Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• DonJon wrote:
    That 'in the know', hip and Pearl Jam friendly journo over at the Daily Telegraph Kathy McCabe will be publishing her full interview with EV, Mike and Stone on 27 April.

"Ed was AMAZING, so insightful and funny and excited about this music."

Sweettt

10c
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • hey does anyone know if wws is still getting played on radio stations?? and more importantly are they really goin to do a video clip!?! just seems wierd to me that they have released the song and all but no clip has surfaced, normally they go hand in hand...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    hey does anyone know if wws is still getting played on radio stations?? and more importantly are they really goin to do a video clip!?! just seems wierd to me that they have released the song and all but no clip has surfaced, normally they go hand in hand...

Yeah, normally. But Pearl Jam ain't a normal band, they don't really do vids. Although they did do that promo dvd thing "Live From Chop Suey" for Riot Act which acted as video clips. Before that was the Do The Evolution Vid, and then the ones from Ten: Alive, Jeremy, Oceans, and the Even Flow vid. but that's been about it. And there was rumours that there will be one for WWS, If thats true, i'd expect you'd see it round the time of the album release date.

Oh yeah, and whats with all this Prison Break talk, you people SHOULD be watching Spicks and Specks an the ABC followed by Little Britian, but i have been know to change and watch prison break after spicks and speck is finished. My Wife watches Prison Break, so i'm sent to the other room to wacth spicks and specks on the small TV.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yeah he's not bad -- but he looks a bit like my sister's boyfriend (but Wentworth is waaaaaay better).....weird name though.....FREAK!!!

It is a weird name. I wonder if he gets called Went for short? hehe ;)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Yeah, normally. But Pearl Jam ain't a normal band, they don't really do vids. Although they did do that promo dvd thing "Live From Chop Suey" for Riot Act which acted as video clips. Before that was the Do The Evolution Vid, and then the ones from Ten: Alive, Jeremy, Oceans, and the Even Flow vid. but that's been about it. And there was rumours that there will be one for WWS, If thats true, i'd expect you'd see it round the time of the album release date.

yeah i know pearl jams eventful history with video clips. there was something on the j records website saying that there was goin to be a video for WWS... but that has all been taken down since...plus there was the talk after the SA tour that there was a guy being filmed for use in a possible video clip....

i guess what theyve done is just chosen the cheapest possible method to promote the forthcoming album. release the single free, get some airplay and some attention. Then when it gets a bit closer to the album release date they will start playing the tv shows (letterman, SNL etc) and possibly then release the vid and a physical copy of the single. pretty clever really essentially they would b releasing WWS twice so they keep themselves in the limelight longer.

thats my peice of marketing genius anyway, could b completly wrong tho! :D

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    lol, hard to answer with just one huh :D

SC 03 a close 2nd after 94 ATL... :o

anyone heard holmdel 14/07/03? amazing show.. all songs played in chronological order, starting with wash, hunger strike is great, and porch has the best crowd participation, with the audience continuining ed's "hey hey hey hey.." as matt does the kick in time to lead to the climax.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    My Wife watches Prison Break, so i'm sent to the other room to wacth spicks and specks on the small TV.

lol! :D

will have to look into that and holmdel
    wah
    HOLY CRAP happy birthday lulu! :eek:

happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear lulu :D
    happy birthday to you

hope you're having a great one!
    wah
  • HOLY CRAP happy birthday lulu! :eek:

happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear lulu :D
    happy birthday to you

hope you're having a great one!

ha! i just got this reminder on myspace! :D happy birthday lulu! i know ur out there (i can c ur online! ;))

enjoy!

• see wishing you a happy birthday means so much to me i had to make 2 posts! :D

• pjr_porchpjr_porch Posts: 92
    hehe thanks guys :D

jus got back from dinner with my folks & the girls at Sizzler... no fear, we tasted no rat poisoning... hehehe

we're goin up the coast 2moro nite 4 drinks...

i got $$ from ma & dad which means I'M GOIN 2 C BEN HARPER MAY20!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got tix 2day. did the sign up thingy. gotta luv ma's credit card :D any1 else going???? its gonna rock!!

ummmm i was gonna say summin else, but i 4gets.... memory's failing me in my old age... 22... wow.

Can't wait 4 PJ album & tour!!! oh & they did video clips 4 LBC & I am mine & did they do TMW??? cos i played LBC & IAM on the jukebox at the local scrffy pub. luuuuuuvely :D

i'm getting my bestest mate 10c membaship 4 her b'day... it's not til sept, but i'm getting it now. hopefully that'll make her elligible 4 10c tix...

OZ TOUR NOVEMBER 2006!!!!
    VEDDER IS BEDDER THAN SEX

Stel, ur a cracker!!! hehehe i wish that was me tooooo!!!! hehehe

• Heard WWS on triple J last night was rockin!! My mate who always listens to triple J said it comes on 2 - 3 times a day sometimes :D

Hopefully when its released it will be triple J's feature album or something...

Happy birthday Lulu! :D
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
    Murder wrote:
    Heard WWS on triple J last night was rockin!! My mate who always listens to triple J said it comes on 2 - 3 times a day sometimes :D

thanks wade :D

Man, wenever i hav radio on at nite, i NEVER hear wws... not happy :( all the stup ppl who dont appreciate their music hear it. poo heads.

pjr_porch wrote:
    Stel, ur a cracker!!! hehehe i wish that was me tooooo!!!! hehehe

me and paint do wonders! :D

have a good oone 2moro night!!!!
    wah
    Murder wrote:
    Heard WWS on triple J last night was rockin!! My mate who always listens to triple J said it comes on 2 - 3 times a day sometimes :D

3 times :eek:

do i have to start listening to triple j :o
    wah
    page 8 :eek:
    wah
    who's gonna post after me :eek:
    wah
    meeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
    wah
    on topic ok :D i predict tour announcment late may :D too late? :eek:
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Less than 200 posts to go until we reach 1000 posts -- and we'll be 10% of the way back to what we nearly achieved last time ie 10,000 posts!!! YAY!!!!

I finally bought Rearviewmirror on the weekend for TEN BUCKS!!!!! Great packaging.....love it! My collection is now complete....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Less than 200 posts to go until we reach 1000 posts -- and we'll be 10% of the way back to what we nearly achieved last time ie 10,000 posts!!! YAY!!!!

I finally bought Rearviewmirror on the weekend for TEN BUCKS!!!!! Great packaging.....love it! My collection is now complete....

10% :eek: nice :o

complete? really :eek: few albums im yet to get. do you get the singles?
    wah
  • on topic ok :D i predict tour announcment late may :D too late? :eek:

hopefully we will get a full world tour list thingy when the album comes out. or maybe when they decide to show us the album cover!

hope both are soon :)
    wah
    my god.

well it seems that debate of listen to the album before it's out or don't is settled for me.. i'm going to sony bmg's listening party for it next thurs!! it's nowhere near as good as getting to interview the band (which i still am holding out hope for), but it's excitin'!

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Awesome dude - lucky you!
    If you need a hand instaling your covert recording device let me know.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    heyjose wrote:
    my god.

well it seems that debate of listen to the album before it's out or don't is settled for me.. i'm going to sony bmg's listening party for it next thurs!! it's nowhere near as good as getting to interview the band (which i still am holding out hope for), but it's excitin'!

WHAT THE FUCK????? **drools** :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    heyjose wrote:
    my god.

you will take a recording device into the room and record the album, and send me a copy. if you dont, i will kill you.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    i betchya they'll strip search me judd!!!

• InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    heyjose wrote:
    i betchya they'll strip search me judd!!!

all it takes is a condom and a squirt of lube, dude. take one for the team.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
This discussion has been closed.