Anti-Dentite

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Well, it took a couple of days, but now I love my new teeth.
    When my insurance kicks in come April.
    I will be visiting the dentist quite often.

Fuck the dentist! :P :P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

:mrgreen: YAY!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:mrgreen: YAY!!!
    The 1st day I freaked out!
    They make your new teeth to look "how they should look".
    Not what the old teeth looked like. If you know what I mean.
    So at a young age, both my front teeth were chipped, and then after braces, they were grinded down to look somewhat normal. Well my new teeth, the front 2, are twice the fucking size as the old ones. :lol::lol:

It freaked me the fuck out! :lol::lol::lol:
    But after a couple days I love em.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    The 1st day I freaked out!
    They make your new teeth to look "how they should look".
    Not what the old teeth looked like. If you know what I mean.
    So at a young age, both my front teeth were chipped, and then after braces, they were grinded down to look somewhat normal. Well my new teeth, the front 2, are twice the fucking size as the old ones. :lol::lol:

It freaked me the fuck out! :lol::lol::lol:
    But after a couple days I love em.

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah that would be strange....but glad you love them now...time to show those bad boys off!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I just went out and bought the SPEEDY starter kit for my trip to Chicago

TwoFrontTeeth90.jpg
    This $300 a month dental bill, is starting to get on my fucking nerves!

:shock: :shock:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

:lol::lol:

gotta admit, i hate buying anything on credit...if you pay right away you appreaite it...wait a month and you hate it.

last year's vacation, we put just about everything on her credit card....6 weeks later, finally comes time to pay....i felt so empty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol:

gotta admit, i hate buying anything on credit...if you pay right away you appreaite it...wait a month and you hate it.

last year's vacation, we put just about everything on her credit card....6 weeks later, finally comes time to pay....i felt so empty
    I hear ya.
    But you know the story.
    At least I am not going to pay any interest.
    Ill be done in a year.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Just got my checkup reminder in the mail. I'll be sure to put that off until late August
    So today I started the process of cleaning, and coming up with a game plan to attack the 4,924 cavities I have.
    Also found out I am going to need a crown.

Be back in 10 days to get 3 of the 4,924 cavities filled.

:P <
    (stupid fucking toothless face)
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    I just went out and bought the SPEEDY starter kit for my trip to Chicago

TwoFrontTeeth90.jpg

Is that a raft? It would scare the sharks away.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

So today I started the process of cleaning, and coming up with a game plan to attack the 4,924 cavities I have.
    Also found out I am going to need a crown.

Be back in 10 days to get 3 of the 4,924 cavities filled.

:P <
    (stupid fucking toothless face)
    Out of pocket, I am only looking at $500 or so to get everything taken care of.
    Everything but the crown.
    The crown I am going to wait for.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I hate the dentist. I haven't been in a few years dunno how many. Last time I went to one a coworker recommended because I saw a cavity in the back of my front tooth. I figured if I could see it, it must be a big deal.

It was the most horrible experience I've ever had while sitting in a reclining chair with my feet up. (because lets face it, dentist chairs are glorified recliners.

Now they keep calling me and sending me post cards and shit trying to get me to go for a check up. I called them back once and told them not to call me or send me any more shit cuz no longer have the dental discount plan i had at the time of visit. They just told me about whatever special they were running and still send me shit.

Next call I get I'm telling them I'm moving to the Maldives.

:fp: Like I needed any more reasons to avoid finding a new dentist.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Dentist sent me a postcard telling me I was due for a cleaning a while ago.

I'll put this off for the rest of summer, probably...

:fp:
    OUCH!!!!

I have to go through this 2 more times????

They took care of 2 cavities today...
    They are going to take care of 3 more in 2 weeks.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Was not looking forward to the visit to the dentist yesterday, but found out I have no cavities. :D Now I can avoid her for another six months.
    ELITIST FUK
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    so the work begins ,

appt tomorrow to see if I can get relief for the annoying as fuck immune to aspirin-ibuprofen-aleve pain/discomfort in two teeth. One right above the other. Cleaning scheduled for next week.

Good time though, open enrollment is coming soon and I can up my flex spending account for next year.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Ugh. I have to get to the dentist. It's been too long - it's making me feel irresponsible. :fp: I am a huge anti-dentite!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Ugh. I have to get to the dentist. It's been too long - it's making me feel irresponsible. :fp: I am a huge anti-dentite!

I'm in the same boat, and my teeth have been bugging me of late, so I have been paying alot more attention to them, but it's time to bite the bullet soon

I'm embarrassed to say how long it has been since I visited the dentist

1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I'm in the same boat, and my teeth have been bugging me of late, so I have been paying alot more attention to them, but it's time to bite the bullet soon

I'm embarrassed to say how long it has been since I visited the dentist

Well I'll dare to start.... 3 years, maybe even 4. :oops: I don't even feel like a grown up when I talk about not going to the dentist :lol: Okay, that's it, I'm making an appointment this weekend! .... maybe. :shifty:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Well I'll dare to start.... 3 years, maybe even 4. :oops: I don't even feel like a grown up when I talk about not going to the dentist :lol: Okay, that's it, I'm making an appointment this weekend! .... maybe. :shifty:

yeah I am around there, but I have had great teeth all my life, no cavities, no problems, so I banked some annual dentist visit skips, but my teeth are telling me that I should go, so I have to make an appointment soon, I have no procrastinating chips left to cash in.

maybe we can start a support group?

:lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

yeah I am around there, but I have had great teeth all my life, no cavities, no problems, so I banked some annual dentist visit skips, but my teeth are telling me that I should go, so I have to make an appointment soon, I have no procrastinating chips left to cash in.

maybe we can start a support group?

:lol:
    That sounds like a good idea. What's the goal? To make the dentist haters feel better about not going, or to encourage them to suck it up and go? :think:
  • The past few times I have gone, much to my surprise, I've been cavity free.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That sounds like a good idea. What's the goal? To make the dentist haters feel better about not going, or to encourage them to suck it up and go? :think:

encourage them to suck it up and go :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    mickeyrat wrote:
    so the work begins ,

appt tomorrow to see if I can get relief for the annoying as fuck immune to aspirin-ibuprofen-aleve pain/discomfort in two teeth. One right above the other. Cleaning scheduled for next week.

Good time though, open enrollment is coming soon and I can up my flex spending account for next year.
    okie dokie, Having three teeth "fixed" next week after my cleaning. two cavities and something being done with the missing back half of a tooth with a major filling. Its really just begun,As I'm sure I have periodontal issues as I know I have suffered bone loss and subsequent gum decline.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    cleaning went better than I thought it would. 2 cavities filled on top, one of which was pretty big considering. Bottom tooth repair(long term temporary?) comes after a different tooth on the left gets filled. Bottom tooth is missing part of the back half. Doc was talking maybe a crown in the not too distant future. Right side of my mouth is good and numb at the moment. So is the right nostril!! weird feeling for sure.

I finally put on my big girl pants and made an appointment for Sept 24th. :thumbup:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I finally put on my big girl pants and made an appointment for Sept 24th. :thumbup:

hey congratulations, that was a big step

I finally put on my big boy pants and made an appointment for October 5th :thumbup:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

hey congratulations, that was a big step

I finally put on my big boy pants and made an appointment for October 5th :thumbup:
    Congrats to you too! :lol:

I think this thread kind of acts like that support group you were talking about. Once I publicly admitted that it had been at least three years, my shame made me book the appointment. :lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Fuck Dentist ... the last 2 times I went to the dentist, I went for a check and cleaning, my teeth felt fine both times but apparently I had cavities, got the teeth fixed and both time within few months I ended up with infections in my teeth in the general area the dentist was working on ... right now I'm on antibiotics and my tooth is throbbing. Not sure if this is coincidence or bad luck. But I'm thinking no more dentist unless there is a problem.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon