Comments

• Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    i am here everyday

Truth be told.
    fuck the public
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    $2955 is where it ended... If it was anyone on here, SHAME ON YOU!
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    pjtaper wrote:
    $2955 is where it ended... If it was anyone on here, SHAME ON YOU!

Hoping for more were you?
  • Options
    hell no, I was hoping the auction would dissappear with maybe 10 minutes left, and the seller getting robbed that same night!
  • Options
    Who cares? I am sure this has been said over and over. If that person wanted to get rid of that poster, that is his or her right to do so. They acquired the rights to do whatever they wanted to with the print when they bought it. They could have framed it, thrown it away, lit it on fire, or sold it. If I had one of those prints and saw that I could get $3K for it, I would sell it immediately. For one, I don't think it is all that cool of a poster. I would sell it and then go buy all of the Ames/Klausen prints that are still on my "wanted" list and then pocket a couple grand.

I hope whoever bought it is happy with their purchase. That is the important part. What gets lost in all of this poster flipping madness is the fact that without people selling off their prints, people wouldn't be able to acquire prints from shows that they didn't attend or were unable to get their hands on. Yes, you can buy them on bigpop if you one of the lucky few to get the site to work for them, but this doesn't seem to help everyone. I had long wanted an '03 East Troy and was able to score one on eBay a while back. I love it and am happy that this person decided to "flip" their print, otherwise I never would have had the opportunity to get it, frame it, and display it on my wall. People that buy 7 prints just to horde and use as trade bait are just as bad as flippers to me.

End of rant.
  • Options
    Who cares? I am sure this has been said over and over. If that person wanted to get rid of that poster, that is his or her right to do so. They acquired the rights to do whatever they wanted to with the print when they bought it. They could have framed it, thrown it away, lit it on fire, or sold it. If I had one of those prints and saw that I could get $3K for it, I would sell it immediately. For one, I don't think it is all that cool of a poster. I would sell it and then go buy all of the Ames/Klausen prints that are still on my "wanted" list and then pocket a couple grand.

I hope whoever bought it is happy with their purchase. That is the important part. What gets lost in all of this poster flipping madness is the fact that without people selling off their prints, people wouldn't be able to acquire prints from shows that they didn't attend or were unable to get their hands on. Yes, you can buy them on bigpop if you one of the lucky few to get the site to work for them, but this doesn't seem to help everyone. I had long wanted an '03 East Troy and was able to score one on eBay a while back. I love it and am happy that this person decided to "flip" their print, otherwise I never would have had the opportunity to get it, frame it, and display it on my wall. People that buy 7 prints just to horde and use as trade bait are just as bad as flippers to me.

End of rant.
    I'm pretty sure the seller didn't buy it... I am also sure the ARTIST who created this art, the BAND who's name is on the poster, and the company in charge of most of PJ's posters have a BIG problem with this being out in the public and for sale.
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    pjtaper wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the seller didn't buy it... I am also sure the ARTIST who created this art, the BAND who's name is on the poster, and the company in charge of most of PJ's posters have a BIG problem with this being out in the public and for sale.

As all those parties listed had at least some part in this poster being 'worth' such a high price, it would be a little hypocrtical in this instance, wouldn't it Taper?
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    pjtaper wrote:
    hell no, I was hoping the auction would dissappear with maybe 10 minutes left, and the seller getting robbed that same night!

I'm not into the whole poster scene. But if I had the dough to blow and I like that poster a lot then what's wrong with dropping down a few G's for an art print that is mass produced and is just a remake of an earlier print by the same artist who is probably hording the rest of this very poster so that down the line he can sell them off for $5,000/piece or threaten to burn them if they don't sell and... nevermind.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,142
    pjtaper wrote:

Taper, besides your huge credibility problem, I think most people just don't think you know what you're talking about. So, shame on you.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Taper, besides your huge credibility problem, I think most people just don't think you know what you're talking about. So, shame on you.
    What is my credibility problem? I would say EVERYONE that I have ever traded a tape, poster, etc with on this message pit can back my credibility...
    You don't know me, so please keep quiet!
    And if you have a problem with me, PLEASE, PM me, you don't need to keep bringing up this crap in the pit.. Did I rip you off? I think not...
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    pjtaper wrote:

DAMN homie, unless you are a part of said list how on earth does this guy selling HIS poster piss you off.

Get of their nuts already beeatch.

All this "I hope EMEK takes it down" etc ... you are just mad you don't have one and someone who was actually lucky enought to have it decided he could use the mullah...

PJnutridding TAPER.... EMEK must be eager to be your best friend the way you ridding'
  • Options
    raystrey wrote:
    DAMN homie, unless you are a part of said list how on earth does this guy selling HIS poster piss you off.

Get of their nuts already beeatch.

All this "I hope EMEK takes it down" etc ... you are just mad you don't have one and someone who was actually lucky enought to have it decided he could use the mullah...

PJnutridding TAPER.... EMEK must be eager to be your best friend the way you ridding'
    Chill out Ray Ray, you don't know me...
    If I had $3,000 to blow on a poster, I sure as shit wouldn't buy this... Maybe I'd consider the 96 EMEK Charlotte for $1,000, but I am 100% positive if I won the lottery today I wouldn't spend a penny more than $1,000 on this... I like the Nick Cave EMEK 10X more, as well as Tool X-Ray, Radiohead, Velvet Revolver, and many others!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Best PJ Poster of ALL time...

Merriweather, 9-24-96
    ???

:D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?