Backing in to parking spots

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Now I'm having UPS flashbacks :-o

you used to be a UPS driver?!?! :shock:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    RKCNDY wrote:

Before I started driving Firetrucks in NYC :shifty:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Maybe it's just a Wisconsin thing. We do some fucky stuff

Well, at least we can pass people on the right shoulder if they are waiting to make a turn

:D
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    We've really run out of things to talk about here.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:

talk is cheap
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh my! Did you get hit on a lot? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    250px-Insecurity_SP.jpg
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh my! Did you get hit on a lot? :lol:

Not gonna complain :shh: although the last few years of driving for ups were in the village :shifty: :lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    backed in after lunch...makes teh cracking of the first beer 2 seconds sooner
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I use the pull-through method. and even if I can't get all the way through, that's ok since most likely the car in front of me will be gone by the time I leave. 95% of the cars in the lot are facing front.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I use the pull-through method. .

It suddenly got interesting in here :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    81 wrote:
    backed in after lunch...makes teh cracking of the first beer 2 seconds sooner

I never back in, but I had the urge to back in after lunch too. Now I feel good and ready to GTFO if I need to.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I knew it ;)
    there are some parking spots downtown that are designated 'Back-In Only'...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    there are some parking spots downtown that are designated 'Back-In Only'...

hehe...... ;)
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    When I was working in Alberta the car wash in the local town had a sign that said:

"Entrance from the rear only"

or something to that effect....

I'll have to find the picture when I get home tonight and post it... provided this thread hasn't been locked before then...

rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I knew it ;)

:nono:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Ran to the grocery story to get something for lunch. I thought about backing up, then realized....nah, that's dumb.
    Came out and watched a truck back in. He took it too wide at first, then had to pull forward. He nailed it on the second try! Nothing beats having to wait for a pickup a) drive past the stall b) put it in reverse c) back up d) fail e) pull forward f) finally get it.

Those precious seconds saved when pulling out were completely ruined by his failed attempt to back in right the first time. Best part...it was a small pickup. The safety argument is waaaaaay out the door with that display. This guy backed in ONLY because he had a pickup and once you join the pickup club, you better back in! :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Really? :fp: What do you want to talk about?
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Whiskey.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Whiskey.

I highly recommend this:

woodford_reserve.jpg

absolutely delicious...

almost finished my bottle the other night after I BBQ'ed a nice ribeye... think I need to go get another bottle. 8-)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:

I highly recommend this:

woodford_reserve.jpg

absolutely delicious...

almost finished my bottle the other night after I BBQ'ed a nice ribeye... think I need to go get another bottle. 8-)

Well. Hello there!
    mca47 wrote:
    Ran to the grocery story to get something for lunch. I thought about backing up, then realized....nah, that's dumb.
    Came out and watched a truck back in. He took it too wide at first, then had to pull forward. He nailed it on the second try! Nothing beats having to wait for a pickup a) drive past the stall b) put it in reverse c) back up d) fail e) pull forward f) finally get it.

Those precious seconds saved when pulling out were completely ruined by his failed attempt to back in right the first time. Best part...it was a small pickup. The safety argument is waaaaaay out the door with that display. This guy backed in ONLY because he had a pickup and once you join the pickup club, you better back in! :lol:

weenie pick-ups don't need to back in! :fp:

- Christopher McCandless
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    I like the way mamasan & RCKY are thinking on this thread ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

weenie pick-ups don't need to back in! :fp:
    That's exactly the point of this thread. You purchase a pickup for whatever reason and there is something...something that makes a pickup owner think "I gotta back this baby in!"
    I just want to know, if pickup driver drives a compact car. Does he still feel the need to put er in backwards?
    I like the way mamasan & RCKY are thinking on this thread ;)
    Every thread becomes a talk about whiskey from mamasan! :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    if he has a compact, he's probably just happy to put it in anywhere
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    norm wrote:

even parallel park?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

even parallel park?

any position i would assume
    norm wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    That's exactly the point of this thread. You purchase a pickup for whatever reason and there is something...something that makes a pickup owner think "I gotta back this baby in!"
    I just want to know, if pickup driver drives a compact car. Does he still feel the need to put er in backwards?

:fp:

Larger pick-ups (half ton and larger) have a wider turning radius, hence the need to back-in to a parking stall (in tight spaces).

Smaller pick-ups don't need to do that, they are basically El Caminos.

I don't feel the need to back the Honda in, it turns on a dime.

Some pick-up owners just do it because they think they are 'big trucks' and want to run with the big dogs.

- Christopher McCandless