The Alex Rodriguez Fan Club

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this guy really is a douche ... :lol:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    polaris_x wrote:

not as douchey as jay-z wearing two watches on the same wrist in that picture :lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i don't follow sports at all. from what i have read in this thread though i am amazed. so a-rod resigned with the yankees? and at 10 years? and this was recently? but wait... his hip gives him trouble & he waits and waits to just before spring training just so he can milk the yankees out of their gold?

sounds like a quality professional athelete

these are reasons many do not enjoy sports in today's day and age.

he's putting the shaft to the yankees owner

what's that old guy's name? his likeness on seinfeld? frickin hysterical. the man is eccentric as fuck
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rival. wrote:
    not as douchey as jay-z wearing two watches on the same wrist in that picture :lol:

what the cuss!?? ... :lol: ... i don't get fashion at all! ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I imagine this was more of the case of whoever was running the charity ripping off the money. Not like Jayzee and aRod care about $700G. That's probably their budget for a night of blow and hookers.

Also, I'll bet just one of the watches that jZ is wearing cost more then I will make in my entire life. :x :fp:
    Jason P wrote:
    I imagine this was more of the case of whoever was running the charity ripping off the money. Not like Jayzee and aRod care about $700G. That's probably their budget for a night of blow and hookers.

Also, I'll bet just one of the watches that jZ is wearing cost more then I will make in my entire life. :x :fp:

uhhh ... still douchy to start a charity under your name and not pay attention to it ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

uhhh ... still douchy to start a charity under your name and not pay attention to it ...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbISSh9EzVDpS0c5a8VzWo-dRlc5_Bf6gwM80wSpvzLn19ekQR
  • chadwick wrote:
    i don't follow sports at all. from what i have read in this thread though i am amazed. so a-rod resigned with the yankees? and at 10 years? and this was recently? but wait... his hip gives him trouble & he waits and waits to just before spring training just so he can milk the yankees out of their gold?

sounds like a quality professional athelete

these are reasons many do not enjoy sports in today's day and age.

he's putting the shaft to the yankees owner

what's that old guy's name? his likeness on seinfeld? frickin hysterical. the man is eccentric as fuck

Arod resigned after the 2007 season so he has 5 years left on his deal. The Yankees announced he needed surgery in the beginning of December so he didn't wait until just before spring training. The old guy is George Steinbrenner and he passed away in 2010 so his son Hal is running the team now.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,914
    Jason P wrote:
    $90 — yes, ninety dollars — to a Little League baseball team in Miami.

if my math is correct, $90 to a-fraud is like 30 cents to someone earning $100,000 per year :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506
    imalive wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    $90 — yes, ninety dollars — to a Little League baseball team in Miami.

if my math is correct, $90 to a-fraud is like 30 cents to someone earning $100,000 per year :shock:

no way...it's gotta be a fraction of one cent
    www.myspace.com
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Still sucks
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Still sucks

There have been more DS1119 sighting's lately
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/alex ... ars-032813

Alex Rodriguez will make more this year than all the Houston Astros combined — a lot more.

And he won't even play the first half of the season, if at all.

A-Rod's $29 million salary tops the major leagues for the 13th straight season, according to a study of major league contracts by The Associated Press.

Rodriguez's Yankees are on track to have the highest payroll on opening day for the 15th straight year, climbing above the Los Angeles Dodgers to a projected $228 million with this week's acquisition of Vernon Wells.

With teams due to set opening-day rosters Sunday, the Yankees' payroll will be nearly 10 times the spending of the Astros, who have shrunk their payroll to about $25 million.

''When we get on the baseball field with whomever the opponent is, they are not sitting there saying: `Well, their players make more money than us so therefore you're deemed a winner and we're deemed a loser,''' Astros manager Bo Porter said Thursday. ''Games are won and lost on the baseball field, and it doesn't matter what somebody is paid every two weeks. At the end of the day, that person has to be better than you today.''

Rodriguez, recovering from hip surgery, is followed on the money list by Philadelphia pitcher Cliff Lee at $25 million.

Three of the top six will start the season on the DL, with A-Rod joined by New York Mets pitcher Johan Santana (third at $24.6 million) and Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira (sixth at $23.1 million). Wells is fourth at $24.6 million and CC Sabathia fifth at $24.3 million, giving the Yankees four of the top six.

The Astros and Miami Marlins have no such worries about pricey players getting hurt. After lifting payroll to about $100 million at the start of last year and then flopping in the first year of their new ballpark, the Marlins slashed spending to around $40 million.

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig endorses the decisions, saying ''every team runs in cycles.''
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Sources: A-Rod Paid To Prevent Leak Of Docs

T.J. Quinn on MLB investigators being told that Alex Rodriguez paid a former Biogenesis clinic employee to prevent the release of potentially damaging documents.

MIAMI -- Sources familiar with MLB's investigation into a Miami-area clinic say MLB investigators have been told that Alex Rodriguez paid a former clinic employee to prevent the release of potentially damaging documents.

Those same sources say that while MLB investigators find the Rodriguez information credible, the investigators have no physical evidence to connect the New York Yankees' star to payments.

The New York Times reported Friday that MLB investigators had evidence that Rodriguez bought documents from a Biogenesis employee, but a source close to MLB's investigation said that was not correct.

If MLB can acquire physical evidence or convince witnesses to give sworn statements, Rodriguez could not only face suspension from Major League Baseball, but possible criminal charges.

As the Miami New Times and "Outside the Lines" reported, Rodriguez is listed in Biogenesis documents as having received thousands of dollars worth of performance-enhancing drugs. "Outside the Lines" also reported in February that Rodriguez was injected with drugs at his home by clinic founder Anthony Bosch.

Sources told "Outside the Lines" that the former Biogenesis of America employee, Michael Porter Fischer, left the company in September after a falling out with Bosch. Fischer, two sources said, had invested $20,000 in the company, but grew disenchanted with Bosch and demanded his money. The sources said Bosch eventually paid Fischer the $20,000, but refused to pay an additional $4,000 that Fischer said he was owed. Sources said Bosch informed Rodriguez that Fischer was threatening to expose the operation, and Rodriguez gave Bosch at least $4,000 "to make it go away."

Sources disagree as to whether Bosch paid Fischer that money, but several sources said a group of men found Fischer, threatened him, took the documents and paid him $4,000. Sources said they believed that those documents were then destroyed, but offered different opinions as to who sent the men.

Fischer could not be reached for comment. MLB officials declined comment, as well.

Terry Fahn, a spokesman for Rodriguez, said Friday night: "Alex flatly denies the allegations.''

Bosch's attorney, Susy Ribero-Ayala, said Friday night her client was not available to comment on the latest allegations, citing "pending civil litigation and a criminal investigation."

When asked for his reaction to the latest Rodriguez story, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said, "It's an MLB issue. I mean, that's my reaction to that."

Sources told "Outside the Lines" that the Florida Department Health has been investigating whether Bosch practiced medicine without a license, though they are not authorized to bring criminal charges and thus would have to partner with a state or local law enforcement agency.

As for allegations that A-Rod paid for medical documents linking him to Bosch's lab, Ribero-Ayala said, "I have absolutely no knowledge of any of that. I really don't have any comment."

Though MLB investigators have been working the South Florida case with vigor since last summer, they have not yet met or scheduled an interview with Rodriguez, who is on the disabled list as he rehabs from hip surgery.

While it is unclear where MLB is headed with its investigation, sources indicated its ability to call witnesses it has paid money to for information could be called into question (or compromised) in any potential court or arbitration proceeding.

Fischer has been one of the most wanted men for some time in the Biogenesis scandal. Numerous former associates of Bosch's say they believe he gave documents to the New Times. After the New Times broke its story in January, a hunt began for Fischer who was described in documents as Biogenesis' marketing director.

Investigators and reporters have showed up at the front door of the Coral Gables home Fischer shared with his mother and older sister. His sister, Suzanne, a former classmate of Bosch's at Epiphany High School, told "Outside the Lines" that Fischer left the house abruptly earlier this fall, saying "Whatever you do, don't answer the door or nothing."

Fischer left behind his two Rottweilers and 300 pounds of dog food, and hasn't returned since. His sister said one afternoon last fall several "goons" with "big muscles" pounded on the door to the house, yelling, "We'll give you money!"

They were not the only callers looking to discuss money with Fischer.

Found at the foot of the door in March, as the dogs could be heard barking aggressively inside, was a business card and handwritten note from an MLB investigator, reading: "Please call -- we know time is $. Call ASAP."

Sources said Fischer has met with MLB investigators, but was described as being "not particularly helpful."

Sources said MLB has documents from Biogenesis, but did not say where MLB investigators got them. While sources said MLB had paid sources to cooperate and provide information, it was not clear whether MLB had paid anyone for documents.

this mother fucker has got to go!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    polaris_x wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: yeah he really is the gold standard for class.
    rival. wrote:

:lol: Slow Day at ESPN
    Does he go to the games and sit in the dugout? maybe he plays Sudoku or something?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Does he go to the games and sit in the dugout? maybe he plays Sudoku or something?

I'm wondering the same thing. They should bring him out to do the YMCA routine with the grounds crew.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,222

If you go to Tampa maybe you can get an autograph since that's where he's working out rehabbing from the hip injury.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

If you go to Tampa maybe you can get an autograph since that's where he's working out rehabbing from the hip injury.

cool. i may drive out there to give him my steroid-free, uninjured autograph.
    100 games. :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    What a fn class act! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Well, we know who his biggest fan is...

a-rod-kisses-himself-details-magazine.jpg
    So muscular
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Well, we know who his biggest fan is...

a-rod-kisses-himself-details-magazine.jpg
    So muscular
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Does he get a ring when we win this October?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    My buddy is the detective working this case.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-06-20 ... guez/full/

Doesnt look good for Aroid :lol::lol: