Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    edited January 2015
    pjhawks wrote: »
    love the media and fans in this town who balked at Reid for having authority over the roster but somehow now it's a good thing Chip Kelly does. people make me laugh.

actually, no. gotta know your history. modrak left in 2001 and reid brought in tom heckert to be director of player personnel (which is what chip is looking for right now). and they worked together. nobody had a problem with that. things worked great. when heckert left in 2009, roseman technically was elevated to replace him, but it was assumed that reid was running the show himself up until the 2012 draft (this is the time when people thought he had too much on his plate).

chip's gotta find his tom heckert, essentially. then it will be like it was over a decade ago, not like it was during the last few disastrous years when reid was running the show by himself. and, for what it's worth, i think a large part of the media and fans are not in favor of this move.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »
    philly sports are dead, for now.

been a rough year!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311

been a rough year!

we still have Villanova basketball :-S
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,702

been a rough year!

amazingly tho, not as bad as NY.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

been a rough year!

I guess that should make me feel better but it doesn't. Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    edited January 2015

been a rough year!

Rangers went to the Stanley cup finals. Both baseball teams were better. Overall a very bad year though
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »

been a rough year!

Rangers went to the Stanley cup finals. Both baseball teams were better. Overall a very bad year though

Well...at least our basketball team sucks on purpose
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

been a rough year!

I just noticed they lost yesterday.

and juggler is all pissy about the Cowboys win.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

been a rough year!

Rightfully so. But they didn't cover, so it's not a total loss. Hey oh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

been a rough year!

Rightfully so. But they didn't cover, so it's not a total loss. Hey oh.

I don't bet but Detroit and the points seemed like a no brainer.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So has anything new happened with the Eagles recently?

Hopefully all this works out. After watching the games this past weekend I wonder why I care so much about a sport when the NFL doesn't. Absolutely awful calls that gave the Panthers a TD, one of the worst games I've ever watched, and the obvious one yesterday.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    be nice if they could convince lebeau to come in as some kind of defensive consultant since he and davis have a history together. i guess he'll probably end up in az with arians though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    be nice if they could convince lebeau to come in as some kind of defensive consultant since he and davis have a history together. i guess he'll probably end up in az with arians though...

Can he play CB?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Thoughts on the Eagles possibly trading their pick to get Marcus Mariota?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I do not want to read or hear another thing about MM until draft day. Anything being leaked now is absolute BS. If anything happens it wouldn't be until draft day anyway. Bye bye sports radio until then. I may check in around 3/10 for free agency day.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote: »
    I do not want to read or hear another thing about MM until draft day. Anything being leaked now is absolute BS. If anything happens it wouldn't be until draft day anyway. Bye bye sports radio until then. I may check in around 3/10 for free agency day.

true it is kinda early to be talking football draft, but kinda fun as well
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited January 2015

if he drops past the jets, he might drop far enough where it might make it easier to trade up and get him. but i agree with jk. i'm so sick of hearing about this already. the people who think they can and should trade up from 20 to 1 or 2 are not being realistic.

i still want to see foles get a full season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

if he drops past the jets, he might drop far enough where it might make it easier to trade up and get him. but i agree with jk. i'm so sick of hearing about this already. the people who think they can and should trade up from 20 to 1 or 2 are not being realistic.

I do like talking about the draft but projections and mocks don't mean anything until after free agency.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    B8iOe7DCYAIQsom.jpg:large
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm liking the Philly Voice thus far...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

agree that I'm sick of hearing about mariota. would be easier for the eagles to trade up if the fat little turd coach didn't treat the meaningless week 17 game vs the nyg as the super bowl (still don't understand why barkley didn't start...makes zero sense).

can they draft a real nfl coach this may??? that's what they really need
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    pales in comparison to andy reid (a big fat turd) winning 4 meaningless games to finish 8-8 in 2011. although, from a rational point of view, i find it difficult to blame any coach for trying to win games, when his career is dependent solely on wins and losses.

what is your take on marriota?

Also how were The War on Drugs at OBH? Seeing them next month. Can't wait...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pales in comparison to andy reid (a big fat turd) winning 4 meaningless games to finish 8-8 in 2011. although, from a rational point of view, i find it difficult to blame any coach for trying to win games, when his career is dependent solely on wins and losses.

why does every eagle fan have to bring up andy reid whenever chip kelly does something stupid (all the time)?? Can't we just agree that chip kelly is the reverse buddy ryan?

I don't like any of the QBs in this class. I'd take winston over mariota and you know how I feel about qb demographics. Giving up the farm to get mariota would be a 'ryan howard contract' type error in judgement that would bury the eagles for a decade, the way the howard contract has done to the phils. Out of all the QBs in this class...and based on where you'd have to draft them...I would like to see them take bryce petty in the 3rd or later (if he even lasts that long). There has never been a good Big12 QB in the NFL...and Petty played in that stupid spread college offense, so he's far from a sure thing. But I think he'd be a decent risk with a 3rd round pick or lower. He played through a cracked vertebrae in his back all of last year, so his stock isn't as high as it should be. Also, I have seen a few stories talking up bryan bennett (an oregon transer who finished at an FCS school)...don't pay attention to them because bennett is awful. If someone like Petty doesn't fall in their lap it's best to pass on the QB class this year.

Everyone at OBH was great except for Biz Markie (who was the last act of the week -- most people there were excited to see Biz and everyone left kinda pissed at him. He was nothing short of horrendous. It was a bizarre way to end the festival). War on Drugs hit leadoff and set the tone...they were really good. They passed my live band test...I will also be at the Electric Factory in a few weeks. That said, Dr Dog was the best of the undercard bands. Make sure you see them if you haven't done so. They killed it. Have always liked them...after seeing their set I am disappointed in myself for not seeing them live earlier. Their set was so good I think they cracked my top 5 favorite bands (def top 5 to see live). Philly was well represented in Mexico by the bands and the fans. It truly was a great week.

I haven't been on here much. New job, two kids, and the loss of my strange need to win the internet. Sounds like you're rational about the mariota thing...you think they should trade up to 6-7 if he's there (I don't think he will be)??
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Everyone at OBH was great except for Biz Markie (who was the last act of the week -- most people there were excited to see Biz and everyone left kinda pissed at him. He was nothing short of horrendous. It was a bizarre way to end the festival). War on Drugs hit leadoff and set the tone...they were really good. They passed my live band test...I will also be at the Electric Factory in a few weeks. That said, Dr Dog was the best of the undercard bands. Make sure you see them if you haven't done so. They killed it. Have always liked them...after seeing their set I am disappointed in myself for not seeing them live earlier. Their set was so good I think they cracked my top 5 favorite bands (def top 5 to see live). Philly was well represented in Mexico by the bands and the fans. It truly was a great week.

yeah i heard biz kinda stunk up the plce (from the mmj boards) Electric Factory? War on Drugs are playing the Tower :tongue: I've seen Dr. Dog a few times. saw them open up for a few bands, raconteurs and clap your hands, about 7-8 years ago. and i saw the lead singer open up for mmj back in 2010. I don't have any of their albums though. some songs i like a lot and some not so much. should give them another go at i suppose.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Yes, my bad...the tower. Should be interesting. Only shows I have seen at the Tower were Vedder solo. Hopefully the bar across the street doesn't run out of beer again this time around. The Tower was cool, but that venue location is pretty shitty. Not sure where I got the EF from...haha.

Biz closed his set with Just a Friend. Literally played a half verse of the song, dropped the mic, and walked off. That's how he ended his set. Everyone was looking at each other, asking WTF?

Dr Dog into the Raconteurs had to be awesome. Never seen Jack White (or any of his bands) live. He's the one guy I always miss for one reason or another when he's in town.

I would LOVE to see Dr Dog open for MMJ on their upcoming summer tour.

Anyone else hitting Chris Robinson Brotherhood on Sunday? The TLA is the shit
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

why does every eagle fan have to bring up andy reid whenever chip kelly does something stupid (all the time)?? Can't we just agree that chip kelly is the reverse buddy ryan?

I don't like any of the QBs in this class. I'd take winston over mariota and you know how I feel about qb demographics. Giving up the farm to get mariota would be a 'ryan howard contract' type error in judgement that would bury the eagles for a decade, the way the howard contract has done to the phils. Out of all the QBs in this class...and based on where you'd have to draft them...I would like to see them take bryce petty in the 3rd or later (if he even lasts that long). There has never been a good Big12 QB in the NFL...and Petty played in that stupid spread college offense, so he's far from a sure thing. But I think he'd be a decent risk with a 3rd round pick or lower. He played through a cracked vertebrae in his back all of last year, so his stock isn't as high as it should be. Also, I have seen a few stories talking up bryan bennett (an oregon transer who finished at an FCS school)...don't pay attention to them because bennett is awful. If someone like Petty doesn't fall in their lap it's best to pass on the QB class this year.

I haven't been on here much. New job, two kids, and the loss of my strange need to win the internet. Sounds like you're rational about the mariota thing...you think they should trade up to 6-7 if he's there (I don't think he will be)??
    reid's the previous coach and did the same exact thing you complained about 3 fold just a couple years ago. it makes sense to bring him up.

i think we agree on the qb situation. petty would make sense in the 3rd. but i would be tempted to trade up if mariota slips past the jets, which i think is possible....however i still think there's a chance foles can work out if he's able to stay healthy for a whole season so i wouldn't give up too much.

good to hear about war on drugs (they're at the tower next month). i think they are my favorite new band. i like dr dog but have never seen them. yeah sounds like obh was a great time. i've been watching some of the videos on youtube. mmj is fucking awesome

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    how does mmj not close out their own festival? you mean biz markie was the headliner on the last night?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

how does mmj not close out their own festival? you mean biz markie was the headliner on the last night?

MMJ was the last act, but every night there was an afterparty that featured a band or DJ. Sylvan Esso was awesome. Preservation Hall was awesome. Patrick from MMJ DJ'd one of the nights and was awesome. Biz had the final afterparty (followed the final MMJ set) and stunk up the joint.

Here's the girl from Sylvan Esso during Phone Went West...this was bad ass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwqMdcLI4pM

Weird that the worse act by far was the last one. Safe to say Biz won't be back next year, which is fine with me.

MMJ really is great. I didn't even listen to them 3 years ago...now I'm a superfan. Everyone was trying to guess what their first song would be (like we did with PJ20). No one had Christopher Cross 'Ride Like the Wind'. That blew everyone away.

The setup was everything you could ask for in a music festival. There were waiters walking through the crowd with trays of beer and margaritas during the sets...along with fully stocked bars lining the concert courtyard. I cannot wait to go again next year. Highly recommended if anyone else is considering it.