Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• heyjose wrote:
    you do NOT wish you were born in the 70s, trust me! hahaha

i don't know if they were in their prime then, they might disagree! different vibe though. a much more intense ed.

i loved the yield tour here. especially the last show in melbourne (the last to be broadcast on jjj), which ended with porch. it might've been the first time ed started it off - with the slow first verse. the house lights came up right at the end of the A chord jam leading into the last chorus. amazing.

damn goose bumps...remember listening to that on the radio back at home....out in the sticks....Melb, 3 hours away...and me with no money...i was a youngen......fark that was an amazing show to listen to on the radio.....
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • an absolute classic porch and whole show too, up there with atlanta 94, but not as good imo. that melbIII '98 show was my first bootleg, ill never forget those first listens

oh and that slow start on porch, i wish they did it that way now
  • I'm going to Perth Trudie :D
    Done Mick :)
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    an absolute classic porch and whole show too, up there with atlanta 94, but not as good imo. that melbIII '98 show was my first bootleg, ill never forget those first listens

oh and that slow start on porch, i wish they did it that way now

well i guess they still do, like at the letterman aftershow.

ive got a dvd of them playing porch it in south america last year, and fuck me, the bridge is in a different key. they go into the last chorus on a D. sorry, lame guitar talk, i thought it was interesting!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    heyjose wrote:
    you do NOT wish you were born in the 70s, trust me! hahaha

i don't know if they were in their prime then, they might disagree! different vibe though. a much more intense ed.

i loved the yield tour here. especially the last show in melbourne (the last to be broadcast on jjj), which ended with porch. it might've been the first time ed started it off - with the slow first verse. the house lights came up right at the end of the A chord jam leading into the last chorus. amazing.

Sure I do!!! hahaha that means by 92-95 I wouldve been over 18 and able to go in a PJ mosh #1 and experience them when they had fckn everlasting energetic live shows #2.... I want ed to climb on rafters and jump in the pit offa crane!!!!! like in pinkpop :( ... HAHA hey they have to play SOLAT and Breath in perth!! I love these songs also! its a fckn waste of me saying what songs i like and dislike coz there is sooooooo many haha
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • nah the new slow start is different, it doesnt build up slowly like melb 98
  • got me all reminiscent peeps.....got Kaufman Astoria on now.....now that is one performance any Pearl Jam fan wishes they had have been at!
    nah the new slow start is different, it doesnt build up slowly like melb 98

you're right, there is a build up. wonder what the band would be like these days had jack stayed? matt is a legend, but i loved jack.

I've been chasing those fckn 98 and 95 melbourne shows for aaaaages!!!!! :eek: and oh my... this WMA is fckn GOLD!!!!!!! SO GOOD :D:D:D:D:D:D:D :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: amazing....

Ten Club (289xxx)

• heyjose wrote:
    you're right, there is a build up. wonder what the band would be like these days had jack stayed? matt is a legend, but i loved jack.

haha. matt is great...love him and wouldnt have it any other way.....but I loved Dave A
    got me all reminiscent peeps.....got Kaufman Astoria on now.....now that is one performance any Pearl Jam fan wishes they had have been at!

That Porch is fantastic. Dontchya love the bit where Ed is so intense during the last chorus, but cracks up when he looks over at Mike going nuts?

haha. matt is great...love him and wouldnt have it any other way.....but I loved Dave A

I LOVED DAVE A!!!!...tight drummer :) much <3

Ten Club (289xxx)

heyjose wrote:
    That Porch is fantastic. Dontchya love the bit where Ed is so intense during the last chorus, but cracks up when he looks over at Mike going nuts?

where do you guys get this shit from?? can you send me this stuff :( im missing out on so much :(

Ten Club (289xxx)

jemms wrote:
    I LOVED DAVE A!!!!...tight drummer :) much <3

hahaha, are we allowed to say that? :)

• heyjose wrote:
    OMG Porch......that shit is fuckin great!! Think im gonna get the albums out and do a Ten >>Avo session......if i get out of bed in time to do that before i go to work!

oh yeah...RITFW :) love it acoustic :)
    heyjose wrote:
    hahaha, are we allowed to say that? :)

yeah i know!! haha i was going to add in brackets (in a non-sexual way)

Ten Club (289xxx)

jemms wrote:
    where do you guys get this shit from?? can you send me this stuff :( im missing out on so much :(

aw krys! i guess this comes from being younger.. maybe being an old bastard does have certain advantages! it's the 92 mtv uplugged performance.. they screened it here yonks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8yxl7QAWpw&search=pearl%20jam%20unplugged

• jemms wrote:

come and Visit me Jemms...and bring about 250 blank discs with ya and i'll copy my whole collection for ya...or if thats not enough...go see Tom..HE IS THE MAN!!
  • jemms wrote:
    I LOVED DAVE A!!!!...tight drummer

Maybe thats why Dave left??......:p
    jemms wrote:
    yeah i know!! haha i was going to add in brackets (in a non-sexual way)

no what i mean is, ah, he isn't exactly loved by the band. unless, of course, they have made up in secret!

damn goose bumps...remember listening to that on the radio back at home....out in the sticks....Melb, 3 hours away...and me with no money...i was a youngen......fark that was an amazing show to listen to on the radio.....

i was up front for this one, and when ed started it off, i sang along, but it didn't click what song it was! listening to the concert now... love the sound of a radio broadcast!!!

Maybe thats why Dave left??......:p

Or why he was fired! GREAT CALL HAHAHAHA!

heyjose wrote:
    aw krys! i guess this comes from being younger.. maybe being an old bastard does have certain advantages! it's the 92 mtv uplugged performance.. they screened it here yonks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8yxl7QAWpw&search=pearl%20jam%20unplugged

ive got most of that! the mtv sessions i bought from rare records... but im still waiting on pinkpop...WOW This rats is fckn kick arse!! ...TIG you're the bomb..where bouts in adelaide are you?? im seriously considering doing the adelaide show as well now i just cant afford it...WOAH SATANS BED...rock ON!! brad you're not an old bastard! ideally i wish i was 28

Ten Club (289xxx)

heyjose wrote:
    no what i mean is, ah, he isn't exactly loved by the band. unless, of course, they have made up in secret!

OH ...weeeeeell .... that was embarrassing! hahahaha joking :P I have no idea what the story is there but there was an article in a rolling stones issue from 94 that said they kicked him out and he himself had no idea why... so who knows its probably something that will come out when pj have retired (touch wood they wont) hahaha

Ten Club (289xxx)

• Hey jemms, Brad, what's happening?
    ||| lifewasted.net ||| Pearl Jam Fans Unite Down Under
    Hiiii dan!!!! my name is krystie btw... how are you :D

Ten Club (289xxx)

• jemms wrote:
    ive got most of that! the mtv sessions i bought from rare records... but im still waiting on pinkpop...WOW This rats is fckn kick arse!! ...TIG you're the bomb..where bouts in adelaide are you?? im seriously considering doing the adelaide show as well now i just cant afford it...WOAH SATANS BED...rock ON!! brad you're not an old bastard! ideally i wish i was 28

im on the Gold Coast Babe :)

you need Pinkpop girl? I can hook you up
  • jemms wrote:
    I have no idea what the story is there but there was an article in a rolling stones issue from 94 that said they kicked him out and he himself had no idea why... so who knows its probably something that will come out when pj have retired (touch wood they wont) hahaha

dont think we will ever know Krys....makes for a great conversation piece...even if it is about his tight arse!!
  • jemms wrote:
    Hiiii dan!!!! my name is krystie btw... how are you :D
    aaah yeah krystie, should have looked at the fans page on lifewasted.net huh.

I'm good... just added a countdown page ... http://lifewasted.net/countdown.htm ... not too sure about it. Kinda boring. Might have to keep working at it. But off to bed now!
    ||| lifewasted.net ||| Pearl Jam Fans Unite Down Under
    Hey jemms, Brad, what's happening?

Dan,

Not a lot, mate, you?... I really should have logged off a while ago, but dammit, I'm obsessed.

Did I meet ya in Melbourne in either 98 or 03???

Brad

This discussion has been closed.