Anti-Dentite

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I finally put on my big girl pants and made an appointment for Sept 24th. :thumbup:

hey congratulations, that was a big step

I finally put on my big boy pants and made an appointment for October 5th :thumbup:
    Congrats to you too! :lol:

I think this thread kind of acts like that support group you were talking about. Once I publicly admitted that it had been at least three years, my shame made me book the appointment. :lol:

thanks for holding my hand and being my support :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Okay, on my way to my appointment. :cry::cry: Wish me luck. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    have another visit scheduled for this friday to do another filling, this time on the left.looks like ICE cold drinks will become a thing of the past. new fillings on the right side transmit that cold straight to the nerve!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    :o:o I have a cavity! :oops: Nothing major, but it's between the teeth, so I doubt that's a pleasant procedure. :cry: I go back to be tortured in 2 or 3 weeks. Fuck. :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :o:o I have a cavity! :oops: Nothing major, but it's between the teeth, so I doubt that's a pleasant procedure. :cry: I go back to be tortured in 2 or 3 weeks. Fuck. :fp:
    thats where the two I've already had done were and I suspect the third to get done this friday. I have a good dentist. very patient and thorough. topical numbing agent on the gum. round of shots upper and lower to start then another round mid way through. biggest discomfort for me was after the numbing wore off. teeth were sore as were the gums. My cavities were between the teeth right at the gum line.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    thats where the two I've already had done were and I suspect the third to get done this friday. I have a good dentist. very patient and thorough. topical numbing agent on the gum. round of shots upper and lower to start then another round mid way through. biggest discomfort for me was after the numbing wore off. teeth were sore as were the gums. My cavities were between the teeth right at the gum line.
    Uuuuugggghhhh! Sounds awful!
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    acually wasnt as bad as before I had it done. Was a relief and I was surprised at that.

mickeyrat wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    acually wasnt as bad as before I had it done. Was a relief and I was surprised at that.
    Yes, I'm sure it really softens the blow when you were being bothered by the cavities. I personally had no issues at all - no discomfort whatsoever from the cavity, and I am surprised to find that I have one. If I had pain from it I'd be clamouring to get it taken care of probably.
    and that was three fillings today in three teeth right in a row. went below the gumline a bit too.
    Dentist said after looking at the xrays , "may need to do a root canal" :shock: Thankfully he didnt. Came REAL close though.

So to recap. Thats 5 fillings in two visits and more work on at least one more tooth possibly two to come AFTER I see PJ in Buffalo.

mickeyrat wrote:
    and that was three fillings today in three teeth right in a row. went below the gumline a bit too.
    Dentist said after looking at the xrays , "may need to do a root canal" :shock: Thankfully he didnt. Came REAL close though.

So to recap. Thats 5 fillings in two visits and more work on at least one more tooth possibly two to come AFTER I see PJ in Buffalo.
    panic.gifpanic.gif
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I have cavities in my two front teeth. I have to go to the dentist and get them filled for the 3rd time. I can't handle the local they give, the last time I got cavities filled they had to do 3 rounds before I actually went numb. I found a dentist near my house that has good reviews on yelp but I don't have the balls to go in there and ask about pricing yet.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:
    I have cavities in my two front teeth. I have to go to the dentist and get them filled for the 3rd time. I can't handle the local they give, the last time I got cavities filled they had to do 3 rounds before I actually went numb. I found a dentist near my house that has good reviews on yelp but I don't have the balls to go in there and ask about pricing yet.
    I'm like that too. I need plenty of extra freezing before I'm frozen. Some people are just like that - something about how their nerves function I think? I saw some explanation somewhere but forget exactly what it was. Last time I got stitches I forgot to mention that, until I felt the needle go through me as though there was no freezing at all. I must remember to tell my dentist this info when I go for this filling!!
    today is the day :( :x :( :x
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    Give em hell!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    smarchee wrote:
    Give em hell!

lol, I got nothing to give, I'll be passive and trying to restrain myself in the chair
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    Give em hell!

lol, I got nothing to give, I'll be passive and trying to restrain myself in the chair
    What exactly are they doing today?

just a cleaning, check-up, but I am scared they might find a cavity or something

and I fucking hate that sucking thing :twisted:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:

just a cleaning, check-up, but I am scared they might find a cavity or something

Ugh! Me too! And that awful grainy toothpaste that doesn't really rinse away for hours. At least they improved the fluoride application method though. When they used to put that big tray in my mouth with that horrible stuff on it and just left me sitting there holding the sucking thing in my mouth so I don't choke on the fluoride, I'd almost want to cry. Now the fluoride just comes in a mouthwash, and that is sooooo much better!!

Good luck Smarchee!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    smarchee wrote:

The sucking thing kicks ass!
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Ugh! Me too! And that awful grainy toothpaste that doesn't really rinse away for hours. At least they improved the fluoride application method though. When they used to put that big tray in my mouth with that horrible stuff on it and just left me sitting there holding the sucking thing in my mouth so I don't choke on the fluoride, I'd almost want to cry. Now the fluoride just comes in a mouthwash, and that is sooooo much better!!

Good luck Smarchee!

haha, I was talking about the way we were given flouride as a kid and the dental assistant said, oh yeah, the trays, ewwwwwww, that was so fucking gross, why did we have to go through such disgusting pain

well, it was an interesting visit to the dentist. They did like 12 ex-rays and had some weird contraption for that that she kept inserting into my mouth. Then they poked at my gums and went around my mouth analyzing my gums I think, and kept reading out numbers. Then the dentist came in and looked around. He said I have been brushing my teeth too aggressively and wearing out my gums around the teeth and that I need to stop brushing so aggressively. He said if it continues I might be looking at some surgery, like a graft, where they take skin from part of gums and put it around the teeth that are really worn down? WTF. Oh dear, so yeah I guess I will buy an electric toothbrush that they recommended and not listen to my vinyl loud when I brush my teeth :lol:

Then the assistant cleaned them and that hurt a bit because my gums were sensitive from the poking and prawing, and I have multiple cavities :x :( but they said they can deal with 1 or 2 that are troublesome for now.

So I paid for not going to the dentist for 5 years

ugh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Good luck Smarchee!

haha, I was talking about the way we were given flouride as a kid and the dental assistant said, oh yeah, the trays, ewwwwwww, that was so fucking gross, why did we have to go through such disgusting pain

well, it was an interesting visit to the dentist. They did like 12 ex-rays and had some weird contraption for that that she kept inserting into my mouth. Then they poked at my gums and went around my mouth analyzing my gums I think, and kept reading out numbers. Then the dentist came in and looked around. He said I have been brushing my teeth too aggressively and wearing out my gums around the teeth and that I need to stop brushing so aggressively. He said if it continues I might be looking at some surgery, like a graft, where they take skin from part of gums and put it around the teeth that are really worn down? WTF. Oh dear, so yeah I guess I will buy an electric toothbrush that they recommended and not listen to my vinyl loud when I brush my teeth :lol:

Then the assistant cleaned them and that hurt a bit because my gums were sensitive from the poking and prawing, and I have multiple cavities :x :( but they said they can deal with 1 or 2 that are troublesome for now.

So I paid for not going to the dentist for 5 years

ugh
    That suuuuuuuucks! :(
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That suuuuuuuucks! :(

no doubt, but I feel better, the worse is over, now to go forward on regular visits and regular maintenance with gentle brush strokes 8-)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Well, I start another round of fun on March 15th.
    FUCK THAT DENTIST!!!!!!!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    For all of you with dentist issues I thought you could use the laugh
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    currently waiting on 2 crowns. Have done the prep for them. # 4 and 30. # 4 had been filled to within an inch of its life. which lasted about 5 months before I needed a root canal. I suspect # 30 will need a root canal when all is said and done. Of that comes to fruition I will be seeking another dentist. In my view if you think its a good possibility to have the root canal. Just fucking do it. Dont fill it then wait . That shit is coming out of my pocket you fuckers. Plus the lost time form work?

Endodontists my dentist referred me to are awesome btw.

mickeyrat said:

currently waiting on 2 crowns. Have done the prep for them. # 4 and 30. # 4 had been filled to within an inch of its life. which lasted about 5 months before I needed a root canal. I suspect # 30 will need a root canal when all is said and done. Of that comes to fruition I will be seeking another dentist. In my view if you think its a good possibility to have the root canal. Just fucking do it. Dont fill it then wait . That shit is coming out of my pocket you fuckers. Plus the lost time form work?

Endodontists my dentist referred me to are awesome btw.

Sounds like your current dentist is purposefully screwing you out of your money.... reminds me of my fucking vet.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dentists (not dental surgeons so much) are predatory! They scheme for your money, they are disingenous about their methods effectiveness, and their methods themselves are little more than carpentry skills... Look up the american chemical societies position on the hazards of mercury and then compare it to the opinions of the dental societies to see how dissembling they are as a profession... That being said, good luck with your teeth everyone! Lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

dentists (not dental surgeons so much) are predatory! They scheme for your money, they are disingenous about their methods effectiveness, and their methods themselves are little more than carpentry skills... Look up the american chemical societies position on the hazards of mercury and then compare it to the opinions of the dental societies to see how dissembling they are as a profession... That being said, good luck with your teeth everyone! Lol

True for the most part. I am lucky. My dentist never pulls that shit. He didn't even suggest that I get my wisdom teeth removed when I first went to him and he saw that I still had them in my 30s. Most dentists will tell you you should get them all pulled because "it could cause problems later" or whateverthefuck.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

True for the most part. I am lucky. My dentist never pulls that shit. He didn't even suggest that I get my wisdom teeth removed when I first went to him and he saw that I still had them in my 30s. Most dentists will tell you you should get them all pulled because "it could cause problems later" or whateverthefuck.
    That happened to me... "You should get your wisdom teeth removed bc you'll certainly have problems later. It's impossible to clean them thoroughly, they will decay which could lead to systemic infection and heart disease." Scare tactics. I said no thx I'll take good care of them. I've had no problems. It's like going to get the oil changed in the car and the mechanic comes out with the list of malfunctioning parts and dooms day scenario of the car breaking down or bursting into flame. You have to use common sense. Unfortunately I think dentists have you in a vulnerable position and are often trusted bc they are doctors.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
    edited April 2014
    I got my teeth cleaned 2 weeks ago. It was horrible. The way they scrape in between your teeth and gums with that metal pick tool. It's one of the worst feelings. I can't help but find amusement as I lay there and picture in my mind what I must look like, hanging slightly upside down, mouth wide open, at the mercy of the dental hygienist. Sometimes have to try and think of something else or I might break out laughing, which would be a really awkward situation.

Getting a cavity filled later. Piece of cake. The hard part is over, lol.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self