***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    ha ha ha...a Dickie Thon pic. Fantastic!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited February 2014

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

trip down memory lane about the phils failed rebuild during the 80's. fun read. names like jeltz, stone, hayes, schu, carmen, and gross will make you both smile, and puke up your breakfast at the same time though:

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2013/11/1/5050378/the-phillies-rebuild-of-the-mid-80s-the-revolution-will-not-be

that brings back a lot of memories. boy did those teams from 84-92 suck. bad prospects and sorry retread veterans.

it's those years why I am very cautious when people say we should be starting guys like Galvis over Rollins.
    they were actually pretty good in 1986....would have been a wild card if it existed then.

galvis...haha..........jp crawford is this team's next short stop if all goes well.
    yea '86 they weren't bad but the Mets were awesome so it never felt like you had a chance.

hopefully Crawford can be that in the future but he has only played rookie ball to this point out of high school. long way to go to being a full time starting major league shortstop. galvis will most likely have to bridge that gap.
    crawford is the future. he could be our top prospect come this time next year (already 3rd in most places). rollins has a vesting option and will probably be back for 2015. so hopefully crawford is ready in 2016 or sooner.
    best case scenario sure but this franchise has been very slow to bring up younger players. Crawford will barely be 21 years of age in 2016. Hopefully he is the exception and can step right in at that point. where is scheduled to play this year? still A ball?
    yeah....i think there might be a difference with this guy. least i hope so. seems most analysts really liked the pick last year... including ones who always rip on the phils for everything. little hope there, but who knows?...........................plus, there could be a new gm at that point so maybe that philosophy could change a little.
    BASEBALL TALK! Here we go...

I don't know a single thing about that kid, but he would have to rocket through the minors like Manny Machado and skip at least one full level. That is a whole lot to ask of anyone.

to be ready by 2016?
    Yeah, right? Drafted in June means 2.5 years of minor league time before the big leagues. Again, I don't know dick about the guy aside from his baseball reference stats, but he would have to tear up A ball this year, tear up AA in 2015 and skip Triple A, while not getting injured once. That's essentially Profar, Castro and Machado fast. You guys would be set up pretty fucking solid if that were the case

law has him as the highest rated phils prospect at 46. i've seen some project him to making the team at some point in 2016.

46J.P. Crawford, SS
    AVG: .308OBP: .405OPS: .805HR: 1SB: 14
    lastname
    Crawford could have gone as high as 10th in the 2013 draft, as he was one of the Blue Jays' final choices for their pick in that spot, and was in every team's mix on down to the Phillies at 16, who were on him all spring as one of the draft's only true shortstops.

The Phils aren't afraid of slow-development guys, which Crawford appeared to be as a physically immature player who had present speed and some feel to hit. For these reasons his performance in the Gulf Coast League was surprising -- he finished second in the league in OBP and walked as often as he struck out, all while playing above-average defense at shortstop. He even held his own in a brief trial in low-A, an aggressive assignment for an 18-year-old just out of high school.

Crawford needs some help with his first step and actions around the bag at second base, and he's going to have to get stronger so he can continue to hit as he faces better fastballs, but the Phillies may have just nabbed an impact player in the middle of the diamond.

Sounds pretty legit. 46 is really high for an 18 year old. 2016 is most likely a stretch but that isn't a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination and that also isn't what I was getting at earlier. My point was it's just really rare for someone to move up that quick. Pitching changes pretty dramatically pretty quickly.
    i hear ya...my point is that this kid appears to be exceptional. we shall see. this will obviously be a telling year.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    That is some real dirtball shit, phillies
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

In reference to?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

In reference to?
    Ratting on kids to the NCAA who don't sign with them. Truly scumbag move. Fucking with kids eligibility because the won't sign

I talk a lot of shit on the phillies, most of it probably unwarranted, this is real nasty shit though

JK_Livin said:

In reference to?
    Ratting on kids to the NCAA who don't sign with them. Truly scumbag move. Fucking with kids eligibility because the won't sign

I talk a lot of shit on the phillies, most of it probably unwarranted, this is real nasty shit though
    I just read an article on it. That's pretty bad if they did it.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

JK_Livin said:

In reference to?

Read that this morning, I agree 100%. Why would a 17 or 18 year old not have representation while discussing his future?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

edited February 2014

JK_Livin said:

In reference to?

Read that this morning, I agree 100%. Why would a 17 or 18 year old not have representation while discussing his future?
    It makes no sense. The NCAA is the worst. You can't expect a kid and his family to work out a contract with a team who does this all the time. I hope this bites the Phillies in the ass.
    RAJ won't talk about it. Class

RAJ won't talk about it. Class

you typed "cl" by mistake. Ruin Tomorrow Jr. is an ass
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

JK_Livin said:

In reference to?

terribly classless and stupid by the phils to do this. there is zero reason to do it and just makes you look petty and pisses off the agents and players. hope they get taken to task for this b.s. move.
    hopefully it's just a rogue phils exec...but that is a bullshit move
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

dude, I know. Didn't even have to wait for you to reference shit. Two years in a row. Epitomizes amaros personality. he's such a loser
    Investigation over. Kid is suspended 20% of the season. Feel free to comment amaro, fucking dirtball
    A little bit of goodwill for the government to approve the sale? Regardless of the motives, definitely good news and a move in the right direction

http://mobile.philly.com/business/?wss=/philly/business/technology/&id=246774881
    Howard just homered and sprained both ankles, tore an achilles, tore an MCL, ratted on a few HS kids, while rounding the bases.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    so michael jack will be doing the sunday home games?
    www.myspace.com

so michael jack will be doing the sunday home games?

Swing and a loooooong drive........
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Baseball, baseball, baseball, baseball, baseball....

I don't care if they fuckin' suck. It's snowing and there's baseball today. Cannot wait for Sundays at the park.
  • I saw today's line-up on twitter this morning and assumed that it was a split-squad game.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    the new tv crew sounds...awkward, at best. fucking tmac...
    www.myspace.com
    I agree with pretty much everything but the sports stuff, obviously

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/philadelphia-underrated-city_n_4826930.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/philadelphia-underrated-city_n_4826930.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

meant to post that yesterday. pretty surprising how much stuff they got right for huff post. the writer must have family here or something.
    www.myspace.com

meant to post that yesterday. pretty surprising how much stuff they got right for huff post. the writer must have family here or something.
    Oh yeah, no doubt. You don't know about a lot of that stuff, R5, Bob and Barbara's, etc. without having a connection here. Then again, he did single out Buddakan, which is awesome, but strange that that is the restaurant he picked.
    Holy shit balls. Throw some fucking strikes, Phillies pitchers. I want to see Tanaka.

I think I hate your ugly Cuban pitcher.
    if you were to take a shot every time moyer and stairs say "you know," you would have alcohol poisoning by the 3rd inning.
    www.myspace.com

if you were to take a shot every time moyer and stairs say "you know," you would have alcohol poisoning by the 3rd inning.

no lie: stairs is averaging 5 "you knows" per comment. i realize it is the first week of spring training games....but this is horrible to listen to.
    www.myspace.com
    I turned it on for 12 seconds and they were saying they are going to bring clubhouse talk or something stupid along those lines to the broadcast

I turned it on for 12 seconds and they were saying they are going to bring clubhouse talk or something stupid along those lines to the broadcast

yeah. i heard jamie moyer describe what he meany by calling a pitch "filthy." i think i want wheels back. haha
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    edited March 2014

My Grandmother says "ya know" a hundred times a conversation too.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.