Options

Stay tuned

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    So why all the teasing and tweeting? Why's the announcement taking so long?
    It's a good question. I'm not sure who over at 10C is getting their kicks by dangling carrots in front of our faces, but I don't find it very amusing. :| I am going to be one of those people who doesn't know if she should plan a trip to Chicago or not because they won't release the date or tell us if this is part of a larger tour or separate from one. I mean, the guessing game is fun up to a point, but now that we all know what the surprise is, why not just tell us everything already??

I predict the announcement at 4:59pm PST...then they can all go home and wait for the site to blow up and crash, then they will be sitting at home: :corn: and :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited January 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    It's a good question. I'm not sure who over at 10C is getting their kicks by dangling carrots in front of our faces, but I don't find it very amusing. :| I am going to be one of those people who doesn't know if she should plan a trip to Chicago or not because they won't release the date or tell us if this is part of a larger tour or separate from one. I mean, the guessing game is fun up to a point, but now that we all know what the surprise is, why not just tell us everything already??
    kasedoug wrote:
    Just have to wait for the final reveal. I like that they're getting everyone excited about it. Coachella also just tweeted a video entitled "Bloom," with flowers and the festival itself coming to life in the desert. Build the hype.

Reminds me of when Foo Fighters were doing small club shows around LA and announcing them via twitter. They'd drop hints throughout the day before a final reveal of the show location in the late afternoon and then it was a mad dash to the venue to get in. I thought it was really fun.
    That sounds too stressful to me! I don't like to rush. :) I agree it's cool to get everyone excited by dropping a hint first... but now the cat is out of the bag, and everyone's excited. Time for details!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

I predict the announcement at 4:59pm PST...then they can all go home and wait for the site to blow up and crash, then they will be sitting at home: :corn: and :lol:
    i predict nothing will happen today!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    kasedoug wrote:
    Reminds me of when Foo Fighters were doing small club shows around LA and announcing them via twitter. They'd drop hints throughout the day before a final reveal of the show location in the late afternoon and then it was a mad dash to the venue to get in. I thought it was really fun.]

now THAT would be insane!...i remember when they did that. Cool as Hell
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:
    Reminds me of when Foo Fighters were doing small club shows around LA and announcing them via twitter. They'd drop hints throughout the day before a final reveal of the show location in the late afternoon and then it was a mad dash to the venue to get in. I thought it was really fun.]

Ugh. Sounds awful to me. So you drop everything, rush over from across town in LA traffic, and can't get in. Or you can't go because you have plans you can't get out of. Or you cancel plans to try and get in but don't.... No thanks! I'm ALL for spontaneity, but not when it means a ton of people are going to be inconvenienced.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Beachman44Beachman44 Swedesboro, NJ Posts: 170
    Fans are the best part = Fan club only show at Wrigley?
    9/29/1996, 8/28/1998, 8/29/1998, 9/8/1998, 8/25/2000, 9/1/2000, 9/2/2000, 4/28/2003, 5/03/2003, 7/5/2003, 7/6/2003, 10/01/2004, 9/19/2005, 10/1/2005, 10/3/2005, 5/27/2006, 5/28/2006, 5/30/2006, 6/26/2006, 4/15/2008. 6/19/2008, 6/20/2008, 6/22/2008, 8/16/2008, 10/28/2009, 10/30/2009, 10/31/2009, 5/13/2010, 9/3/2011, 9/4/2011, 9/2/2012, 10/21/2013, 10/22/2013, 10/27/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016, 4/28/2016, 4/29/2016, 9/2/2018, 9/18/2021, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Holy shit the world is going insane today!! It better be September not July for me to have a chance in hell of scratching together funds for this!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    where is the fun in saying "hey dudes, new tour coming"...?

TT now stands for Twitter Tuesday...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Obviously this announcement isn't anything like that with PJ playing a ballpark, but just comparing the use of twitter between the two. Went to 2 of the 5 Foo Fighters shows they did like that. They were absolutely incredible.
    pjradio wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    ...waiting, watching the clock...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    where is the fun in saying "hey dudes, new tour coming"...?

TT now stands for Twitter Tuesday...
    :lol: :roll: It's like people saying it's "no fun" to know the sex of a baby before it's born. As though the birth of a baby isn't enough excitement - they need it to be a surprise party too - otherwise it's just not fun enough! :lol:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Ugh. Sounds awful to me. So you drop everything, rush over from across town in LA traffic, and can't get in.

...or maybe you WERE able to get in. Would be pretty sweet, right?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    as exciting as this is, i really wish they'd announce all of the shows at once.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Holy shit the world is going insane today!! It better be September not July for me to have a chance in hell of scratching together funds for this!!
    same here..but still believe isnt september this one
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I know everyone hates this kind of post but heard from a friend who works in yankee stadium that they are going to play there this summer as well ..... don't shoot the messenger
  • Options

it's a little after 4 o'clock...it's got to stop
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:

Ugh. Sounds awful to me. So you drop everything, rush over from across town in LA traffic, and can't get in. Or you can't go because you have plans you can't get out of. Or you cancel plans to try and get in but don't.... No thanks! I'm ALL for spontaneity, but not when it means a ton of people are going to be inconvenienced.

Actually, the Foos' club gigs were a lot of fun. I'm about 30 mins out of Hollywood and was able to make it to two of them, without much hassle. Yes, they require you to drop EVERYTHING, but if you love the band it's worth it.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    mfc2006 wrote:
    as exciting as this is, i really wish they'd announce all of the shows at once.

This for sure.

Or at least the damn dates of these shows!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    pjradio wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Ugh. Sounds awful to me. So you drop everything, rush over from across town in LA traffic, and can't get in.

Yeah (if it was a good band and not FF, anyway ;) ) ... But what about the people who weren't?
    I get liking excitement. But I'm not big on things where a bunch of people are let down, even if I'm not one of them. I dunno. I can understand both sides of the argument. But if PJ did something like that, simply the stress of trying to get there on time would be more unpleasant for me than fun, and it'd be like a kick in the gut for fans who didn't make it on time or couldn't go.
  • Options
    I was 2 for 2 of the shows I tried to get into. ;) I guess the only good thing about my old job as a retail store manager is the random days off where you could do that. Also, for the last show at the Troubadour, I was tipped off by a hint and was at the venue (along with 50 or so people already there) before the announcement was made.
    pjradio wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    kb272930 wrote:
    I know everyone hates this kind of post but heard from a friend who works in yankee stadium that they are going to play there this summer as well ..... don't shoot the messenger
    I'd pee my pants if this was true!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol:

:wave:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    That's a lot bigger ballpark than Wrigley, which would be a lot tougher to fill. Chicago also has the draw of being Ed's hometown.
    kb272930 wrote:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    kasedoug wrote:
    That's a lot bigger ballpark than Wrigley, which would be a lot tougher to fill. Chicago also has the draw of being Ed's hometown.
    kb272930 wrote:
    With the right support act, maybe. By right support act, I mean someone as Big as Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,352
    Releasing the two concerts of PJ20 at Alpine Valley.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:
    kb272930 wrote:
    With the right support act, maybe. By right support act, I mean someone as Big as Pearl Jam.
    I don't think PJ would have any problem selling that out without a huge support act. The demand is massive for them in NYC and surrounding areas. But hey, a massive opener would work for me! ... If this rumour is true, I'll have a tough decision to make. So tough, I almost hope it's not true.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't think PJ would have any problem selling that out without a huge support act. The demand is massive for them in NYC and surrounding areas. But hey, a massive opener would work for me! ... If this rumour is true, I'll have a tough decision to make. So tough, I almost hope it's not true.
    I probably would go Wrigley over Yankee Stadium even though I can take a train directly to it from New Haven.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I probably would go Wrigley over Yankee Stadium even though I can take a train directly to it from New Haven.
    Why's that? Because it's smaller?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    kasedoug wrote:
    kb272930 wrote:

Yankee Stadium? Biggest PJ market in the country. Would sell out very fast.
This discussion has been closed.