Options

UNOfficial petition to bring back F5

Comments

• Options
    F5 but modified. Tickets should be available in waves. 10 - 12 for 10club numbers 100-1000, 12-2 for numbers 1001 - 2000, you get the idea. You put in your number like a presale password to get into the ticketing. Less people trying at one time and seniority gets you first shot. Each grouping is slotted a certain number of the tickets so still luck and f5 skill involved to get the tickets in your allotted time. Food for thought?
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    F5 let our voice be heard!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i know i've said this today....

but really...

it's amazing how smooth a fan club pre sale can be when properly managed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,223
    F5 but modified. Tickets should be available in waves. 10 - 12 for 10club numbers 100-1000, 12-2 for numbers 1001 - 2000, you get the idea. You put in your number like a presale password to get into the ticketing. Less people trying at one time and seniority gets you first shot. Each grouping is slotted a certain number of the tickets so still luck and f5 skill involved to get the tickets in your allotted time. Food for thought?

I think you have to be careful with the seniority thing. Every since seniority determined seat location, the attrition rate for membership has really decreased. IE the amount of people who leave the 10c is fairly small (there are people that leave, but most people keep renewing because it has that benefit). If you determine ticket priority based on seniority, its going to screw over new fans.. and not even brand new ones. I bet the crossover point would be somewhere between memberships 5-10 years old.

Therefore if they were to do it in waves, it should be random, which is basically the lottery anyways, so it defeats the purpose :)

I've been in the club since '98, so I think your system would work better for me than the current lotto. I'm still think its unfair to newer members (and future members) to cut them out of the chance to get tickets.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,917
    F5 or not. I just hope they could bring back single 10club ticket options.

Also if they could try out NIN's new way of picking up fan club tickets, that would be great ..

2) The pre-sale tickets available from NIN.com are non-transferable and the will call name must match the name on your NIN.com account – THERE WILL BE NO WILL CALL NAME CHANGES. Your tickets will have your name printed on them, and you must show matching valid government-issued photo ID at the venue in order to pick up your tickets. THE REGISTERED NIN.COM MEMBER PICKING UP TICKETS MUST IMMEDIATELY ENTER THE VENUE WITH THE REST OF HIS OR HER PARTY. YOU CANNOT PICK UP TICKETS UNLESS YOUR ENTIRE PARTY IS WITH YOU AND YOU CANNOT HAND YOUR TICKETS TO SOMEONE ELSE AFTER YOU HAVE PICKED THEM UP. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF YOUR TICKETS WITHOUT A REFUND. This is to prevent scalping and to ensure that tickets go directly to fans at a reasonable price.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    demetrios wrote:
    F5 or not. I just hope they could bring back single 10club ticket options.

Also if they could try out NIN's new way of picking up fan club tickets, that would be great ..

2) The pre-sale tickets available from NIN.com are non-transferable and the will call name must match the name on your NIN.com account – THERE WILL BE NO WILL CALL NAME CHANGES. Your tickets will have your name printed on them, and you must show matching valid government-issued photo ID at the venue in order to pick up your tickets. THE REGISTERED NIN.COM MEMBER PICKING UP TICKETS MUST IMMEDIATELY ENTER THE VENUE WITH THE REST OF HIS OR HER PARTY. YOU CANNOT PICK UP TICKETS UNLESS YOUR ENTIRE PARTY IS WITH YOU AND YOU CANNOT HAND YOUR TICKETS TO SOMEONE ELSE AFTER YOU HAVE PICKED THEM UP. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF YOUR TICKETS WITHOUT A REFUND. This is to prevent scalping and to ensure that tickets go directly to fans at a reasonable price.

that's what i bought....

amazing how smooth the process was compared to the cluster here...

hey you want one ticket...sure...no problem...2...ok, we can handle that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    F5

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    I think the lotto worked well for the Wrigley/London shows. Two shows, high demand, everyone from the world wants to join in; let Lady Luck be your guide.

I am a little nervous for a tour lottery system. Suppose Pearl Jam comes to my hometown (Columbus, OH), but also announces other dates in Ohio (Cleveland and Cincinnati). Of course my first pick would be Columbus, but say I don't win those and instead win tickets to the show in Cleveland. Then I have figure out how I'm getting to Cleveland, when, what day is it on because now I'll probably have to take time away from work?

But if I just enter for Columbus and don't win then I'm out and have to find another way to score tickets. Or what if I enter all three Ohio dates and win all three, but can't make all three. I only entered all three to have a chance at something.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    BRING BACK TICKET SALES NO LOTTERY!!!!!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    FS2411FS2411 Posts: 59
    81 wrote:
    where survival of the fittest was the rule of the day....

not this mamby pamby lotto baloney.

I'd love this... I never missed a ticket this way
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,917

The lottery hasn't been tested yet to it's capacity yet. And capacity I mean Pearl Jam East Coast Tour capacity! Then & only then will we know if the lottery is good or the lottery is bad. Can't rule out these two PJ show's that's happening next month. The Ed solo show's back in '12 were a test, but a small test. Peanuts compared to a Pearl Jam tour.
  • Options
    FS2411FS2411 Posts: 59
    I just think a the lottery awards people like scampers who just have to put in their name for the drawing and that's it...

When they had the old sales I would actually block out time at work... Almost like using up mini vacation hours... But I was always rewarded for putting up with the whole system... Yes it sucked... But I got what I earned for my efforts... A lot of people won't keep up with it for hours... And that's why they miss out and true fans get what they want... If you want them bad enough you find a way to sit there for that time... And I live in Philly so I go for the high demand shows Philly... Ny...no... Boston... And I was never shut out...
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    demetrios wrote:

The lottery hasn't been tested yet to it's capacity yet. And capacity I mean Pearl Jam East Coast Tour capacity! Then & only then will we know if the lottery is good or the lottery is bad. Can't rule out these two PJ show's that's happening next month. The Ed solo show's back in '12 were a test, but a small test. Peanuts compared to a Pearl Jam tour.

I wonder what people will think who put in for 10 shows and have a $1700 hold on their credit card or if their limit isn't that high then it doesn't go through?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Don't bash on Lady Lottery.......
    She hears what you say and reads what you post...
    :nono: :nono: :nono:
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    FS2411 wrote:
    I just think a the lottery awards people like scampers who just have to put in their name for the drawing and that's it...

When they had the old sales I would actually block out time at work... Almost like using up mini vacation hours... But I was always rewarded for putting up with the whole system... Yes it sucked... But I got what I earned for my efforts... A lot of people won't keep up with it for hours... And that's why they miss out and true fans get what they want... If you want them bad enough you find a way to sit there for that time... And I live in Philly so I go for the high demand shows Philly... Ny...no... Boston... And I was never shut out...

Well said!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    If I get boned by this goddamn lottery on the fall tour I may not be renewing in October.
    Bring back F5!!!!!
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    MG79478 wrote:
    FS2411 wrote:

Well said!
    Very true. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,500
    81 wrote:
    where survival of the fittest was the rule of the day....

not this mamby pamby lotto baloney.

boooo!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Unless another kind soul like DS throws a HUGE favor my way I'll not even have a chance* at seeing PJ in Oakland- nearest town they're playing in and neighbor to my birth place, Berkeley. I'm still massively grateful to DS for making Missoula happen for me! :D

*I'll be on the road without a computer when tickets go on sale.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    Yea, screw working people who don't have computer access during the weekdays! They clearly aren't real fans!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Yea, screw working people who don't have computer access during the weekdays! They clearly aren't real fans!

Such a good point. When I was in college or working part-time jobs, the F5 model ruled. But now...it's just not feasible for me.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

This is not a good point, as it has been debunked time and time again. Do you think that you are the only people who work? What stops this hypothetical person from taking vacation or making other arrangements to get tickets? The answer... nothing! If their desire was great enough, they wouldn't make excuses, they would find a way. If you don't want to spend your vacation getting tickets because you have other priorities, fine... but the person who is willing to should get tickets before you.
    Such a good point. When I was in college or working part-time jobs, the F5 model ruled. But now...it's just not feasible for me.

So what is feasible (at least in your head) for you should be good enough for everyone else?
  • Options
    foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 699
    Created a thread on what I wrote below:

The new lotto system seems like its going to be around for the foreseeable future. Clearly a lot of people are shut out of the new system but this is due to more demand than supply. What I think is the worst is being shut out of your hometown or whatever venue is closest to you.

One solution I think would be to have a 3 to 5 day moratorium period for ten club members who have an address in said city. For example if your 10 club delivery address resides in charlotte NC., you would have 3 or 5 days to do the lotto. If Charlotte cannot sell out and any tickets remain, they get released to all ten club members for the regular lotto.

Members who don't live in the city where PJ is playing ALSO get to play the lotto early for a show within a certain radius of their location. For the sake of discourse, we can make the radius 300 miles. So if you live in Wilmington NC, you can still enter the early lotto for Charlotte. If you live in Knoxville, you can try for the early lotto in Charlotte as well. The main issue would be to figure out what the appropriate radius would be.

In this way the city and its surrounding area don't feel like they get totally screwed. In this way, more people from the home town could see a show.

Be as Harsh as you want with your critiques.
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    Why can't they just do both?

Put half the 10C tickets in a pool for people who like a lottery. Put the other half in a pool for people who like to test their skills with F5. Too much effort?

Somehow have some system which stops you from trying both. A decision must be made upfront. Maybe restrict initial purchases to one show only per 10C number. If there are tickets left after an initial on-sale period, then allow people to buy tickets to multiple shows.

I also like the general idea posted above that geographic proximity to a show should be incorporated into the process. The flaw with this is the band's refusal to undertake a reasonable tour in terms of being spread out evenly across the country. Many people will not live anywhere near any of the shows on the tour.
  • Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    MG79478 wrote:

This is not a good point, as it has been debunked time and time again. Do you think that you are the only people who work? What stops this hypothetical person from taking vacation or making other arrangements to get tickets? The answer... nothing! If their desire was great enough, they wouldn't make excuses, they would find a way. If you don't want to spend your vacation getting tickets because you have other priorities, fine... but the person who is willing to should get tickets before you.

You clearly are not working class or you might understand the consequences of taking a day off just to buy tickets. You may need to take time off to go to the show as well. It gets a bit tough on folks. Not sure how you "debunked" that "myth"
  • Options
    PU38569PU38569 Posts: 260
    Yes some kind of regional prioritizing would be nice. But then again, there are people with the closest PJ concert like 500 miles away, so they'd get doubly left-out...

What about a PJ hologram band projection outside of the arena, in the parking lot, for everyone in the fan club numbered 200xxx and over?? :D
    This is a birthday pony
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:

You clearly are not working class or you might understand the consequences of taking a day off just to buy tickets. You may need to take time off to go to the show as well. It gets a bit tough on folks. Not sure how you "debunked" that "myth"

It depends on your definition of working class. If you are talking the socioeconomic class consisting of people who work for hourly wages, especially low wages, including unskilled and semiskilled laborers and their families... then no. I had that sort of hourly job during my college years as worked my way through college. But now I put in 50-60+ hour weeks for my salary. Yet I was always able to find a way to get 10c tickets under F5. As an aside, I work much harder now as a professional than than I ever did at my "working class" jobs, so I don't understand why it is called that. Sometimes I miss the 8 hour days, and leaving the job at the door when you clock out.

Regardless, it all comes back to priorities. 10C tickets were either a priority of they weren't. If you don't deem it appropriate to spend your vacation on, then you have higher priorities in life. You also seem to ignore the "make other arrangements" part of this discussion. Why not have a friend or a family member help you if you can't take off work? I never missed out on 10C tickets, and it wasn't always me hitting F5, it was sometimes family, friends, co-workers, etc.
  • Options
    bought my NIN presale tix in under 5 minutes with no web site crash. it can be done.....PJ just chooses to go the lotto route...

glad i don't care about tix anymore
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    yep.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I must be getting old. My eyesight is to the point that I have to play a lottery in order to see my favorite band.

Or end up in a waiting room for tickets.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUVUB3OeckdYZQWvu5MDILo9ensPlmuKpUbiLx_tgbLmrJHFVK

:fp:

Bring back F5!