Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    The Fixer said:

Yes, my bad...the tower. Should be interesting. Only shows I have seen at the Tower were Vedder solo. Hopefully the bar across the street doesn't run out of beer again this time around. The Tower was cool, but that venue location is pretty shitty. Not sure where I got the EF from...haha.

Biz closed his set with Just a Friend. Literally played a half verse of the song, dropped the mic, and walked off. That's how he ended his set. Everyone was looking at each other, asking WTF?

Dr Dog into the Raconteurs had to be awesome. Never seen Jack White (or any of his bands) live. He's the one guy I always miss for one reason or another when he's in town.

I would LOVE to see Dr Dog open for MMJ on their upcoming summer tour.

Anyone else hitting Chris Robinson Brotherhood on Sunday? The TLA is the shit

Tower is a cool place i think to see a show. Been there many a times (eddie, tool, soundgarden, alice in chains, strokes (w/kings of leon opening) and others. Yeah the bar sucks, before the eddie show in '11 there was a pre-party there and the bartenders were very rude to one of my friends. They wouldn't let her sit at the bar cause she wasn't drinking.

yeah dr. dog into raconteurs was good. I think that was the first time i heard of dr. dog though so wasn't too familiar with them. That was in AC. Yeah jack white is very difficult to see in philly (never plays here). I think the last time he headlined a philly show was in '03 at the troc. He's played delaware a few times and jersey few times, but never philly (well once with the raconteus opening for bob dylan at the spectrum).

TLA used to be cool, but not really anymore. I haven't been there in a few years.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I know why I got confused with Electric Factory and Tower. I didn't realize the Tower had GA. Like I said, only time I was there was for Vedder and obviously there were seats. I can't even picture how the GA will be set up for War on Drugs. So even though I bought tickets, I forgot where the hell the show was. A staple of mine is never knowing the name of the bar or restaurant I'm in...that apparently applies to concert venues as well.

Not surprised those bartenders gave your friend a hard time (not cool). They were so overwhelmed. I remember it took forever to get drinks...then they ran out of beer. It was a mess.

I really like Kings of Leon's first two albums. Sadly that band died...I don't even listen to them anymore. Saw them open for Pearl Jam (pre-skinny jeans) and they were great. Last time I saw them was around the time Sex on Fire and Use Somebody came out at MSG...I was done after that show. First two albums will always be awesome. Slow Night, So Long...Mollys Chambers...Joe's Head...the bucket. Really aren't any bad songs on either album. Sad what became of them
  • Options
    Yeah the Tower has GA now. I think they started it last year?

KOL's third album was real good I thought. Last album was solid. Only by the Night was ok. Didn't really care for Come around sundown. Had fun seeing them early in their career playing at the TLA a few times.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    James Casey cut. Kind of a no brainer when he's due $4mil this year and you have Burton as on UFA. He was a classy guy, above average player and has a heart breaking life story.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

KOL's third album was real good I thought. Last album was solid. Only by the Night was ok. Didn't really care for Come around sundown. Had fun seeing them early in their career playing at the TLA a few times.

A lot of people like that album. I'm not one of them. Charmer is horrid -- those vocals are like nails on a chalkboard. Black Thumbnail is good, but that's about it. That album is much slower and more refined than their first two...it was the beginning of the end for me. I haven't even heard their last album...they're dead to me. Can't believe they're still headlining festivals
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

A lot of people like that album. I'm not one of them. Charmer is horrid -- those vocals are like nails on a chalkboard. Black Thumbnail is good, but that's about it. That album is much slower and more refined than their first two...it was the beginning of the end for me. I haven't even heard their last album...they're dead to me. Can't believe they're still headlining festivals
    Charmer is one of the songs i don't care for on that album, but Black Thumbnail is my fav. McFearless, Camaro, My Party, and Fans are pretty solid
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561

The Fixer said:

Charmer is one of the songs i don't care for on that album, but Black Thumbnail is my fav. McFearless, Camaro, My Party, and Fans are pretty solid
    my thoughts on kol-
    first 2 albums are fucking awesome.
    because of the times is pretty damn good
    only by the night was fucking garbage (yet surprisingly i enjoy sex on fire)
    come around sundown--underrated and a better album than people give them credit for
    mechanical bull---didn't like much of anything from it. haven't even listened to it from start to finish

and the one time i saw them live--holy shit they were terrible.

GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    bye Cary
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.

i just saw this, WTF?????
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I love it. Alonso had a great rookie year but tailed off late. Lost his 2nd year to an acl... was excited he was coming back, but the bills d is fine without him.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    Wow Shady and Cary in the same day? They are cleaning out the malcontents over there. Guess we will see a heavy dose of Sproles & Kenyon -- Chip loves his small backs.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    Chip has really put himself out on the ledge this off-season. this isn't Eugene, Oregon. Media and fan base can be brutal. the same people who ran the most successful coach in team history out of town are now going to be putting Chip on their radar if this doesn't turn out well. it's all on him now.

as for McCoy he didn't have the same burst last year. could have been the foot or could have been his losing a step. running backs tend to go quickly in this league. and he isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world.

Can't condemn the move yet until you see how the team is ultimately constructed. obviously hard to get rid of your best offensive player two years in a row though.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    HahahhahahHHHAHhhhH. I think it's a bad trade for the bills, should have traded dude for a QB but it's gotta be pretty clear chip ain't going anywhere
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Who is trading a qb for Kiko Alonso?
  • Options
    any chance we draft a RB in the first round then?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    the fecals go for spiller maybe?
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Who is trading a qb for Kiko Alonso?

Point was you don't want to get an old running back for him. I don't know where the qb was coming from but could have done better than an old running back.

That sAid, it's fucking cute chip kelly is building Oregon in Philly, even though Oregon hasn't won dick
  • Options
    i obviously absolutely love shady as a player but if i'm being 100% honest, he lost a half step this year (i thought it was lingering turf toe injury from summer, but it wasn't) and will most likely fall off quite a bit over the next couple seasons considering the amount of carries he's racked up these last few years. that's just what happens to running backs. murray is gonna hit that wall too.

so the eagles just did what a lot of people wanted the phils to do: traded an expensive asset entering the downside of his career a year early rather than scrambling when it's too late....and they got, what i think, is a player who could turn out to be an absolute stud for the next 6 or 7 years. this isn't just another oregon lb like some people will say-- dude was defensive rookie of the year in 2013. 176 tackles behind a good defensive line. him and kendricks together could give the birds 2 of the most athletic lb's in the league. players come off of acl's nowadays like it's nothing. it helps that he'll have 14 or 15 months to heal before the season starts. not worried about that. gotta pass physical.

tons of cap space to further rebuild defense too. gotta see what happens but if they bring in guys like maxwell and mccourty---d has chance to be best it's been since the jim jonnson days. young too.

looks like draft is loaded with rb's. spiller is available too. never a dull moment around.

gonna miss this guy though. will always respect what he did on the field. kind of a shame that his career here was at an odd time--end of reid era/beginning chip era. team around him was decent at times but never good enough to capitalize on his greatness.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Isn't he only like 26? Over 1300 yds rushing in a two back league. Good enough for 3rd. I will take that. I think he's a year or two older than Kiko. I like both players and actually think both teams got a good player in the deal.
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

That sAid, it's fucking cute chip kelly is building Oregon in Philly, even though Oregon hasn't won duck

fixed :lol:

yeah i'm gonna miss him as well. I was kinda pissed/shocked when i first heard about this but rethinking and evaluating it i can see why they did it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    They serve the green koolaid cold here in philly
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Isn't he only like 26? Over 1300 yds rushing in a two back league. Good enough for 3rd. I will take that. I think he's a year or two older than Kiko. I like both players and actually think both teams got a good player in the deal.

he'll be 27 in july. that is the age most rb's start to tail off. i think kiko is 24? only entering his 3 year right? plus he plays a position that's peak usually lasts into his early 30's.

there's some stat out there about rb's production falling off after a season with more than 300 carries. shady's done that two years in a row now. shady is great at not taking big hits...but eventually the workload will catch up to him.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

They serve the green koolaid cold here in philly

please. in the giants thread, there's an excuse following everyone of eli's interceptions. literally everyone of them. talk about koolaid....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    At the end of the day, who is mildly scary on the eagles offense now? Sproles? Okay? Like pj said you get rid of your best offensive player two years in a row. What are you left with? Will be curious to see who they end up with. Spiller? He can't run between the tackles.

Defense? Okay? Still no secondary.

If this were the cowboys making the exact same moves, me thinks jugs would be talking shit.

Seems to me the eagles have regressed the last couple years. I like
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

he'll be 27 in july. that is the age most rb's start to tail off. i think kiko is 24? only entering his 3 year right? plus he plays a position that's peak usually lasts into his early 30's.

there's some stat out there about rb's production falling off after a season with more than 300 carries. shady's done that two years in a row now. shady is great at not taking big hits...but eventually the workload will catch up to him.
    Yeah he will be 25 going into this year. Like I said, I like both guys. There are more health questions with the guy who just had major reconstructive knee surgery in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

At the end of the day, who is mildly scary on the eagles offense now? Sproles? Okay? Like pj said you get rid of your best offensive player two years in a row. What are you left with? Will be curious to see who they end up with. Spiller? He can't run between the tackles.

Defense? Okay? Still no secondary.

If this were the cowboys making the exact same moves, me thinks jugs would be talking shit.

Seems to me the eagles have regressed the last couple years. I like

regressed from 4-12? haha. good one.

dude--free agency and the draft haven't even started. they have enough $ to sign anyone they want now. i presume the secondary will be addressed promptly. front 7 is loaded and young as hell.

the offense is obviously going to look a lot different. no idea if the rumors of trading up are true or not. no idea if they're willing to take a step back to take two steps forward. talk to me in june about this, not a week before the off season actually begins.

and you said it was a bad trade for the bills earlier, now you're implying it's bad for the eagles? can't have it both ways.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Yeah he will be 25 going into this year. Like I said, I like both guys. There are more health questions with the guy who just had major reconstructive knee surgery in my opinion.
    there's a long list ,that gets added to each year, of guys coming off acl's and not skipping a beat.

like i said in the bills thread, i'm still gonna root for shady up there. i've always liked the bills.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

there's a long list ,that gets added to each year, of guys coming off acl's and not skipping a beat.

like i said in the bills thread, i'm still gonna root for shady up there. i've always liked the bills.
    Eagles got a steal contract wise. Kiko is under his rookie deal for two more years. I like him a lot. If he comes back like all these other guys have, you got a hell of a football player.