Options

Best PJ Poster of ALL TIME ON EBAY!!!

Comments

• Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    pjtaper wrote:
    EMEK happened!
    WOHOO!!!!

why wohoo, is that some sort of victory?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So, the consensus is that EMEK had it taken down? Why would it be an illegal auction? Stolen? Fake? I don't understand. :confused::)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    So, the consensus is that EMEK had it taken down? Why would it be an illegal auction? Stolen? Fake? I don't understand. :confused::)

I do not think that EMEK took it down......
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    I do not think that EMEK took it down......
    Thanks. Any idea what happened though? It is strange. Doesn't seem like it was ended early by the email. Just kinda curious. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Thanks. Any idea what happened though? It is strange. Doesn't seem like it was ended early by the email. Just kinda curious. :)

Seller probably got an offer he couldn't refuse.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Seller probably got an offer he couldn't refuse.
    That's what I though originally until I saw the email. Ebay doesn't send those out if the seller ends the auction early. :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    That's what I though originally until I saw the email. Ebay doesn't send those out if the seller ends the auction early. :)

I had ebay end an auction once because they said that a word that I used in the title was too similar to spaming.....

so it could have been anything really....

although I am sure some people did email EMEK and trying to get him to shut it down

I just don't think there is anything that he could have done about it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    anyone else think it is possible the artist is actually the one auctioning this thing on ebay?

the description says that the person will be busy for the holiday with family and that he wont be able to answer questions? didnt emek just send out an email saying he was taking a holiday?

did they rip some and display them in a bathroom to get some last second hype built up?

perhaps the uncut version was removed because the person selling them realized he would get less because there was already one for auction? some speculated emek had it removed... i am not so sure about that...

i mean seriously... if he has a nice handfull of these and can get $3-5k for each print? tempting dont you think? also helps build his hype as an artist... shit, i would sell one every christmas and take care of the holiday expenses and travel for my family...

i am not making any accusations... i was just thinking outloud for a second... but i wouldnt say it was impossible... and they are his artwork and he can sell them if and when he wants as far as i am concerned...

flame on
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    did you just post this on Expresso Beans... I cannot say how I know, but this is NOT the artist selling this... In fact, I would suggest people not bid on this, EMEK does not want this poster to be out in public, he will get this other auction shut down also... whoever is selling these will be cut off from EMEK for sure.
    Don't bid, just watch!
  • Options
    also, view the sellers other items for sale... I highly doubt EMEK would go through all the trouble of putting up all those other crappy little items, have the feedback for selling the shit this guy sells, etc....
    it is not EMEK selling this!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pjtaper wrote:
    also, view the sellers other items for sale... I highly doubt EMEK would go through all the trouble of putting up all those other crappy little items, have the feedback for selling the shit this guy sells, etc....
    it is not EMEK selling this!

dont get me wrong... you're probably right...

but you never know...
  • Options
    no, I do know... I'm not going to say how, but I DO KNOW! I'm not trying to act like I'm smart, I am not, actually I am close to braindead, I am sick and feel like shit, but I am positive about this.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    did you just post this on Expresso Beans... I cannot say how I know, but this is NOT the artist selling this... In fact, I would suggest people not bid on this, EMEK does not want this poster to be out in public, he will get this other auction shut down also... whoever is selling these will be cut off from EMEK for sure.
    Don't bid, just watch!

Explain how he could possibly get this auction shut down? If it is not stolen merchandise, or a proven unauthorized copy, it's considered a viable, legal sale.

And Emek would have no way of knowing who the purchaser is. There are privacy policies in place that would keep Ebay from giving buyers information to Emek, he would have to go through court order to get that information. It is not illegal to buy this item as listed, unless as a buyer you are aware it is stolen. And only then would Emek have anyway of getting a court order to find out buyers information.

So explain to me how Emek would be able to cut you off ? It makes no sense.
  • Options
    EMEK numbers his prints, and knows who he gave which prints to... maybe he doodles them a little different, but ESPECIALLY this one he keeps track of. He will cut off the seller for sure, and it is illegal because EMEK never sold these and he doesn't want them out there...
    I don't know all the details, but I don't need to explain anything to anyone, that isn't my job...
    goddamn my head hurts!
  • Options
    Well if none are in legal circulation then that would qualify for the item to be removed from ebay. I wasn't aware that this poster had no circulation at all. But still the buyers information would remain private if the purchase was never completed.

And as an artist myself I couldn't imagine cutting off someone such as a buyer in this circumstance. JMO
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    pjtaper wrote:
    EMEK numbers his prints, and knows who he gave which prints to... maybe he doodles them a little different, but ESPECIALLY this one he keeps track of. He will cut off the seller for sure, and it is illegal because EMEK never sold these and he doesn't want them out there...
    I don't know all the details, but I don't need to explain anything to anyone, that isn't my job...
    goddamn my head hurts!
    People are scum.
  • Options
    Surf Life wrote:
    Well if none are in legal circulation then that would qualify for the item to be removed from ebay. I wasn't aware that this poster had no circulation at all. But still the buyers information would remain private if the purchase was never completed.

And as an artist myself I couldn't imagine cutting off someone such as a buyer in this circumstance. JMO

Emek can cut off anyone he wants and have will have no problem losing buyers. The supply is low and demand is high.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Emek can cut off anyone he wants and have will have no problem losing buyers. The supply is low and demand is high.

I'm not saying he couldn't cut off anyone he wants, that he knows about. I can cut off anyone I want too. It honestly has nothing to do with how big an artist you are. That is any artists’ prerogative and for me it’s not mine. This is JMO and you are completely entitled to yours as Emek is to his.

He however cannot go around laws to get what he wants. I was questioning what law that was being broken with these sales. I was not completely aware of the limited circulation of this particular poster.

I was also saying that in this circumstance he would not know who is offering money for the purchase and so how could he cut them off. It’s not a matter of his want to cut them off, but his ability to know who they are to cut them off.

BTW I do not own an Emek and don't plan on buying any in the future; I just wanted more clarification of the issue with this sale.

I also am not putting down his work; this poster is based on traditional Japanese woodblocks that I love. This is just not a necessary item of art for me.

peace.
  • Options
    Man do I wish I had this poster...
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Qball wrote:
    People are scum.

Why did you edit your post from yesterday that mentioned you and Pjtraper owned this print :confused:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    I don't have the print... maybe that is why it was edited?
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    pjtaper wrote:
    I don't have the print... maybe that is why it was edited?

What happened to yours?

http://www.expressobeans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4649&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75&sid=a32c6a5b001806098d3687c7e03b4609
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    I was bullshitting, I never had it... I know someone who does though!
  • Options
    Taper has lied before.... no offense but he told everyone thaqt he did not get the EMEK bee print ans was trying to get someone to sell/trade on to him.....later it came out that he did get one through the email systme.

Don't mean no harm Mr. Taper but you have been caught several times "pulling some legs" around here.....
  • Options
    I NEVER ONCE SAID I DIDN'T GET THE BEE PRINT!!! I didn't get the email about it as soon as everyone else so I thought I didn't, but I never said I didn't get one, just that I didn't get the email yet. Also, that happened on Expresso Beans that I posted a picture of the bee, not here... And yes, I do have one Bee, I'd like another, my girlfriend also loves the print and wants one.
    As for the EMEK Santa Barbara Wave, sorry, I lied, I don't have it... Nobody is supposed to have it... think what you want, I was under the impression it was OK to have, but I was wrong.
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    Hawkshore wrote:

It's on ebay right now for sale ?

Strange he goes back and edits posts on Dec 14th., tells us he lied about having the print and he is one who brought the ebay auction to our attention......hmmm

makes me think he is the seller.
  • Options
    no, I am not an EMEK flipper... for sure not the seller!
    If there is a way to tell where the seller is located, I am in Denver, CO... anyone who possibly has this poster and sells it risks being cut off forever from EMEK... I would be very unhappy if I was cut off from EMEK!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    $2275.

what a bunch of assholes.
  • Options
    I really hope EMEK gets this one taken down soon, before this asshole, I mean flipper get a high enough bid to contact the high bidder after it is shut down to buy it...
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I NEVER ONCE SAID I DIDN'T GET THE BEE PRINT!!! I didn't get the email about it as soon as everyone else so I thought I didn't, but I never said I didn't get one, just that I didn't get the email yet. Also, that happened on Expresso Beans that I posted a picture of the bee, not here... And yes, I do have one Bee, I'd like another, my girlfriend also loves the print and wants one.
    As for the EMEK Santa Barbara Wave, sorry, I lied, I don't have it... Nobody is supposed to have it... think what you want, I was under the impression it was OK to have, but I was wrong.

Cool whatever I do no t really care

I was just saying that you lost some credibility in some people's eyes on Ebeans you said that purposely keep it a secret what EMEK posters you have for fear of getting cut off by your GOD... it is all good to each their own

edit - this is how they should be shown... scroll to post 1873
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=149149&page=125