****european Touring Bus 2006**** Attendees Thread

Comments

• pinonpinon Posts: 427
    springtime wrote:
    Hello boys and girls,
    i´m very interrested for the touring bus trip in france. I´m from germany. I fly to marseile and after the show i want to drive by touring bus to paris. If its possible.
    I hope you understand me!!

byebye
    springtime

ok, noted :)
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do this.
    As much as I want to, I'm not sure I can afford it.
    It's a fair price and all, and you guys will have a blast, but
    when are the payments due? I might have missed the
    info on this :o or I'm just to lazy searching for it :o:D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do this.
    As much as I want to, I'm not sure I can afford it.
    It's a fair price and all, and you guys will have a blast, but
    when are the payments due? I might have missed the
    info on this :o or I'm just to lazy searching for it :o:D

quote mail from comp :
    "Financial side would be stage payment system every 9 days of equal payments"

but we need some sort of buffer-zone, I would think. If we see that this may be pulled off, I´ll set up a special ETB-account, and payments to the comp would come from this account. I have to discuss the details on it with both Stian and coach company, but I´d say...you still have some time to work your butt of ;)
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    pinon wrote:
    quote mail from comp :
    "Financial side would be stage payment system every 9 days of equal payments"

but we need some sort of buffer-zone, I would think. If we see that this may be pulled off, I´ll set up a special ETB-account, and payments to the comp would come from this account. I have to discuss the details on it with both Stian and coach company, but I´d say...you still have some time to work your butt of ;)

Yeah, I know. I'll be working all summer anyways, but
    I need to see if I can still afford it.
    And also, I need to look up the site a lil better :( :o
    Ive been to lazy lately...lol

But I'll def lat you know if I'm in while the offer still stands...
    How much longer?
    Hope you got enough ppl who wanna do this, cause this is AWESOME and super cool :D
    Defnitely once in a lifetime, and who ever's on board, its gonna be a blast! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    Hope you got enough ppl who wanna do this, cause this is AWESOME and super cool :D
    Defnitely once in a lifetime, and who ever's on board, its gonna be a blast! :)

HEAR HEAR !!!! that is correct ;)

@how much longer..... I imagine we´ll do a "project-evaluation" in the next few days, count our current attendees and such.....and then decide whether to pull or proceed.

So....sign up. make it happen :)
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Did you all know that there's a funkband from Detroit called...............BUMP!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    ha ha ha ha ha.............. bump ;)
  • EnehEneh Posts: 145
    "bump"

so what are the news of the day?
  • AMENt TO THATAMENt TO THAT Posts: 541
    News is, THERE IS NO NEWS! Wasn't THAT exciting :D

People, we're seriously thinkin bout pulling the plug on this. It's up to u to decide the fatih of the Bus.

AMENt TO THAT
    (Tierd as HELL after 8 days on the road with Mudhoney, but damn it was worth it :)
    tell us more about it.

...and another "bump"
    UPDATE:

AMENt TO THAT has decided to pay DOUBLE his share, approximately $3000, to see if we can get this workin. That means there will be a spare bed on board. This can be rented for £47 during the run, by whom ever needs it.

If not I'll store my luggage there 1'ts class style :D 'Nuttin is too good for my undies ;)

AMENt TO THAT
    (Still tierd after 8 days with Mudhoney! Don't even wanna THINK about HOW hard 30+ days with Pearl Jam will be if this bus doesn't take me there!)
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Hi,

don't give up yet! :). I saw you added more names to the first message. Could you please also add them to the Bugs site so there is an overview again?

Thanks, and I will help you a bit more later this week, so please don't pull that plug yet! ;)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
    Mirella wrote:
    Hi,

don't give up yet! :). I saw you added more names to the first message. Could you please also add them to the Bugs site so there is an overview again?

Thanks, and I will help you a bit more later this week, so please don't pull that plug yet! ;)

groetjes,

Hey my friend!

I think we'll give it till the end of next week before we pull the plugg. People need to confirm from now on, so we know excactly how much we lack and how many beds are still empty. I'll start PM'ing people and email and so on.

And, I'll try to add the new names to BUGS. Take care girl!

Stian
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Keep the faith AMENt TO THAT! This tour bus thing is the best idea ever. I guess the start of the European leg still seems so far away, people have difficulties in planning far ahead, it would seem! Would be a real shame to pull the plug!
    Mirella wrote:
    Hi,

groetjes,

Girl, I just created an account and tried to update the list. BUT!! I don't understand SHIT! All those weird symbols and stuff! I'm sure I'll screw it up good if I start messing with that stuff. I'm Norwegian, not too bright if u catch my drift ;)

Stian
    and a "bump" from me.
    Girl, I just created an account and tried to update the list. BUT!! I don't understand SHIT! All those weird symbols and stuff! I'm sure I'll screw it up good if I start messing with that stuff. I'm Norwegian, not too bright if u catch my drift ;)

Stian

Haha :D. But don't worry, we keep the history so if you really mess up it can always be repaired. I'll update this one for you. Go ahead and practice at more easy spots :). You could make your own userpage, for instance. Basically it's just typing, but some 'symbols' are used to make it look better. Like (( ))'s for wikilinks and []'s for normal links, or ~|~ to make tabs in tables.

groetjes,
    Mirella :) (and yes, this is all still about Pearl Jam, the band that got me into Internet years ago ;))
    yieldjames added.

GUYS, COULD YOU START TO CONFIRM YOUR INTEREST?? EVENTHOUGH OUR LIST IS GROWING, NOT MORE THAN A FEW HAVE ACTUALLY CONFIRMED. PLEASE PM, EMAIL OR EVEN PHONE.

AMENt
    *********we Need Confirmed Attendees! Please, Those On The List Confirm Asap**********

*************PM Name And Nick + Email And Phone If You Have. Important**************
    Everyone on the list will receive either PM's or emails over the next few days, then they need to confirm if they still want a spot. Gotta get movin peps, no time to loose.

PLENTY of room left!

AMENt

PS: I'm on a bump roll, u'll all be pretty sick of me before the week ends ;)
  • shootenany!shootenany! Posts: 122
    Hi, can't remember if I told you for definite that I can't do any of the European leg, so, um, I'm telling you again, just in case ;)

I'm working in America over Summer, don't get back until the middle of September then it's straight back to university. But good luck anyway, it'll be fantastic once the organising's out the way!
    another desperate "bump"
    bump.........................
    yieldjames added.

GUYS, COULD YOU START TO CONFIRM YOUR INTEREST?? EVENTHOUGH OUR LIST IS GROWING, NOT MORE THAN A FEW HAVE ACTUALLY CONFIRMED. PLEASE PM, EMAIL OR EVEN PHONE.

AMENt

yieldyames added to the unconfirmed: http://igotbugs.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=European+Touring+Bus+2006 :)

One practical question: will the bus stay in the concert city for the night and then leave in the morning? That's good to know for people who do want to sleep after the concert but don't want to travel to the next one.

groetjes,
    Mirella :) (learning something about logistics here and at work ;))
    Mirella wrote:
    yieldyames added to the unconfirmed: http://igotbugs.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=European+Touring+Bus+2006 :)

One practical question: will the bus stay in the concert city for the night and then leave in the morning? That's good to know for people who do want to sleep after the concert but don't want to travel to the next one.

groetjes,
    Mirella :) (learning something about logistics here and at work ;))

Hey :)

The bus leaves after the show. So say Paris is your last concert, u see the show then collect your bags and we're of.

More questions, shoot ! I'm here!

Stian
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Hey :)

The bus leaves after the show. So say Paris is your last concert, u see the show then collect your bags and we're of.

More questions, shoot ! I'm here!

Stian

Question: Is the bus gonna be going to Switzerland after Paris or are you heading straight to Bologna? I'm gonna be flying to Milan with Keithos after Paris and then jumping on a train up to Bologna from Milan. If those on the bus fancy popping over to Milan after Paris, or Switzerland, then we can at the very least meet in Milan for beers. Milan's not far from Bologna - 100 miles or so I think.

Whoops, just noticed the tour bus dates list. Bern is the day before Bologna. Looks like we'll be meeting in Bologna then.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Question: Is the bus gonna be going to Switzerland after Paris or are you heading straight to Bologna? I'm gonna be flying to Milan with Keithos after Paris and then jumping on a train up to Bologna from Milan. If those on the bus fancy popping over to Milan after Paris, or Switzerland, then we can at the very least meet in Milan for beers. Milan's not far from Bologna - 100 miles or so I think.

Whoops, just noticed the tour bus dates list. Bern is the day before Bologna. Looks like we'll be meeting in Bologna then.

Every single Europen date except UK and Greece my friend. If we pull through, you and Keithos are MORE than welcome for a drink :D

I'll be seeing u guys in Dublin aswell....

Stian
    now question remains, where will you stay on those days off?
    Eneh wrote:
    now question remains, where will you stay on those days off?

Of days will be spent on the road OR in the next city. Bus ALWAYS leaves after gigs, then STRAIGH to the next venue.

AMENt

Dude, thank u for bumping :)
    Thanks for clarification! and "bump".