Options

UNOfficial petition to bring back F5

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    computer.gif

clearly awesome :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    You all talk like if you don't get lottery tickets then you are not going to the gig. 10c only gets a percentage of tickets. If you fail on the lottery then ticketmaster tickets are still possible.

I've always managed to get tickets for gigs i've wanted via f5 and lottery. I have no issues with either really.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    nobody has had better luck than me getting tickets the last 8 years or so under the f5 system... and i have no problem with a lottery because unlike some people i have zero interest in dedicating my entire day to trying to picvk up one pair of tickets for a show... and i also have a firm understanding that PJ tickets are WAY overhyped around here and that there are ALWAYS tons of singles floating around on the board or at the venue... not to mention regular ticket sales, etc, etc, etc...

you will win some, you will lose some, stop being greedy and just enjoy the show because you know you will be getting in the door no matter what
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    So now with this lotto system, theres a very good chance that I wont be able to go to shows in my area (ny/nj). Thanks. Everyone from around the world will get tickets to it. Thanks.

All I have to say to this post and the crying of people in NYC/Philly/Boston about being able to get tickets to their hometown shows is.... Fuck Off.

Boo-hoo, you won't get tickets to your hometown shows because out-of-towners are traveling in to see them...

Don't take your frustrations out on those of us who are traveling, perhaps you should take your frustrations to the band that refuses to tour in our area of the world... maybe if they did a proper tour, we all wouldn't come flocking to your neck of the woods to see the band and buy up your "hometown" tickets. It's not our fault that your cities seem to be the only ones the band plays anymore.

Be grateful that you don't have to spend thousands, yes thousands, of dollars traveling to see the band - without even considering the cost of the tickets themselves.

Be grateful that we traveling fans, as tourists, will pump millions of dollars into your economy to help keep it viable during an economic downturn.

Maybe you should put yourself in our shoes and consider what it must be like not having the band play in our hometown in the last decade.

/endrant

All that being said... I haven't had an issue F5ing for the last couple of tours, managed to get all the tickets I wanted after a long hard day of stroking the keyboard.... on top of that, I have the worst luck in the planet, so trying to score lottery tickets in the heavily populated and toured east coast (cause let's be realistic, that's where the tour's going to be, with a stop off in Chicago and Seattle too I imagine) will never happen for me...

Considering the pluses and minuses of both systems, I really don't care which they employ.

at least now I don't have to take a day off work in the middle of the week to buy concert tickets.... having to explain that to other people is just straight up embarrassing. :oops:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    F5, F5, against one...
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    So now with this lotto system, theres a very good chance that I wont be able to go to shows in my area (ny/nj). Thanks. Everyone from around the world will get tickets to it. Thanks.

All I have to say to this post and the crying of people in NYC/Philly/Boston about being able to get tickets to their hometown shows is.... Fuck Off.

Boo-hoo, you won't get tickets to your hometown shows because out-of-towners are traveling in to see them...

Don't take your frustrations out on those of us who are traveling, perhaps you should take your frustrations to the band that refuses to tour in our area of the world... maybe if they did a proper tour, we all wouldn't come flocking to your neck of the woods to see the band and buy up your "hometown" tickets. It's not our fault that your cities seem to be the only ones the band plays anymore.

Be grateful that you don't have to spend thousands, yes thousands, of dollars traveling to see the band - without even considering the cost of the tickets themselves.

Be grateful that we traveling fans, as tourists, will pump millions of dollars into your economy to help keep it viable during an economic downturn.

Maybe you should put yourself in our shoes and consider what it must be like not having the band play in our hometown in the last decade.

/endrant

All that being said... I haven't had an issue F5ing for the last couple of tours, managed to get all the tickets I wanted after a long hard day of stroking the keyboard.... on top of that, I have the worst luck in the planet, so trying to score lottery tickets in the heavily populated and toured east coast (cause let's be realistic, that's where the tour's going to be, with a stop off in Chicago and Seattle too I imagine) will never happen for me...

Considering the pluses and minuses of both systems, I really don't care which they employ.

at least now I don't have to take a day off work in the middle of the week to buy concert tickets.... having to explain that to other people is just straight up embarrassing. :oops:

Fuck off huh?

"Don't take your frustrations out on those of us who are traveling, perhaps you should take your frustrations to the band that refuses to tour in our area of the world... maybe if they did a proper tour, we all wouldn't come flocking to your neck of the woods to see the band and buy up your "hometown" tickets. It's not our fault that your cities seem to be the only ones the band plays anymore."

Actually it is your fault that the band doesnt want to play your cities. You see people from your city choose not to see pearl jam. This is the reason they tour where they tour. Demand dictates touring, douche bag.

"Be grateful that you don't have to spend thousands, yes thousands, of dollars traveling to see the band - without even considering the cost of the tickets themselves."

I dont have a problem with people traveling to see the band. In fact, its one of the great parts about this band that their music reaches and touches people all over the world. The problem I find is that this makes it easier for the less dedicated fan. The fan who decides, "ok I'll put in a request, not sure if I really want to go but If I win then I guess I'll go." And I know you understand because you take off from work to get tickets. I too have spent thousands of dollars, (montana this year) to go see the band.

This might be your most hilarious statement. Yes New York City really needs your help to keep our economy "viable." Millions? A couple of thousand PJ fans are pumping millions into the city's economy? Dude get your head out of your ass.

Anyway go fuck your self.

Bring back F5 for the true and Faithful.

Or not. I dont care that much.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Fuck your petition. :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Fuck your petition. :lol:

thanks for taking the time to sign the petition.

we can make a difference with help from people like you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648

"Don't take your frustrations out on those of us who are traveling, perhaps you should take your frustrations to the band that refuses to tour in our area of the world... maybe if they did a proper tour, we all wouldn't come flocking to your neck of the woods to see the band and buy up your "hometown" tickets. It's not our fault that your cities seem to be the only ones the band plays anymore."

Actually it is your fault that the band doesnt want to play your cities. You see people from your city choose not to see pearl jam. This is the reason they tour where they tour. Demand dictates touring, douche bag.

You really believe that? I live in Houston, Texas, now the 4th largest city in the US (really the 3rd if you could count of number of illegals here), and we haven't had a show in 10 years... so how would the band even know if there was a demand here?

In 2012 we hosted sold out shows for several of the bands contemporaries (i.e Radiohead and RHCP) - both shows sold out over 6 months in advance, within 48 hours of tickets going on sale. We also hosted 2 sold out EV shows at Jones Hall for the performing arts which has a capacity of almost 3000 people... so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the demand for a show around here.

"Be grateful that you don't have to spend thousands, yes thousands, of dollars traveling to see the band - without even considering the cost of the tickets themselves."

I dont have a problem with people traveling to see the band. In fact, its one of the great parts about this band that their music reaches and touches people all over the world. The problem I find is that this makes it easier for the less dedicated fan. The fan who decides, "ok I'll put in a request, not sure if I really want to go but If I win then I guess I'll go." And I know you understand because you take off from work to get tickets. I too have spent thousands of dollars, (montana this year) to go see the band.

To be fair - here you're presenting a counter arguement that is valid, but not in the relative to my statement. The two should be completely separate. Just because more "casual" fans will get tickets via the lottery process has nothing to do with the fact that you are bitching about traveling fans taking away your tickets. Most of these "casual" fans reside in your area - us traveling lunatics can't be blamed for that. Further - the fact that not as many "casual" fans are still in the 10C from places like the south is completely the fault of the band and their refusal to pass through my neck of the woods.

This might be your most hilarious statement. Yes New York City really needs your help to keep our economy "viable." Millions? A couple of thousand PJ fans are pumping millions into the city's economy? Dude get your head out of your ass.

Well, let's do some quick math shall we? You say a couple of thousand PJ fans eh? So let's be literal - 2000 fans. By the time you look at the demographics of where everyone is coming from and where everyone is staying and eating and shopping while in NYC, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the average person will spend $1000 on airfare/hotel/food/shopping during 3 or 4 night trip. so literally:

2000 x 1000 = $2,000,000. So yes, millions.

Further to this, if you think that NYC could be the city it is today without the billions generated in the economy by tourists coming over the course of a given year, you sir are the one that needs to pull your head out of your ass.

I live in a city that has very little tourism, and has managed to be one of the most rapidly growing economies during this recent economic downturn... yet apparently I've never given any of this any thought at all...

Anyway, I will pause to apologize for the tone of my previous post. It was a bit harsh... I am sorry... However it really ticks me off when I hear people around here cursing out the traveling fans, because I am one of them... and believe me, if PJ would even give my city a try again, I wouldn't infringe on your "hometown" shows.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Signed,

:( East Coaster
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    shep wrote:

You really believe that? I live in Houston, Texas, now the 4th largest city in the US (really the 3rd if you could count of number of illegals here), and we haven't had a show in 10 years... so how would the band even know if there was a demand here?

In 2012 we hosted sold out shows for several of the bands contemporaries (i.e Radiohead and RHCP) - both shows sold out over 6 months in advance, within 48 hours of tickets going on sale. We also hosted 2 sold out EV shows at Jones Hall for the performing arts which has a capacity of almost 3000 people... so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the demand for a show around here.

To be fair - here you're presenting a counter arguement that is valid, but not in the relative to my statement. The two should be completely separate. Just because more "casual" fans will get tickets via the lottery process has nothing to do with the fact that you are bitching about traveling fans taking away your tickets. Most of these "casual" fans reside in your area - us traveling lunatics can't be blamed for that. Further - the fact that not as many "casual" fans are still in the 10C from places like the south is completely the fault of the band and their refusal to pass through my neck of the woods.

Well, let's do some quick math shall we? You say a couple of thousand PJ fans eh? So let's be literal - 2000 fans. By the time you look at the demographics of where everyone is coming from and where everyone is staying and eating and shopping while in NYC, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the average person will spend $1000 on airfare/hotel/food/shopping during 3 or 4 night trip. so literally:

Further to this, if you think that NYC could be the city it is today without the billions generated in the economy by tourists coming over the course of a given year, you sir are the one that needs to pull your head out of your ass.

I live in a city that has very little tourism, and has managed to be one of the most rapidly growing economies during this recent economic downturn... yet apparently I've never given any of this any thought at all...

Anyway, I will pause to apologize for the tone of my previous post. It was a bit harsh... I am sorry... However it really ticks me off when I hear people around here cursing out the traveling fans, because I am one of them... and believe me, if PJ would even give my city a try again, I wouldn't infringe on your "hometown" shows.

"Further to this, if you think that NYC could be the city it is today without the billions generated in the economy by tourists coming over the course of a given year, you sir are the one that needs to pull your head out of your ass.

I live in a city that has very little tourism, and has managed to be one of the most rapidly growing economies during this recent economic downturn... yet apparently I've never given any of this any thought at all... "

Like you said Billions are generated by tourism. A couple of thousand pj fans isnt changing NYC economy. Sorry its just not true. Around 45 million tourists visit NYC and generate over $30 billion. If we use your number for 2000 people traveling for PJ that only accounts for .00004444 percent of tourists. Touring Pearl Jam fans are not helping our local economy.

Sorry man you're wrong.

Anyway thats not the point. My problem was with fair-weather fans/scalpers. I hope PJ does a real tour so you guys in Houston can get some shows.

F5 please.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    where survival of the fittest was the rule of the day....

not this mamby pamby lotto baloney.

A-FUCKIN-GREED!!!

:thumbup: :D
  • Options
    f5
  • Options
    f5 indeed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    You could always relive the F5 glory days by continually refreshing the "My Tickets" page to see if you won ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    You could always relive the F5 glory days by continually refreshing the "My Tickets" page to see if you won ...

just not the same :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    7 show lotteries entered

3 Pearl Jam
    4 Eddie Vedder

Lost on all counts. LAME
    Can't wait till the tour announcement comes :roll:

Viva F5!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    7 show lotteries entered

3 Pearl Jam
    4 Eddie Vedder

Lost on all counts. LAME

Viva F5!

why didn't you enter all 9 shows?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    7 show lotteries entered

3 Pearl Jam
    4 Eddie Vedder

Lost on all counts. LAME

Viva F5!

why didn't you enter all 9 shows?

7, 9
    I dont know. What I do know, is I lost 7 times.. and thats enough...
    Especially considering this "trial run" was nowhere near as popular as Boston or Hartford in a real on sale.

losing hope

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    StevieG wrote:
    Absolutely bring it back!!!!! I've never had any problems getting tickets, sometimes it took a little while but I didn't mind.

Here's how you do it:

Pick the show(s) you want to go to, take the on-sale day off work, sit in front of the computer, try and get tickets. If you didn't get them, tough fucking luck. Sometimes you don't get everything you want in life. No need to cry about it.

I definitely do not like this new lottery system bullshit.

StevieG wrote:
    Sometimes you don't get everything you want in life. No need to cry about it.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I agree, bring back F5!
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    F5
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    i agree.......F5
    ajb
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    9 entries and not 1 F*CHING set of tickets.
    You have got to be kidding me.
    Oh well, I guess when you have nothing invested (time) you have nothing to loose.
    At this rate Alpine could have been my last show :(
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I support this!!!!
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    *signed*...stop the madness
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    bring it back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    Bring it back!

Or at least a password for each member that can be used once for 1 pair
    of tickets to any show on tour. *1 pair per show.*

Like they did with the Canadian Ticketmaster sale.
    The one that took me 2 minutes!

10C sale took 4 hours, CC information submited ,I called the next day to find out
    tickets were not secured.

I Don't like the Lottery!

If you are a True Fan you will Take the Time and the Effort to secure tickets!!

Please come up with a New concept!!

I won once, What are the chances of winning again.... :corn:
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    81 wrote:
    bring it back.

officially.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Whether this way is better or not remains to be seen. But it can't be more annoying than the old way. Having to take days off of work (stupid shit like Tuesdays or Thursdays) to sit in front of you computer for 5 hours was mind-numbing.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com