Options

Rock Werchter 07

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    eddielover wrote:
    27 days and counting baby!! :)
    really? i thought the show was on june 29, meaning it will be more than 27 days
    37 maybe
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    really? i thought the show was on june 29, meaning it will be more than 27 days
    37 maybe
    Yup 37 days to go....:)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    And now only 30 days to go....;)
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I'm going, in the end!!!

I'm even more excited now! Pearl Jam at Wembley and then Werchter! This is going to be the best summer I've had in years!!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Anyone fancy a PJ fan meetup before the actual set, so we can all rock out together once the boys hit the stage?
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    Without organising a meet-up I think I will find most of my fellow 10clubbers in the Pit on Mike's side just after the Arctic Monkeys have finished their set ...

We could after all meet up during the Arctic Monkeys set. Somewhere near the Humostand would be more than logical in my opinion. To those who don't know what the Humostand is (probably first time at Werchter;-)) it's a stand that's always located to the left of the stage where you can buy practical things like condoms, raincaps basically anything except food & beer. I think some artists even do autograph-signing sessions there. Mostly though these are the smaller acts so don't hope to see Ed there.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me! I don't care for the Arctics that much anyway. Who's in?
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    sounds good, after admiral freebee I'll see you guys at the humostand
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    So, Humostand during the Monkey's set... Any more people up for it?
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Yielded wrote:
    So, Humostand during the Monkey's set... Any more people up for it?

i'll be there !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    Ow yeah, the new ticket batch arrived

Ordered mine...

28th -> Nijmegen
    29th -> Werchter
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:
    To those who don't know what the Humostand is (probably first time at Werchter;-)) it's a stand that's always located to the left of the stage where you can buy practical things like condoms, raincaps basically anything except food & beer. I think some artists even do autograph-signing sessions there. Mostly though these are the smaller acts so don't hope to see Ed there.
    so should i be hoping to see the Kings of Leon signing autographs? ooh that got me excited! :D

p.s. but if u leave ur spot on the field right before the PJ set, i doubt you're gonna find it later...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    so should i be hoping to see the Kings of Leon signing autographs? ooh that got me excited! :D

p.s. but if u leave ur spot on the field right before the PJ set, i doubt you're gonna find it later...

Usually, only small bands go there to sing autographs.. you may hope, but don't hope too much.
  • Options
    24 days to go...:)....hopefully hubby will be recoverd by then ?? He had an accident on his work last theusday and the result is a nasty cut in his lower legg 9 centimeters long and 10 stitches....we have to go today back to the hospital to let the docter check it if everything is healing well...so i will cross my fingers that everything is going good and that he will be well before 29 of june otherwise i will have to go alone to Werchter and sell his ticket...:(
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    All the best to your husband, hope he gets well soon.
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    24 days to go...:)....hopefully hubby will be recoverd by then ?? He had an accident on his work last theusday and the result is a nasty cut in his lower legg 9 centimeters long and 10 stitches....we have to go today back to the hospital to let the docter check it if everything is healing well...so i will cross my fingers that everything is going good and that he will be well before 29 of june otherwise i will have to go alone to Werchter and sell his ticket...:(
    ouch that sounds painful! it should heal by then hopefully! You just need to be careful not to be around people that hop around and push and shove. Maybe he should wear wellies to be more safe!
  • Options
    I hope hubbies leg will be fine by the 29th!! Three weeks should be enough to recover from a scar like that I guess ...

23 days to go & I'm already going nuts and catch myself constantly daydreaming about what will happen in Werchter this year!

I guess we'll keep the "rendez-vous" in front of the humostand. But I thought that if we meet during the Arctic Monkeys it might be a little to late to get the best seats in "the house"?!? Since I go to this festival for the 9th straight year I do know the werchter crowd a bit. If you wanna see a headlining band from a great place up front it is seriously adviced to get as near as possible to the stage during the last opening band. Compared to other european festivals it is a real piece of cake ...
  • Options
    Ok we went to the hospital yesterday and the doktor said it is healing verry well and he has to go back to work on the 18 of june.....the stitches will be taken out the legg on the 12 of june....so he will be okiedokie by the 29 :):)....woohooo....thanks for the better wishes for hubby you guys... and girls offcourse
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,556
    Why is it so expansive to get from Sweden to Belgium! Damn!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    Yesterday I went to see the rolling stones at werchter park (which was great) but the organisation was ... well there wasn't any. first of all there were no extrq busses or trains. We 'drove' for 3 hours, 2 hours in a traffic-jam, due to the traffic-jam I missed more then the half of the 'support-act' Van the Man.
    When we finally got to the parking we had to pay 10euros for that crappy parkingservice. after the gig no car could move on the parking for an hour an a half! (luckely there was a beer-tent nearby)
    I sure hope that mister schueremans and public traffic services have learned
    a lesson regarding the fesival.
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    sammer wrote:
    Yesterday I went to see the rolling stones at werchter park (which was great) but the organisation was ... well there wasn't any. first of all there were no extrq busses or trains. We 'drove' for 3 hours, 2 hours in a traffic-jam, due to the traffic-jam I missed more then the half of the 'support-act' Van the Man.
    When we finally got to the parking we had to pay 10euros for that crappy parkingservice. after the gig no car could move on the parking for an hour an a half! (luckely there was a beer-tent nearby)
    I sure hope that mister schueremans and public traffic services have learned
    a lesson regarding the fesival.

The organisation at the festival is different.
    Frist of all, for teh show of yesterday, everybody arrived and left at the same time. This won't be the case for the festival which lasts 4 days.
    Secondly, there will be extra busses and train.
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    The organisation at the festival is different.
    Frist of all, for teh show of yesterday, everybody arrived and left at the same time. This won't be the case for the festival which lasts 4 days.
    Secondly, there will be extra busses and train.
    Yes thats right ...we go every year by car and we never had anny problems regarding trafficjam or so....we always got there with no problemos and also left the place with no problemos :):)
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Dont mean to offend anyone, but thats belgium...;)

Just sit back and relax.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    17 days to go....:)
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    14 days to go and not one single band has canceled yet!! That's highly unusual, either it will rain all weekend or there will be a lot of last minute cancellations. I really don't want to sound pesimistic (I know I have already!) but this has to be the first time in a decade that the line-up didn't get weaker & weaker during the last weeks leading up to Werchter ... It's almost like I'm missing something, like a bad vibe that you're used to confront but hasn't showed up already.
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    phatucini wrote:
    14 days to go and not one single band has canceled yet!! That's highly unusual, either it will rain all weekend or there will be a lot of last minute cancellations. I really don't want to sound pesimistic (I know I have already!) but this has to be the first time in a decade that the line-up didn't get weaker & weaker during the last weeks leading up to Werchter ... It's almost like I'm missing something, like a bad vibe that you're used to confront but hasn't showed up already.

You're too pessimstic... :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    phatucini wrote:
    what on earth are talking about? can't a festival go on as scheduled?
    don't bring on bad vibes man, think happy thoughts! Pink rabbits, bubble gum, that kind of stuff....
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    what on earth are talking about? can't a festival go on as scheduled?
    don't bring on bad vibes man, think happy thoughts! Pink rabbits, bubble gum, that kind of stuff....
    Pink Rabbits and bubble gum are gay :)

Think happy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75qV147qkVk
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    parel jam wrote:
    Pink Rabbits and bubble gum are gay :)

Think happy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75qV147qkVk
    well i'm a girl, i can think about pink rabbits and bubble gum and that guy from the tv series Prison Break, as much as i like! :D
    About that video, ok, i dislike intensly that band as well, but it always saddens me to see violence in concerts...
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    well i'm a girl, i can think about pink rabbits and bubble gum and that guy from the tv series Prison Break, as much as i like! :D
    About that video, ok, i dislike intensly that band as well, but it always saddens me to see violence in concerts...
    I hate violence too (but sometimes ...nickelback...euh...ah, nevermind).

It's bad!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫