen!!
    Also be there around noon...i leave here with the train at 9.15 and will arrive in Leuven at 10.22 and then take the buss.....you will recognize me mostly because of my hair there are not manny woman who have this ...it's shaved off at the sides and spikey in the middle it's dark coloured...think i also will wear my PJ shirt iron fist one or the advocado one....so if ya see someone like that just shout Sonja thats my name....:) :)....
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010