Options

Stay tuned

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    wxrt said they have a big concert announcement tomorrow at 7am.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/2939160 ... 28/photo/1

Cubbies are jumping all over this gravy train.
  • Options
    Hurry up and announce the damn thing so I can get my email saying I wasn't drawn in the ticket lottery... :fp:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    81 wrote:

:cry:
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:

:thumbup:

Edit: Although, now that i think about it, it'll probably just be an announcement of a rumor, with no real details. :fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:thumbup:

Edit: Although, now that i think about it, it'll probably just be an announcement of a rumor, with no real details. :fp:

i think it'll be real news, don't know if it will be this news...not that it matters...we're just waiting on a date now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Will someone post here in the a.m. regardless, so I don't have to go through my non-wired day and wonder?
    Much obliged. :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    Why does everyone think September? Does it take 9 months notice? Hoping for May myself.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Why does everyone think September? Does it take 9 months notice? Hoping for May myself.

you gotta remember, they are playing on a Minor league teams turf. it takes some time to set up the stage, have the shows, and tear down the stage and most importantly for the cubs, fix the turf. that narrows possible show dates to spots that have big down time for the cubs at home. July and September. some country dude is playing in july. then you add in the noise stuff. wrigley is smack dab in the middle of a residential part of town. you're not going to have show after show after show. september is the most logical date
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    81 wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

you gotta remember, they are playing on a Minor league teams turf. it takes some time to set up the stage, have the shows, and tear down the stage and most importantly for the cubs, fix the turf. that narrows possible show dates to spots that have big down time for the cubs at home. July and September. some country dude is playing in july. then you add in the noise stuff. wrigley is smack dab in the middle of a residential part of town. you're not going to have show after show after show. september is the most logical date

Gotcha. Not looking forward to a 8-9 month wait if that's the case.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    81 wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Also, others have mentioned that previous Wrigley concerts have taken place in September. Also, with Soundgarden announcing a date in May, they may be active over the summer.
  • Options
    Don't you know, Pearl Jam hijacked Labor Day. I motion for a congressional proclamation for a name change of the holiday to Pearl Jam Weekend. :lol:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Don't you know, Pearl Jam hijacked Labor Day. I motion for a congressional proclamation for a name change of the holiday to Pearl Jam Weekend. :lol:

Pearljamuary
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

Pearljamuary

Nice! :lol:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This is great and all... And I will probably be there... But does anyone else just want to get past this little hype fest for one show and see what other shows are being played in 2013?
  • Options
    the interesting thing is....that Jason Aldean is only scheduled for one wrigley show on july 20th....so they could easily do a pj show on the 19th or 21st.....if PJ was only going to play one show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

Pearljamuary

Nice! :lol:

Labor Day for me now is Officially Dirty Frank Day!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    81 wrote:
    the interesting thing is....that Jason Aldean is only scheduled for one wrigley show on july 20th....so they could easily do a pj show on the 19th or 21st.....if PJ was only going to play one show.

....jason aldean :lol::lol:

who the fuck is that?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    81 wrote:

who the fuck is that?

I was thinking the same thing.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    81 wrote:

who the fuck is that?

i think 81 is just making shit up
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

who the fuck is that?

exactly...

some country dude. never heard of him before they announced he was playing wrigley.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    81 wrote:

who the fuck is that?

Holy Crap loads.... The Rodeo! You guys are messing with my brain.
    Stop these rumors. I can see PJ now... smelling the livestock show. :lol::lol:

No way they will come during or for the Houston Rodeo.
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    DURP wrote:

who the fuck is that?

you ever get that thing in your basement ironed out?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    :yawn:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    81 wrote:

They did this last year.....Roger Waters played one night, and then some country show the next night.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    This is great and all... And I will probably be there... But does anyone else just want to get past this little hype fest for one show and see what other shows are being played in 2013?

I totally agree! I cannot understand why every other band announces a normal tour schedule and PJ doesn't. It's a wonderful community and the shows are fantastic but this is just bullshit! After 56 shows, this one date here or there is getting old.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Although I would love to go to Wrigley, not knowing when it's happening is very frustrating. As I have mentioned before, I have to submit my vacation time by the end of January, and I'm on pins and needles wondering when the date will be announced!! :?
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    I haven't read back through all the pages, but Boston 9/21 now too? http://grungereport.net/?p=20711
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

you ever get that thing in your basement ironed out?

Houston HELP me OUT! Does anyone have a basement in this city? :cry:
This discussion has been closed.