****european Touring Bus 2006**** Attendees Thread

Comments

• ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    Sorry... I meant Saturday.... Karo arrives tomorrow.... fraser is too busy with uni....

I'll see you on saturday... I don;t know if I'll wear my kilt or not... its a little hot for wool....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
    How manye seats left for the Verona ---> Milan trip?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Hello,
    I am interested in the Antwerp-->Barcelona & Marseille-->Paris trips. I have browsed the other thread and probably missed this but can you let me know what the plan is for the "off days"? Thanx so much- I hope this brilliant idea pans out...
    Please email me at maplejam1@yahoo.com and let me know if the spots I mentioned have been filled or not. Thanx!
    *Jenn
    Bumpity Bump....
  • pinonpinon Posts: 427
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Make this happen people it will be a legendary event!!

I'm sure it will be worthy of a website, photos, movies etc!
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Hello,
    I am interested in the Antwerp-->Barcelona & Marseille-->Paris trips. I have browsed the other thread and probably missed this but can you let me know what the plan is for the "off days"? Thanx so much- I hope this brilliant idea pans out...
    Please email me at maplejam1@yahoo.com and let me know if the spots I mentioned have been filled or not. Thanx!
    *Jenn

Cool! So I can leave you safely in Antwerp after Amsterdam :). If you'd add Bern we could meet once again that tour.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Make this happen people it will be a legendary event!!

I'm sure it will be worthy of a website, photos, movies etc!

absolutely.......... no doubt about it :D

it should be sponsored by Rolling Stone ;) or something....
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I haven't spoken to Given to Fly about this yes but it would seem a sensible option. I'll try and speak to her over the weekend :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    great :) and I just mailed a newspaper over here, suggesting they buy a spot and make the best article-series ever for their culture pages this fall....lolol.. ;)
  • AMENt TO THATAMENt TO THAT Posts: 541
    How manye seats left for the Verona ---> Milan trip?

Hey!

Go check the BUGS site. Our lovely friend Mirella has made a list there. Thanks Mirella :D

AMENt
    pinon wrote:
    great :) and I just mailed a newspaper over here, suggesting they buy a spot and make the best article-series ever for their culture pages this fall....lolol.. ;)

Good idea!!!!
    Good idea!!!!

yeah......but seems I need more good ideas ;) ....got any ???
  • EnehEneh Posts: 145
    yes, give it a "bump" in the morning.
    thx ....... :) ............bump.......
    Sorry... I meant Saturday.... Karo arrives tomorrow.... fraser is too busy with uni....

I'll see you on saturday... I don;t know if I'll wear my kilt or not... its a little hot for wool....

You (we? ;)) were lucky; it got a bit chilly last night so you could wear the kilt :)
    It was fun meeting so many other PJ fans for the first time (and more for the second time), and ofcourse Mudhoney rocked again!

groetjes,

p.s.: Grethe, do you already have a Flickr fotosite? It's free if you don't want more than 3 folders, and you could start sharing pictures now, during the preparations, and then fill it even more during and after the tour. http://www.flickr.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugsfotos
    Mirella wrote:

p.s.: Grethe, do you already have a Flickr fotosite? It's free if you don't want more than 3 folders, and you could start sharing pictures now, during the preparations, and then fill it even more during and after the tour. http://www.flickr.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugsfotos

dont have flickr, no.....figured I just put albums up on my website, but ...huh...cant do that during the tour of course, so Ill look into the flickr thing, or get another at photobucket..... is flicr better than bucket ???

Thx :)
    I prefer Photobucket by far, but truth is with Flickr albums of other people with similar content of your interest are just a few clicks away.

and "bump".
    Good Morning and "Bump".

Its Monday, any updates?
    got a reply from the newspaper guy, it said :

"when does the tour start ?" ............ lol............ hmmm....
    lol - i am NOT surprised and I DONT blame the guy.

provide him with the official press release about the European tour from the main page for a start.
    If you contacted lots of Newspapers and magazines... it's possible you could get some sponsoring... T shirts... sign on the side of the bus,. website banner...or whatever... try Kerrang... NME.... any Norwegian ones... that could bring down the price a wee bit... then they could get a report on the whole thing...... does anyone who's going have a journalism degree... basically make up a standard letter to magazines and newspapers and send them all out...

One of them is bound to be stupid enough to throw a little bit of money at some crazy people...
    Actually I dont think being sponsored by a newspaper or magazine or any cooperation would be a good thing. And the legal side of it would include more than 2 parties. But getting being spoken of would be a treat. In advance even more so, because maybe people will learn about this who are not connected to this or any board and would be interested to join.
    I also believe in 'sponsored by noone'* but it wouldn't hurt to have someone on the bus just for filling ;). They may turn out to be good company after all :).

groetjes,

*I just turned down an offer from a ticket broker to have his add on the Dutch Pearl Jam portal. He wanted to pay me 150 euro for the rest of this month alone, but I went to the site and there were ridiculous ticket prices. I don't want to support things like that, even though I could use the money...

p.s.: Grethe, did you read that e-mail from the bus driver I 'know'? I think some of his ideas were good.
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Bump
    - The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen it to at least 10 characters -
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    dane wrote:
    Roskilde '00 :(
    Berlin '06:)
    Denmark '07?

I hope so! I'm going to Roskilde since 1995 and next year would be a perfect opportunity to have Pearl Jam there again. Safely, ofcourse, and respectful, as always...

groetjes,
  • springtimespringtime Posts: 6
    Hello boys and girls,
    i´m very interrested for the touring bus trip in france. I´m from germany. I fly to marseile and after the show i want to drive by touring bus to paris. If its possible.
    I hope you understand me!!

byebye
    springtime
    .....no matter how cold the winter, theres a springtime ahead....
    Hi Springtime, you are from Vaf, right? Hello!

Pin, please take over!

"bump"
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Mirella wrote:
    I hope so! I'm going to Roskilde since 1995 and next year would be a perfect opportunity to have Pearl Jam there again. Safely, ofcourse, and respectful, as always...

groetjes,

I don't know how I feel about seeing them at Roskilde again. On one hand it would be a very respectful thing, but what would they play? I mean they can't really play an all acoustic. On the other hand it would be too emotional for many fans, who attended the 2000 show and it just seems bizare somehow.
    I remember reading somewhere (must have been Gaffa) that PJ wouldn't mind playing at Roskilde again, but it would have to be some time from now. The accident is still to close.
    However they only have bad memories from Roskilde. The first time they played there in '92, Ed was beat up by some ppl in the crowd after a stagedive mishab. He got on stage again and said "We'll never visit this fucking country again!". When they eventually did come back, nine people were killed.
    There more I think of it, they shouldn't play Roskilde again imo. There's just too much bad karma about it.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    Mirella wrote:

p.s.: Grethe, did you read that e-mail from the bus driver I 'know'? I think some of his ideas were good.

yes, I did.....and yes they were, but I need to talk to Stian first.

Cheers,

Grethe