******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    imalive wrote: »
    it was originally an 8:30 game...<br />
    <br />
    i know it's a better spot for the cowboys and they have so much rest...i just think the eagles are a better team and they are better coached.......kinda feeling a 40-27 birds win<br />
    <br />
    Good call on the score<br />
    <br />
    Told ya last week you were frauds<br />
    <br />
    Edit: I gotta stop drinking on Sundays<br />
    <br />
    why are you so consumed with the eagles? is it because the giants are 5-9?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    And because I live in south Philly and can't get away from it<br />
    <br />
    When, and if, you have a kid he/she will be a Birds fan. At that point you will be screwed.

only robots blindly root for some team based on nothing more than proximity.....no offense.

You quote like a robot. Ya know that?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,924
    imalive wrote: »
    it was originally an 8:30 game...<br />
    <br />
    i know it's a better spot for the cowboys and they have so much rest...i just think the eagles are a better team and they are better coached.......kinda feeling a 40-27 birds win<br />
    <br />
    Good call on the score<br />
    <br />
    Told ya last week you were frauds<br />
    <br />
    Edit: I gotta stop drinking on Sundays<br />
    <br />
    why are you so consumed with the eagles? is it because the giants are 5-9?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    And because I live in south Philly and can't get away from it<br />
    <br />
    When, and if, you have a kid he/she will be a Birds fan. At that point you will be screwed.

only robots blindly root for some team based on nothing more than proximity.....no offense.

You quote like a robot. Ya know that?

no....apparently this stellar website has another bug. I'm shocked!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    JK_Livin wrote: »

definitely strange but a good story too. on one hand it sucks that we wasted a 1st round pick on the guy but you have to at least respect him for walking away and doing what he wants to do. not many people would turn down that money. i can't imagine the conversations that went on within the coaching staff and organization about this guy as they found out he was going to fires while on the team.
    pjhawks wrote: »

definitely strange but a good story too. on one hand it sucks that we wasted a 1st round pick on the guy but you have to at least respect him for walking away and doing what he wants to do. not many people would turn down that money. i can't imagine the conversations that went on within the coaching staff and organization about this guy as they found out he was going to fires while on the team.

I wish they interviewed some of the teams that passed on him listing their reasons why.
    When's the Marcus Smith Story coming....
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    so cole is having surgery. your time to shine, b graham...
    www.myspace.com

We may have seen the last of Trent because he's not coming back next year at $10mil
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited December 2014

We may have seen the last of Trent because he's not coming back next year at $10mil

Definitely not back at 10, but I could easily see him back in a reworked deal.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    Keep on forgetting there's a game later today, doesn't seem right to have NFL football on Saturdays.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    my most hated team just became my most favorite.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Beat it. Looks our teams will be playing the same number of games this year.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited December 2014
    I haven't said anything all year because everyone knows how I feel about chip kelly.

Also, those who endorsed mark sanchez. :)) =D> [-X

Time to get a real nfl coach, who can bring in real nfl players instead of pac-12 trash
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Strong words lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    nah we don't miss Desean at all. i guess we can't use the receiver with the most yards per catch in the league :(

#culture beats scheme though

of course the idiots are out blaming Sanchez when he should have put up 30 points in the game which should be way more than enough to beat the Skins. Defense has been atrocious the last 3 weeks.
    pjhawks wrote: »
    nah we don't miss Desean at all. i guess we can't use the receiver with the most yards per catch in the league :(

#culture beats scheme though

of course the idiots are out blaming Sanchez when he should have put up 30 points in the game which should be way more than enough to beat the Skins. Defense has been atrocious the last 3 weeks.

I blame the coach who brought in sanchez. same guy who TRADED UP for barkley! also the same coach who brought back 3 of the 4 parts of the worst secondary in eagles history.

might work in college...not so well in pro ball
    Way yo go Eagles on doing your best Dallas Cowboys impression in December 8-| =D>
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    After 71 pages of eagles comments since the hiring of chip Kelly, are we believers yet ? If you say no, you should be stabbed in the eye with hot pokers...that is all<br />
    <br />
    Sbb

man the guy who wrote the above has to feel a little silly now. I guess with Dallas' win today we can official put an end to the premature adulation of Chip Kelly. Interesting though that the most ardent Chip supporters have been silent around here.

I just can't believe a team that started 9-3 is going to play a completely meaningless last game of the season with no shot at a playoff birth.
    Well that was a kick in the nuts. Good times in Baltimore & shitty Landover, MD up until that game.
    edited December 2014
    Well this sucks. The deep ball basically sums up this season, couldn't throw it and couldn't stop it. I like Chip but you have to question some of his play calling and player usage this year. The draft is another reason this team didn't succeed this year. Only 1 contributing player from a draft won't work. Put Foles and Cole on IR, poach some practice squad CBs and cross your fingers that they can be better than what they have.

Maybe they'll sign Revis and actually use the cap space for once.

If only the best coaches and QBs grew on trees.....

How good is Seattle playing right now?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Well this sucks. The deep ball basically sums up this season, couldn't throw it and couldn't stop it. I like Chip but you have to question some of his play calling and player usage this year. The draft is another reason this team didn't succeed this year. Only 1 contributing player from a draft won't work. Put Foles and Cole on IR, poach some practice squad CBs and cross your fingers that they can be better than what they have.

Maybe they'll sign Revis and actually use the cap space for once.

If only the best coaches and QBs grew on trees.....

How good is Seattle playing right now?

They are playing great, however they also can be beaten. Ingredients needed are an elite QB, top notch TE, decent running game, good coach on a neutral field.....that said a team such as the Patriots could get that win. Even with all that they ALL have to come together and play well on that given Sunday.

Still unreal the Eagles are not in the playoffs, not much difference than that team from DC that plays in MD. I just can't say that nickname.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

so the eagles have ruined christmas in the delaware valley yet again. god damn it.

hat's off to the cowboys for finally slaying their december demons. birds dealt with way too many injuries and stuff to overcome....but there's still no good excuse when you get to 9-3 heading into december and don't get in.

www.myspace.com
    so the eagles have ruined christmas in the delaware valley yet again. god damn it.

hat's off to the cowboys for finally slaying their december demons. birds dealt with way too many injuries and stuff to overcome....but there's still no good excuse when you get to 9-3 heading into december and don't get in.

Exactly. What came to my mind when I was down in DC was, "gutless." That's this team - if they're not up by 20; just a gutless team.
    The Chip Kelly era ladies and gentlemen...

The Eagles under Reid were 22-4 in December games when the Eagles had a winning record and their opponent didn’t. The exceptions (not including the season-ending losses in 2004 after the Eagles clinched No. 1 seed and played subs) were an overtime loss to the 49ers in 2003 that ended a nine-game winning streak, 10-3 to the Redskins in 2008, the Joe Webb game against the Vikings in 2010 and then the Cowboys game a week later. Chip Kelly is 3-2 such games, with the loss to the Vikings last year and Saturday to the Redskins. So Kelly has already lost as many games in his first two years when he’s taken a winning team against a losing team in December as Reid lost in his first 11 years.

Since the NFL went to the 4 division format per conference (2002 or something)...there have been two teams who have gone 9-3 and failed to make the playoffs. The Chip Kelly led 2014 eagles are one of those teams.

Also, Mark Sanchez...
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Eagles...lol. 9 wins but really only two quality wins against "good" teams and that is debatable...you could really say only the Cowboys game was a quality win...and then even that is debatable with how the league screwed Dallas on the schedule there.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    edited December 2014
    The Fixer wrote: »
    The Chip Kelly era ladies and gentlemen...

The Eagles under Reid were 22-4 in December games when the Eagles had a winning record and their opponent didn’t. The exceptions (not including the season-ending losses in 2004 after the Eagles clinched No. 1 seed and played subs) were an overtime loss to the 49ers in 2003 that ended a nine-game winning streak, 10-3 to the Redskins in 2008, the Joe Webb game against the Vikings in 2010 and then the Cowboys game a week later. Chip Kelly is 3-2 such games, with the loss to the Vikings last year and Saturday to the Redskins. So Kelly has already lost as many games in his first two years when he’s taken a winning team against a losing team in December as Reid lost in his first 11 years.

Since the NFL went to the 4 division format per conference (2002 or something)...there have been two teams who have gone 9-3 and failed to make the playoffs. The Chip Kelly led 2014 eagles are one of those teams.

Also, Mark Sanchez...

only bringing this up since you mentioned him, but your boy andy reid's record against all teams in december in kansas city? currently 3-5. and he was 7-3 just a few weeks ago and may not make the playoffs either (not to mention being 9-0 last year, only to finish 2-5 before blowing a 30 point lead in the playoffs, while passing it 46 times). clearly we need him back! definitely gotta sign da rick rogers too. ugh.

this team was a horrendous 4-12 a couple years ago. there's hardly ever a straight trajectory from garbage to super bowl winners in 2 seasons. plus you predicted 8 wins back in the summer so they exceeded your expectations even with a backup qb playing half the season.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Way to finish strong! hehehe.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I kind of want to like ODB but man does he bitch to the refs a lot.

Always a disappointing season when you don't reach the playoffs. I think we know where the improvements need to be made, players, coaches and front office. Hopefully we'll get more right than wrong.

I don't see any offense beating the Seahawk's D right now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited December 2014
    I kind of want to like ODB but man does he bitch to the refs a lot.

Always a disappointing season when you don't reach the playoffs. I think we know where the improvements need to be made, players, coaches and front office. Hopefully we'll get more right than wrong.

I don't see any offense beating the Seahawk's D right now.

Definitely feels weird to be 10-6 and not in the playoffs, but what can you do? Same thing happened in 1991.

For a game that didn't mean anything, yesterday was pretty entertaining.

I would love to see a Squawks/Pats Super Bowl
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    So you think Foles and Sanchez will be back next year? They probably will be i think.

I don't really care who's in the Super Bowl as long as it's not Dallas
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA