Options

Lemme See That Vinyl Collection!

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

I've only seen it happen to the 5x5 and 4x4s. Never seen it happen to the 2x4s.

Same. Never seen a 2x4 collapse. In regard to the 5x5s and 4x4s.... just read the directions and properly assemble and anchor (if necessary).
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,817
    scurtis said:

I'm now going to spread my own better to prevent this. Yikes.
    The spread isn't the issue. It's having no wall anchor and using the 12" slats as the horizontal supports rather than vertical spacers.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    The anchor is meant for tipping over and adds no shear strength to the unit.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited May 2016
    I have 2 2x4 units that work great, look good
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    I have to hit up ikea this week at some point. Have to grab the 4x2. I've used my whole built-in wall bookcase. Seems like kallax is trustworthy,
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033
    totally. Its the go to shelving.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Two red 2x4's full. Gonna need to add another shortly.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 249
    MedozK said:

Took some new pics today.

I don't have anything like Tim's, but it's fun. :smile:

NICE
    I dig the TMR stuff!
    also, nice amp!
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Since I started last February with my tax return purchase of a vinyl player.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Kallax 2x2's are on sale for $20 (regularly $35) until Jan 10.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/27534/
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Kallax 2x2's are on sale for $20 (regularly $35) until Jan 10.

Funny I just picked up a couple more today.
  • Options
    Pics with the new Kallax and new Okki Nokki

• Options
    Sick
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056

Sick

Indeed! Awesome!

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Running out of room. I have been allocated by the wife to a small extra bedroom (my office). Hopefully one day I can move to our bonus room. :grin:
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Running out of room. I have been allocated by the wife to a small extra bedroom (my office). Hopefully one day I can move to our bonus room. :grin:

What is the large shelf system you use for your vinyl? That's exactly what I'm looking for.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    edited December 2016
    Slowly cataloging my vinyl on discogs. Holy crap. I didn't realize how many records I actually own.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited December 2016

MedozK said:

What is the large shelf system you use for your vinyl? That's exactly what I'm looking for.
    4x4 Kallax from Ikea. The BEST storage system for vinyl. I have a 1x4, 3 2x2s and 1 4x4. They also come in 5x5, but that wouldn't have fit in the closest that I am using.

• Options
    mfc2006 said:

Slowly cataloging my vinyl on discogs. Holy crap. I didn't realize how many records I actually own.

Its a daunting task, but when complete... it is really nice to have an ordered list of everything you have.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

Its a daunting task, but when complete... it is really nice to have an ordered list of everything you have.
    That's what I'm going for. Once the main list is done, it'll be a lot easier. I've found some of the prices to be surprising. Some of the albums are quite valuable & I truly wasn't expecting that!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

That's what I'm going for. Once the main list is done, it'll be a lot easier. I've found some of the prices to be surprising. Some of the albums are quite valuable & I truly wasn't expecting that!
    I am a HUGE fan of Discogs. I spend way to much time on it. I love learning about all the different pressing nuances. Every piece of music I buy, immediately gets scanned and I begin the hunting for the particular pressing on Discogs. If I can't find my exact match, I submit mine with all the information. I love submitting.. learning about pressing plants, credits, publishers..it's all a learning experience built in.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

I am a HUGE fan of Discogs. I spend way to much time on it. I love learning about all the different pressing nuances. Every piece of music I buy, immediately gets scanned and I begin the hunting for the particular pressing on Discogs. If I can't find my exact match, I submit mine with all the information. I love submitting.. learning about pressing plants, credits, publishers..it's all a learning experience built in.
    I'm looking forward to getting into that side of it, for sure. I have a quite a few that aren't listed on the site & will be adding them once the initial list is set. I also love browsing through other people's collections as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

I'm looking forward to getting into that side of it, for sure. I have a quite a few that aren't listed on the site & will be adding them once the initial list is set. I also love browsing through other people's collections as well.
    Nice. If you want look me up on there (MedozK). You can add friends and see what others have and are submitting.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

Nice. If you want look me up on there (MedozK). You can add friends and see what others have and are submitting.
    cool! will do, man. you can add me as well---PDXmfc.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

I have added you as a friend. Have any questions over there, just let me know and hopefully I can help.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Before I buy any album, I research it on Discogs to be sure it's a quality version or pressing. It's an invaluable resource. It has stopped me from wasting a lot of money.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

I have added you as a friend. Have any questions over there, just let me know and hopefully I can help.
    Awesome! Thanks, man! Great collection you have there!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Ok if I add you guys on Discogs too? Big fan of the site, really good for finding all the info on the exact pressing you have. I'm Reesdog there if you want add me..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    reesdog said:

Ok if I add you guys on Discogs too? Big fan of the site, really good for finding all the info on the exact pressing you have. I'm Reesdog there if you want add me..

Of course!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,380
    I don't have a picture of my collection but you can take a look at it on discogs under BigDuke6. I think I'm about 80% done with listing my stuff. I wish discogs was around twenty years ago when my eyes were better. All that small print on record labels and CD spines is murder on the old peepers.