Options

Best PJ Poster of ALL TIME ON EBAY!!!

Comments

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i couldnt agree more :D

some people would ask for you to be banned for doing that. not me, but some people ;)
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    who in their right mind is willing to spend that much on a poster????

sad sad world.
  • Options
    emek is very overrated.

Well, opinions are like assholes... everyone's got one. Thanks for sharing yours.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    idratherbe wrote:
    Well, opinions are like assholes... everyone's got one. Thanks for sharing yours.

~peace~

i don't share my asshole :)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    idratherbe wrote:

~peace~

It's kind of funny, some pople get so riled up in defending their opinions on these posters, the artists, the bands the prints are for ... who sucks, who's awesome, who is an idiot for liking or not liking something ...

I like a lot of the folks I converse with about posters and the music they are for, both on here and on ebeans ... but man ... there is a ton of negativity in this poster collecting community.

"They're just posters, people!"
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    opinions are like assholes......

and only an asshole would spend $1400 on a fucking pearl jam poster........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I've touched one of these. I've heard there are very very few original. I was in his studio on Sunset Blvd (near guitar center), didn't realize it was his studio until I asked the guy, "Hey, you've got a lot of Emek, sup wit dat?" This was around the time of the SB show and I asked about the poster. He whipped it out and showed it to me. I touched it.

BUT, I think he's overrated and I don't care for his style. There are about 2 dozen Klausens or Ames that I would rather have over this one.
  • Options
    Best poster of all time? I think it's kind of ugly.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    joseppi wrote:
    Best poster of all time? I think it's kind of ugly.

I agree. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this. I really can't figure out what the fuss is over this one.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    idratherbe wrote:
    Well, I wouldn't shell out $1k plus for it.

I did, however, buy and frame an unadulterated S/N A/P "Unnatural Resources" for about $60. I mean, who can resist hemp paper, after all?
    http://www.emek.net/posters/w/wave_details.html

I love me some EMEK. :D

~peace~

man $60 how we wish for those prices after the fact
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    quasi wrote:
    I agree. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this. I really can't figure out what the fuss is over this one.

i would pay $25 plus $7.50 for shipping :)
  • Options
    Best poster of all time...No way, man. I really don't see anything special in it other than that it's very rare...but nothing strikes me as unique or special in the style. No real feel to it...Usually when you see a great piece of art you don't have think about it, you just know it. That's the way I feel, at east two cents worth.

Rock on you guys
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    my2hands wrote:
    what are you dropping on this one taper?

i would give my left testicle for one of these... but this is going to be crazy!

Ok,
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    you all just don't get it.....

best one... by far!!!!

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/56376
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    $ 1500 afetr one day ! 27 bids after one day !
    Some people are crazy ! Thi sposter is not ugly but this is not my favorite and, IMO, no poster is worth $1500...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    Lets get it right guys, the poster is a piece of art (doesnt do it for me) and is worth what the public are willing to pay. Prettyn simple really, I wouldnt pay personally, but hey people sure look prepared too.

To be honest thisn poster things is all crazy to me, I always wonder why the ames people dont just print a few more to stop people paying silly money, but then again its like saying why dont they paint a few more mona lisas to go round!!!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    thats a nice poster!!!!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    $1,550 right now, multiply that by at least 3 for the final value...
  • Options
    dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    not a fan of his art.and that's just a crazy price.i thought it was gonna be an old msg poster or something.......
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    thats a nice poster
    but not worth a grand

agreed.
    however, like most things...it's 'worth' is too whomever is willing to pay the price. so if someone pays a grand for it, i would assume it's worth it to them. if they can afford it, good for them! i have better things to spend $1000 bucks on. :p as an artist tho, i appreciate the 'value' in it, even in reproducible arts.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    idratherbe wrote:
    Well, I wouldn't shell out $1k plus for it.

I did, however, buy and frame an unadulterated S/N A/P "Unnatural Resources" for about $60. I mean, who can resist hemp paper, after all?
    http://www.emek.net/posters/w/wave_details.html

I love me some EMEK. :D

~peace~

That's what gets me about this print, it wasn't even originally made to be a Pearl Jam poster. Why pay an extra $1-3K just to have the band's name printed onto a reprint of an older poster?

Don't get me wrong, I think the original print is awesome. For a real pic of a typhoon wave that's incredibly similar check out picture 10 at (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/10/07/china.typhoon.ap/index.html#cnnSTCPhoto). I'd love to have one of the originals on my wall, but I'd just be embarrassed at having paid over $3K (as some are suggesting) for it.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    burnerben wrote:
    That's what gets me about this print, it wasn't even originally made to be a Pearl Jam poster. Why pay an extra $1-3K just to have the band's name printed onto a reprint of an older poster?

Don't get me wrong, I think the original print is awesome. For a real pic of a typhoon wave that's incredibly similar check out picture 10 at (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/10/07/china.typhoon.ap/index.html#cnnSTCPhoto). I'd love to have one of the originals on my wall, but I'd just be embarrassed at having paid over $3K (as some are suggesting) for it.

That is a big ass wave and was probably ten times bigger in real life since I'm sure that the picture does not do it justice
  • Options
    dr teeth wrote:
    not a fan of his art.and that's just a crazy price.i thought it was gonna be an old msg poster or something.......

The art print IMO is very nice and better than the one that he wrote Pearl Jam on the top

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/35513
  • Options
    you all just don't get it.....

best one... by far!!!!

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/56376

Which is now $100 not $20.
  • Options
    that drunken my little ponies blows...
  • Options
    there are plenty of posters i would buy for 1,500$. not this thing, not for 20$.

pjtaper wrote:
    $1,550 right now, multiply that by at least 3 for the final value...

so your saying at least 4,650$.

2,050$ is more like it.
  • Options
    there are plenty of posters i would buy for 1,500$. not this thing, not for 20$.

so your saying at least 4,650$.

2,050$ is more like it.
    Wanna bet on this?
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    Never mind he removed it then put it back up.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    Talk about nice steals though, you see the PJ Boston that went for BIN of $199 yesterday? Damn missed another one.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    With only a handful distributed, this poster is by far the rarest Pearl Jam poster ever made. With that said, it is not the best Pearl Jam or Emek poster ever. To me, Emek is king. His detail and inks are second to none. He is a pain in the ass to deal with and he is very unbusiness savy but his work still shows time and effort.

IMO:
    Best emek ever. Look at the photos. When this print glows in the dark it gives its takes it to a whole different level.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37608

Best PJ Maui 98. Absolutely amazing in person.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1613