Options

Rock Werchter 07

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    So I plan on catching the bus after the show back to Leuven and have 4-5 hours to kill from about 1AM-5AM before a train back to Brussels.

First I have heard bars are open during this time? If correct someone point me in the direction of a few good places to check out - as its going to be a looooooooooooonnnnnggggggg night after beign at Werchter all day.

Many thanks!

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    And yes still 11 days to go :):)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    satanzbedsatanzbed Posts: 10
    Anybody know of any places close by where i might still be able to get accomodations around the festival?
  • Options
    I heard that during the Rolling Stones concert that took place in Werchter a few days ago, there was a huuuuge traffic jam everywhere around the roads to Werchter and a lot of people almost missed the beginning of the concert. Is that smth that happens all the time? I am hoping to be at Leuven by 1 o' clock, and i want to make it for the Kings of Leon performance at Werchter at 3 o'clock, it should give me plenty of time right? Ok, i know they say the bus from Leuven to Werchter only takes 15 mins, but that's probably on a normal day, and not a day that everyone's trying to get to the same place at the same time....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I heard that during the Rolling Stones concert that took place in Werchter a few days ago, there was a huuuuge traffic jam everywhere around the roads to Werchter and a lot of people almost missed the beginning of the concert. Is that smth that happens all the time? I am hoping to be at Leuven by 1 o' clock, and i want to make it for the Kings of Leon performance at Werchter at 3 o'clock, it should give me plenty of time right? Ok, i know they say the bus from Leuven to Werchter only takes 15 mins, but that's probably on a normal day, and not a day that everyone's trying to get to the same place at the same time....
    Don't worry.
    The mess of last week isn't usual.
    If you leave Leuven at 1, you'll be tehre for KOL...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    So I plan on catching the bus after the show back to Leuven and have 4-5 hours to kill from about 1AM-5AM before a train back to Brussels.

First I have heard bars are open during this time? If correct someone point me in the direction of a few good places to check out - as its going to be a looooooooooooonnnnnggggggg night after beign at Werchter all day.

Many thanks!

My wife and I will also be at both shows then catching the early train back to Brussels. May even bump into each other at a pub or at the train station. Enjoy the shows!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    michelamichela Posts: 12
    satanzbed wrote:
    Anybody know of any places close by where i might still be able to get accomodations around the festival?

for werchter?
    there's camping for cheap!

I've written a thread today but nobodies reply..so I try here: someone will go to werchter festival?
    :-)
    I'll be there on 28 morning!
  • Options
    I will leave here on the 29 of june at 9.00 am with the train and then go to Leuven ...there will be my lovely friend waiting for me and then we will take the buss to Werchter....my husband will arrive in the afternoon about 4.00 pm..:)
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    Hi

Coming over for the day but I'm not feeling like browsing 45 pages of Werchter forum comments, so: where do 10c folks meet?

Thanks!
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    cyclops wrote:
    Hi

Coming over for the day but I'm not feeling like browsing 45 pages of Werchter forum comments, so: where do 10c folks meet?

Thanks!

I think we came to the consensus to meet before the Arctic Monkeys play their set, if this didn't change of course! The place where this was supposed to happen is on the left side of the stage (that would be Mike's side) near the Humo-Stand. To be more exact I think we agreed to meet like a hundred feet(meters) out in the field to avoid bigger masses.
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Someone should make a sign that says "10 Club" (like the ones they hold up at airports) :D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Is anyone partying all night long after the PJ show and taking the first bus in the morning to Leuven??

I will :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:
    I think we came to the consensus to meet before the Arctic Monkeys play their set, if this didn't change of course! The place where this was supposed to happen is on the left side of the stage (that would be Mike's side) near the Humo-Stand. To be more exact I think we agreed to meet like a hundred feet(meters) out in the field to avoid bigger masses.

Cool - thanks, see you there!
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    michelamichela Posts: 12
    I'm new in the forum...how can I see you during the werchter?
    if I'll write on my face "10c from italy" PLEASE don't avoid me!!!!

:-D

anyway...for sure I'll be the one with the "veterans from venice!pliz!come back soon!" banner... ok?
  • Options
    I created a meet up thread.
    Head over here (http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=247814) if you plan on rocking out with fellow jammers!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    btw, the sponsoring radio station is organising an attempt to break the world record kissing that day ... this will be fun!
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    Sounds like fun :D:D
  • Options
    And yes 8 days to go...:)
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    And yes 8 days to go...:)
    and 7 days to go :):):)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    can't believe we're so close! This time next week most of us will be on the train to Werchter :D:D
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    can't believe we're so close! This time next week most of us will be on the train to Werchter :D:D
    In the train awfully tired :)

I think I need to buy some Red Bull...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    BTW - on one day difference it'll be 7 years since Roskilde :(
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    parel jam wrote:

Don't even remind us of that, I was waiting in Werchter for Pearl Jam to appear when the news struck me like lightning!! No similar scenario will be accepted this time ... I'll start a riot if they don't show up!
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:
    Don't even remind us of that, I was waiting in Werchter for Pearl Jam to appear when the news struck me like lightning!! No similar scenario will be accepted this time ... I'll start a riot if they don't show up!
    Yeah, it's sad. I had Rotterdam tickets too :(
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:
    Yup i also was there ...men i was pissed that they didin't show up...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    satanzbedsatanzbed Posts: 10
    hey i signed up on the werchter board as well as the pit, right now we got a group of four that's planning on having an all night party of the 29th. i'm planning on partying and i am gonna try and get a transit room rate at brussels airport (i've done it with family at heathrow and they gave six or four hour rates) so i'm gonna try and pull a fast one and get a transit room for a couple hours. i'd do the camping thing but ive never gone camping and being from a third world country (i'm from bangladesh) i dunno how i feel about camping...honestly if i had a buddy i'd give it a shot. anyway long story short (as i'm completely wasted right now) i got a couple to party with from this board i believe and somebody from serbia to party with and i guess i'm trying to make it the more the merrier. well if anybody else is interested in doing an all night bash and trying to figure it out what im gonna do the next day as i really dont need to be at the site till three when i want to see somebody and leuven has no available rooms, i'm gonna try and get a room or something in brussels maybe if anybody else wants to join we could do a two for one. anyway hit me up at hybridsession@aol.com or you can sms me at 3123426972 (it's american based cell phone number). hopefully we can all have a good time and have a good party.
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    parel jam wrote:

Actually, it will be the same day since they're playing after midnight...

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    (sorry, wrong message)
  • Options
    parel jam wrote:
    Yeah, it's sad. I had Rotterdam tickets too :(

I was skipping Werchter because I'd still be on my way back from Roskilde. Went to Rotterdam anyway, met with other fans from all over the world. Very, very sad...

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    so, is this the right train to catch from nijmegen to leuven?

Station Datum Aankomst Vertrek Treinsoort Opmerkingen
    Nijmegen 29.06.07 06:19
    IC 3617 IC 3617
    InterCity
    Fietstransport beperkt mogelijk
    Roosendaal 29.06.07 07:41

Roosendaal 29.06.07 08:03
    IC 629 IC 629
    InterCity
    Mechelen 29.06.07 08:51

Mechelen 29.06.07 08:56
    R 3179 R 3179
    stoptrein
    Leuven 29.06.07 09:23
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---