Backing in to parking spots

1235»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

:lol::lol:

i love parking by you back of lot parkers. always makes me laugh
    So what you're saying is that you see us back lot parkers avoiding the chaos that is the parking lot, and you think it's funny to park right next to us? Question: Do you back in next to us? :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

:lol::lol:

i love parking by you back of lot parkers. always makes me laugh
    So what you're saying is that you see us back lot parkers avoiding the chaos that is the parking lot, and you think it's funny to park right next to us? Question: Do you back in next to us? :lol:

yes and sometimes.

:P

i've told this story before here, but i parked beside this car that was parked quite aways from every body. i was about 15ft in front of his car when i pulled in next to him. he looked back...took a couple of steps...looked back again...i hopped out...when in, he turned around, hopped in his car and moved it.

saw him in the store and just laughed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yes and sometimes.

i've told this story before here, but i parked beside this car that was parked quite aways from every body. i was about 15ft in front of his car when i pulled in next to him. he looked back...took a couple of steps...looked back again...i hopped out...when in, he turned around, hopped in his car and moved it.

When I was in college, I parked my car away from people. Come out and there was this car parked next to me that was literally 5 inches from my driver's side. I was pissed! As I walked over to the passenger side to get in, see someone walking up to that car. I was about to tell them off and then realized it was a super, ridiculously smokin hot chick. She goes "Oh, did I park too close to you? I'm sorry!" Then I replied "Oh, no, it's fine..." :fp: :lol:
    F'n hot chicks!
    ...can get away with murder! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

yes and sometimes.

When I was in college, I parked my car away from people. Come out and there was this car parked next to me that was literally 5 inches from my driver's side. I was pissed! As I walked over to the passenger side to get in, see someone walking up to that car. I was about to tell them off and then realized it was a super, ridiculously smokin hot chick. She goes "Oh, did I park too close to you? I'm sorry!" Then I replied "Oh, no, it's fine..." :fp: :lol:
    F'n hot chicks!
    ...can get away with murder! :lol:

i still woudl have been like yes.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you folks aren't even backing up
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    uj7bc.jpg

fuck you and your little SS, rimmed out hatch back chevy :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    It's still wrong. I was following a car at the soccer field lot and they're are a ton of spaces. This car passed all these spaces and just stopped so I stopped behind them. Then they put the car in reverse and I had to back up so this car could back into a spot. I guess they had to beat the suburban rush home from soccer practice. Just pull in you pussy!

Just say know to backing in! :lol:
    -certain situations may be exempt
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Go to get a coffee at Starbucks.
    This lot is always packed and it's a pretty tight lot.

Pull in and some dude is holding up like 6 cars because he had to back in his truck...despite there being plenty of room to drive it in like a normal/sane person.
    Get my coffee, I'm driving through the lot...basically to get the hell outta there!
    Behind ANOTHER pickup. All of a sudden he stops and puts 'er in reverse. I'm thinking what the hell is this guy doing? Look over and there is an open stall to the right of me. This dude drove past the spot with me behind him and expects ME to backup so he can back 'er in?!?! No f'n way that was happening! He sees me not move, then honks and indicates he wants that spot. I don't move and honk back.

I won.

:lol:

Ugh...back 'er in-ers annoy the shit outta me! :lol:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I'm pretty much the only person in my little neighborhood who backs into my parking spot ... :?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It is not just pickup truck owners; a lot of the older ladies who come to my fitness classes back in. One said it was because she didn't feel comfortable backing out later. All the workers who work at the Dayhab facility next to my center back in, because come 4pm they are ready to charge out of there. (It is stressful work).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Backing in is the smarter and more efficient way to park. And it's probably safer too.

That being said, I rarely ever do it.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Just say no!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    backed in to one at target yesterday. should have taken a pic :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    I worked in Japan a few years back,
    + EVERY coworker of mine would back their car into their space.
    When I eventually got a car,
    I picked up the habit.
    Nowadays, I still back my car into spaces
    most of the time,
    especially at work.

All that being said,
    if I am going to hold up a driver or 2,
    I'll just pull straight in.
    Also, it makes in much easier to load
    groceries at the store-
    my much smarter gf hipped me to that notion.

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.